Spring tx home owners, need your input on neighborhood overall.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring tx home owners, need your input on neighborhood overall.

Closing on a house in spring (old spring) off wood bridge dr (77373). Home is very well upkept as well as most other houses surrounding it. The home I'm buying was vacant for over 2 years and I noticed some very faded graffiti sprayed on the outside of the fence and I can see where the owner sanded it off. Just want to know before I close if there is a gang problem or has anyone in immediate area have any major crimes, robberies etc. I know kids will be kids and that we can't run away from crime or mischief but at the same time don't wanna move into a war zone. It is a pretty mixed and diverse neighborhood and I like the house overall, just would like to hear from actual residents. Thanks
Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Hope this helps.

http://houstoncrimemaps.com/zip/77373/
Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Spring at Louetta and TC Jester and have not really had any issues. In the summer a few kids might cause some problems but nothing more than that. Is this east or west of 45?

Overall we are really happy with the area
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Thanks a million guys, that graph did indeed help answer a lot of my ?'s too. The property is on the east side of 45 (going north) I'm not even in tx now so I can't be more precise with location, it's on berry pine dr & wood river.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the timberlane neighborhood. I know a few people that live or lived in over there. Its pretty ghetto as most of spring has turned this way. A lot of rent houses in that neighborhood so with renters comes people that are not the best to live around. Just my 2 cents. I would research it more before you decide. Drive around it and look at who is outside and the type of people. It will give you a good idea of whats going on.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Thats the timberlane neighborhood. I know a few people that live or lived in over there. Its pretty ghetto as most of spring has turned this way. A lot of rent houses in that neighborhood so with renters comes people that are not the best to live around. Just my 2 cents. I would research it more before you decide. Drive around it and look at who is outside and the type of people. It will give you a good idea of whats going on.
That's what I'm kinda afraid of to be honest. I did drive around at nite time (8:00ish) Friday evening and it appeared to be be quiete overall. I did see an older maybe upper middle age white lady walking her dog, rear neighbor is black, Hispanic family across the street and for the very most part the yards and homes are generally well kept. There are a few eye sorers there but those are everywhere with fireclosures still happening. Unfortunately being single with too many toys due to my dti I'm about maxed on what I qualify for and can logically afford w/o living paycheck to paycheck. It's a few steps down from my first house in atascocita but it is what it is.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Launching!

I live close to Carters Country on Treaswig, I have lived here for over 8 years. After Katrina my neighborhood went to **** for awhile, but since government assistance has finally ran out for them its improved a lot you can't get away from the crime its everywhere. Just get a good alarm and a good 45 cal. you should be fine..
Old 10-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Lol, this is not sounding so good. Might really have to reconsider
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Launching!

There's a low income apt. complex near there. Would not recommend that are.a man
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
This is the most accurate info given. Spring has changed after the hurricane. I wouldn't purchase a home in spring. Look a little more north around rayford/sawdust. There are some cheaper homes in legends run neighborhood and the area isn't quite as bad.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Awesome advice guys, thanks definitely pulling out no doubt. I will not pay to be in the hood, explains why 2 years on the market after a complete renovation.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Katrina was the ruination of decent small suburbs in houston and a lot of decent small towns afterwards.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spring Trails on Riley Fuzzel has some nice houses in it. Its more expensive, but price will push the trash out. My parents live on the West side of 45 between Spring Stuebner and 2920. I grew up in that house and watched the neighborhood go from nice to ****. Cheaper KB homes in the area has brought in cheaper people. Our car hauler was stolen out of their driveway a few years back, storage shed lock cut off another time. Neighbors had stuff stolen out of garage. My dad built an 8ft tall fence all the way around the house with a big dog in the yard to ward off any predators.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

Spring is on both sides of I45. The east side of 45 is a little lower income than the west side. I live on the west side of Spring right around the border of Tomball and it's nice. Been in that area for about 13 years now.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Launching!

I used to work this area for my previous employer. Anything west of 45 your good... riley fuzzel your good... anything down aldine westfield just walk away.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Launching!

It's official (i pulled out of contract). Realtor for seller is irate with me but it's ok. Looks like if I step down in pmt (trading F250) and pay off remainder balance of my signature loan I will be able to get more home. I'm gunna focus in tomball and atascocita. I'd rather less house (smaller) in nicer community. Again thanks for the heads up, glad I made this thread!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
It's official (i pulled out of contract). Realtor for seller is irate with me but it's ok. Looks like if I step down in pmt (trading F250) and pay off remainder balance of my signature loan I will be able to get more home. I'm gunna focus in tomball and atascocita. I'd rather less house (smaller) in nicer community. Again thanks for the heads up, glad I made this thread!
You will thank your self! Good luck!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good call- stay west of 45 and you will be happy.

Quick Reply: Spring tx home owners, need your input on neighborhood overall.