What do you consider fast for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see some people using the term daily driver and some using the term street car.

I have a DD.... My blue Ws6. I drive it every single day everywhere I go rain or shine it doesn't matter.
Then I have my street car... A forged 370 with a 300 hit. I drive it when I "want/feel" like it. Could I drive it every single day? Absolutely. But I don't.

With that said... The other 100% true daily driver cars I would face, my car hauls *** stock.
In the past few weeks I have pulled:
turbo civic on 14# with a built motor
01 Cobra with bolt ons
TBSS stock
98 SS with a medium cam full exhaust and converter
98 Z28 full exhaust short throw lid
04 CTSV bolt ons
2012 Challenger RT stock
Couple diesels with programmers/etc
98 Ws6 stock
This is the majority and the ones worth mentioning.

Some I walked pretty hard, some were neck and neck. The closest was the turbo civic, then the 98 SS with a cam. Everything else I pulled 2+ lengths on, some were kind of ugly.

The cars I have pulled in the past month are at the top of the food chain for what you see that someone drives daily (all cars listed are 100% true daily driver cars, I know all of them personally) and you are likely going to run into at a red light.

I 100% DD my Ms4/PRC ls6 heads/FAST intake/3K# Trans Am for 2 years or so... But that isn't something you normally see someone drive. I drove it in snow with skinnies up front and all. If I had more sense at the time I would have bought a DD so I didn't have to drive it daily though.

Mid 12s or better or 110+mph... There is going to be very few DD cars on the road that will beat you. Were on a forum with gear heads and the vast majority is not in the 11s or 120+, and tons of them are just toys.

Just my take on it... With that said, I'm adding full exhaust and a 100 hit (150 hit when needed) along with a Tick trans very soon to mine FWIW.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
12s are slow as hell. 11s are respectable for commuter cars. 10s are the best all-around balance between speed and reliability. 9s would be considered a fast daily driver, in Houston.
Fixed.

Quick Reply: What do you consider fast for a daily driver?