teachers packin heat? right on....

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
Israeli teachers pack heat
BUT in Israel ... Everyone has to serve a few years in the military. So the Teachers are generally pretty well versed in handling a side arm. As opposed to someone here who takes a 12 hour course and shoots at a stationary target at >15 ft.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by codyvette
I would hope that if we choose this as a security measure that we would require a little better holster that makes it less stupid people dangerous. That just looks like disaster waiting to happen. The kids don't seem to be paying any mind to it though.
Because they're raised around them. If you responsibly teach your kids about guns, then they aren't taboo and something to be played with in back corners.

Here's a good article that partly touches on the question earlier about the frequency of these attacks lately - http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ings-john-fund
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd bet big money any Israeli kid has more trigger time than most cops here in the US. I have been there and every single person their will tune you up. Not like here where 9 out of 10 people roll over and call the cops.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a few thoughts on this.
Schools are very soft targets with major psychological impact when hit. Its a wonder terrorist haven't been hitting them. Fix that and most of the shootings will stop.

Insane people can no longer be institutionalized or medicated without their consent. They used to be able to institutionalize crazies without consent. Is there a correlation?

Gun control isn't the fix. Just off the top of my head, there was a mass shooting in Sweden, a school shooting in Scotland abd Australia. All three countries heavily control guns. Not working too well for them. Plus you take away guns, so they make bombs. The target is still soft.

The problem as I see it is the decay or the family, morals, the sense of entitlement, lack of discipline, and the way kids are brought up where everyone is a winner and gets an award. Besides lacking a moral compass, people in this country have been growing up without having to face much adversity. They think they deserve a good life without having done anything to earn it. If there are behavioral problems many parents medicate their kids instead of expecting them to behave. Small wonder we have so many adults and kidd that can't take it and snap when they get a dose of the real world.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

It only happens because they know they can easily get away with it. How many people go to an armed area to shoot it up? None. How many times have you heard of a teacher or security guard shooting a place up? None. Give the teachers or armed security guns along with a metal detector and problem solved.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike96z
It only happens because they know they can easily get away with it. How many people go to an armed area to shoot it up? None. How many ti have you heard of a teacher or security guard shooting a place up? None. Give the teachers or armed security guns along with a metal detector and problem solved.
Very much agreed, as long as they get extensive training that doesn't get budget cut to hell and back. I also believe that those that are going to pack need to have the moral aptitude to kill the **** out of someone trying to harm children in any way, without thinking twice, like I am certain that wonderful principal would have. By the way, am not a fan of white, but that bitch you riden is PHAT.

Last edited by codyvette; 12-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

in theory it sounds great. but chances are a kid is going to really **** a teacher off and a teacher is going to end up using that gun on a kid. or a kid is going to get a hold of the gun (i.e. the gun being lost or stolen) and then the kid can use it. it's a shitty situation either way. it all comes down to how the parents raise their kids and even if they have a stable home if the kid has a mental illness the parents need to make sure that it is taken care of.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
in theory it sounds great. but chances are a kid is going to really **** a teacher off and a teacher is going to end up using that gun on a kid. or a kid is going to get a hold of the gun (i.e. the gun being lost or stolen) and then the kid can use it. it's a shitty situation either way. it all comes down to how the parents raise their kids and even if they have a stable home if the kid has a mental illness the parents need to make sure that it is taken care of.
That's an awfully broad assumption based on absolutely no facts. You assume that just because someone has access to a gun when they're angry means they will turn into a killer?

By the same logic, am I automatically going to beat my child with a 2x4 just because said 2x4 is in my garage?

Wow.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Teching In

my kids **** me off to no end, yet i dont grab the 40 or 12ga and blow em away...
Old 12-20-2012, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jiveass
my kids **** me off to no end, yet i dont grab the 40 or 12ga and blow em away...
No ****.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by codyvette
Very much agreed, as long as they get extensive training that doesn't get budget cut to hell and back. I also believe that those that are going to pack need to have the moral aptitude to kill the **** out of someone trying to harm children in any way, without thinking twice, like I am certain that wonderful principal would have. By the way, am not a fan of white, but that bitch you riden is PHAT.
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
That's an awfully broad assumption based on absolutely no facts. You assume that just because someone has access to a gun when they're angry means they will turn into a killer?

By the same logic, am I automatically going to beat my child with a 2x4 just because said 2x4 is in my garage?

Wow.
I agree. I'd think these weapons would be placed in a secure area or strapped down in a holster. I could see this as a possibility only if there is a crazy high school student that wants to mess up a teacher but just because there is a gun doesn't mean it will be used. Even if the teachers don't carry the weapons, there should be a secure area in each room with a hand gun in the event the school is under attack. This could be a lock box where only the teacher has the code. Even if one teacher can't get to it because of the intruder, you know at least there are other teachers in the school who will have that gun and take action.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been three kids, that I remember of, since the last weekend that have brought guns to school. They seem to feel more secure and safe with them.