Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U still mad? Cuz now I'm just trololololing
Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just to keep short and to the point. Without a doubt or any disbelief whatsoever, GOD as written in book of Genesis. I respect everyone’s opinion and own belief’s, but I don’t doubt my own.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't use the bible to prove the bible is true.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Launching!

heres a question for current believers of a supernatural deity:
how many of you have looked out into the world and narrowed down your choice out of the thousands of dieties to only one? and what made you pick that one diety over the others youve done research on?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

409Ci,

No, but Science can prove what is already written in the Bible. Written long before where Science is now.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Launching!

or, it could disprove it. like its disproved the whole book of exodus and that there were never jews in egypt
Old 09-16-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Doomsday
409Ci,

No, but Science can prove what is already written in the Bible. Written long before where Science is now.
Confirmation bias, you see science proving your particular god, Muslims see it proves the Koran, Jews see it proves the Torah. Show me where in the bible it mentions the Higgs Boson, or even germs. On what day does it say god created subatomic particles or microscopic organisms? The bible simply makes vague statements that some people have interpreted to align with science and their beliefs, there's nothing special there, in fact it's very similar to the way 'psychics' work.

People also ignore when science goes against what's taught in their holy book. Such as when science suggests homosexuality may not be a choice or when science suggests the world was not created in 7 days. You cannot look at empirical research and say "see that proves the bible is true" and then ignore the stuff that makes the bible appear false.

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 09-16-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Xtremebbq, I actually was raised baptist as well. Most of my life I was extremely interested in cosmology, space, and science so I naturally started doing some reading amd haven't stopped since. As I mentioned earlier I have done some study with buddhism, hinduism, taoism, judaism, cults, etc, and I still believe the way I do because of my understanding of the beginning of the universe.

I recommended those books earlier because I think that if the premier mind in cosmological studies goes back and forth between a caused and an uncaused universe - then the case is not closed.

That being said I am more deist than acting Christian when it comes to philosophy and scientific assertations. My personal experiences have informed my belief in Christianity (trite to a point, I know). As far as intellectually and morally choosing a religion, from what I have studied and seen in person I believe that in belief and practice Christianity is the most sensible and morally faithful to it's tenets.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Life on little planet earth or the entire universe? the thread started out with life. Life is a replicating molecule. the decedent of the first being the DNA in your cells. This is fact and born out of countless research efforts. Every time religion goes up against science it loses. This happens time and again but religious folk don't learn that their beliefs are fake - they don't want to
Old 09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my gf's a strict catholic, weve had this talk. she told me to let her live in her disillousional reality because she cant deal with the reality of death.
basically htas all it is, is fear.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why does something exist rather than nothing?
What do you think of near death experiences? The brain has absolutely no activity and yet people have described events with incontrovertible evidence like describing things that happened in their rooms or even outside of the hospital while they were "dead".

All "religious" people are not the same btw, I believe in natural progressive evolution but I continue to ask the questions science cannot answer.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Xtremebbq, I actually was raised baptist as well. Most of my life I was extremely interested in cosmology, space, and science so I naturally started doing some reading amd haven't stopped since. As I mentioned earlier I have done some study with buddhism, hinduism, taoism, judaism, cults, etc, and I still believe the way I do because of my understanding of the beginning of the universe.
thanks for clarifying.
so out of the other religions youve looked at. you feel genesis gives a good explanation for how everything was made in the natural world around you?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
thanks for clarifying.
so out of the other religions youve looked at. you feel genesis gives a good explanation for how everything was made in the natural world around you?
And it just so happens to be the one you were raised in?

Funny how Muslims say the same thing about Islam.
The number one predictor of religion is geography.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually yes, I think the beginning of Genesis offers an epochal explanation of the formation of the universe and life on earth. As far as the figures characters lasting hundreds of years, I'm not sure but it isn't the first account of humans with long life. I have to remember that it's an incomplete record of life, and it wasn't meant to explain scientific findings - it was meant to follow a specific people group and their interactions with God.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Launching!

do you think that a woman being created from a mans rib is more plausible than abiogenesis and evolution?
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Abiogenesis is a nice 50 cent word lol. I think that the garden scene is symbolic to the point that it differentiates man from nature in that we are the image of God (as in conscience, language, and freedom of will). I also believe in supernatural events, which can lend me to accept that God could intervene in evolution to endow humanity with these traits. To answer outright I take the story symbollically not literally.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Found the link

http://m.vice.com/read/whoa-dude-are...-0000329-v19n9
Old 09-16-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
Occam's razor
Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what if super evolved humans from the future who have infinate knowledge of the universe, traveled back in time 100's of millions of years and seeded the young earth with life. what if we are the gods.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

We understand nothing of the works of God unless we take it as a principle that He wishes to blind some and to enlighten others. -Blaise Pascal

As for creation, I believe it went a little like this...

In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its mutant fish hands and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey and that made you! So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations! -Mr. Garrison

Quick Reply: How life started?