How life started?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
And there we come to my original point about religion. It hinges on the belief in supernatural events.
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which brings me back to my references to Hawking and the other books
Old 09-16-2012, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

I grew up babtist and like most I never questioned my faith or beliefs. However, when I took World History my freshman year of high school I learned about other religions. I realized my religion wasn't nearly as special as I thought. Once out of high school I started reading books on religion, philosophy, and evolution. The rest is history....

"Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits." Dan Barker

Last edited by LS2 KLR; 09-16-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Geez, coming in at the last minute. You read the thread? I made some recommendations for those who are so "settled" in their understanding of the beginning of the universe.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Geez, coming in at the last minute. You read the thread? I made some recommendations for those who are so "settled" in their understanding of the beginning of the universe.
holy **** man, let it go....are you trying to recruit people or something?......you believe what you want.....you choose to word things however you want.....but i'm not going to pop off and tell you you're stupid and that you've got misunderstanding if i don't particularly agree with something you said.....you're entitled to your opinion, if you stray a little off topic in the midst of conversation, so be it.....if not, that's great too....if you use a juvenile analogy, fine.......yeah, the fries thing was kind of juvenile, but get the **** off my nuts
Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Huh? Why are you even quoting what I said to someone else?

Also, as a whole, the OT topic was out of control. I said I knew the misinformation coming from both sides but I wouldn't take the time b/c people get butthurt like you just did. You brought a knife to a gunfight with people talking about the origins of the universe and you got called out on it - not my fault. Then you and others went on an OT bender that was rife with misinformation - not my fault. I'm on your side (kind of), but don't expect me to cover up for your inadequacies.

Also class act on the rebuttal there with the nutswinging, how old are you?
Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

out of control?.....we were discussing "How life started".....i said i believed God as it was written......so how is what we were saying not on topic?......he asked a question referring to the Bible and i gave my answer.....it was all relative to the topic, you got your panties stuck in the back of your throat for some reason, and felt like you needed to take control of the direction of the thread.....if you believe something different, that's fine......but don't tell me i'm tossing misinformation for stating my opinion....you went on a little bender talking about evil, so just what does that have to do with the origins of the universe??.....was all of your talk about "evil" an example of you spewing out "misunderstanding"?

Last edited by jc98ss; 09-16-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is quite interesting to see all different point of views. I am catholic because thats how I was raised, but by no means am I religious. I did learn about the whole Adam and Eve thing but it just doesnt make sense to me that thats our origin. Religion is kind of confusing to me and the big bang theoryand evolution make more sense to me. After we evolved, was there a God? That would make more sense I would think than before anything ever existed, but its all in faitj when ot comes to religion.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you remember playing the game as a kid where you tell one person something, and they tell the next person, and on and on until the story gets back to you? The story was always completely different by the time it got back to you.

This is how I look at the bible. After thousands of years, the stories have been edited and translated. Though the bible may have some truth to it, I believe most of it has turned into a miscommunicated load of crap.

IMO religion had its time and place when mankind needed something to believe in, before science came along and was able to prove answers to questions people have had for many many years.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Internet = srs bzns.

I came into the thread 1st knowing that it should be locked, 2nd I provided some useful information that wasn't immediately debunked by 2 other people. 3rd, I did not admit that I wasn't "smart enough to convince" someone else about their faith or "leaning on faith." 4th I made a comment about the lack of intelligent discussion, then 5th I responded to others posts of a philosophical nature (being the problem of evil and the nature of what a god is).

Then I get to you, jc98ss, who comes out of nowhere blindly asserting faith without question amidst a thread that talks about the origins of life and the universe. I'm not trying to "win" people to a side but I do bring a certain bit of thought to the subject so others can actually debate. Please tell me how my references to Stephen Hawking and my debate with 409 "took control of the thread?" If anything it tried to steer it away from making the thread into a devolving debate on religion that is clearly banned in the forum rules.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone hear about that scientist thinks we are part of a "sim" game. Buddy sent me a link to it the other day pretty wild idea, I'll try and find the link
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ancient race that evolved from some other lifeform. Brought our race here as slaves.
Kinda like petri dish experiment, left us to our luck and own will.
Been observing us, prolly did not expect us to become as intelligent as we think we are.
Developing technology and such.
Early humans dreamed of our present. How did the idea of electricity,fire,weapons,planes,spaceships, manifest in human brains and set them out to create them??
I am a christian, but have questioned what doesnt make sense to me.
I find it funny, how people of faith believe in god, but not other entities. Its no different to me believing in god or entities from another realm or world.
I actually had a preacher get very upset when i mentioned that god may not be as good as hes made out to be.
He can forgive the fallen angel and bury the hatchet and restore what ever problems they had between them.
Why did the fallen angel have on god, thst caused god to banish him and turn him into a demon?
What caused god to become so angry, to eliminate one of his elite angels?
Why did god need warrior angels? What was god battling or defending himself from before the devil?
I mentioned that the solution to rid evil from man, was for god to just forgivr the devil.
Problem solved. But yet did not, so now we gotta ride it out til we die and be involved in their grudge. So basically its do as i say, not do as i do
Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

I like turtles
Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is bread square, and lunch meat round!? There's just some questions we will never have answers to.

/Thread
Old 09-16-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im catholic I go to church and im a active member in the community.
But I am studying to be a Mechanical engineer. So all the physics ive been studying has giving me a "new Light" to how life really started... Who knows....
Personally i have decided how life really started.
Thats my story/opinion.
ws6kid.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tomb is empty and that say's it all.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SHovV
Why is bread square, and lunch meat round!? There's just some questions we will never have answers to.

/Thread

Ever try to slice a round loaf of bread? Next...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ladies and Germs, may I present to you: the butthurt

Originally Posted by jc98ss
who the **** are you?......Captain Save-A-Thread?.....i didn't blindly assert anything, i simply stated my opinion on the matter, you're too much of a ******* nerd to understand that people can have an answer to a "philosophical" question that is OTHER than what you would've wrote......you just couldn't take it that someone else was stating their opinion, and for some reason you had to inject smartass remarks into a thread where people were having a friendly discussion....where exactly is your ******* thread cop badge, bitch?......here's why you completely fail.....the topic of the thread is "How Life Started"..........THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWER YOU STUPID ************.....it's all speculation, because no one knows which suggestion is actually true....wait, i forgot, you know everything....so you can tell people when they're wrong .....suck my dick you ******* lame *** hacker ******.....i'm sure you've taken a few classes

Cause really

This is why no religion and politics are allowed
Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the butthurt???
wow, did you just tattletale on me?..........thanks for proving my point, you really are a bitch...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Launching!

lol at the 'christians' going back and forth at each other while the atheist havent done anything.

seriously thoough, enough with the 12yr old 'u mad?' pics and all. lets keep it civil and try and understand others outlooks.

thanks
-hail thor

Quick Reply: How life started?