Kp racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will be there Friday for my tune. I will be curious as to what Troy has to say. He said they drove and even leaned on it a little bit and could not get it to replicate any problems. Hope everything works out for your cousin. I'm happy with what they have done for me so far.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
I will be there Friday for my tune. I will be curious as to what Troy has to say. He said they drove and even leaned on it a little bit and could not get it to replicate any problems. Hope everything works out for your cousin. I'm happy with what they have done for me so far.
They just say its clutch chatter, which doesnt explain the clutch getting stuck to the floor at WOT at times, heavy vibrations like if the car is falling apart at times, some grinding, trying to fight the gear in at WOT. We hope the car comes back out good also cause they seem to have a good rep and we dont want to be the ones to try and ruin that. Which is the reason he went ahead and chose KP cause of good rep.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by minytrker
They paid the people who had judgements against them. They didn't pay everyone who they ripped off. You can't rip off a bunch of people and then years later pay some of them back and think its ok. If you search there are plenty of post on multiple forums about them. It's hard to believe people would support them after knowing they ripped off countless people. If josh from ky turbo paid a few people back and opened a new shop would you send him money too?
Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Thank you!! Once a crook piece of trash always a ......
I find it interesting that people weren't bitching about their past this much until they left LMR. Apparently when working there it no longer mattered
Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UTzo6
I find it interesting that people weren't bitching about their past this much until they left LMR. Apparently when working there it no longer mattered

Roll your eyes at me like a little girl all you want. When a crook that owes money all over the country to people in the race community goes from being hired help at a shop to partial owner it's going to raise eye brows. Why would anyone want to support the growth of a business they own? Are you really that thick to not understand the difference?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

roll your eyes at me like a little girl all you want. When a crook that owes money all over the country to people in the race community goes from being hired help at a shop to partial owner it's going to raise eye brows. Why would anyone want to support the growth of a business they own? Are you really that thick to not understand the difference?
if you that mad i guess you are one of the ones that was ripped off or maybe your just on here acting like you were and giving them such a bad name...since they have been kp racing they have been just fine...and yes all shops do have issues sometimes but they get fixed...but the past is the past..let it go
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DMONICGTO
if you that mad i guess you are one of the ones that was ripped off or maybe your just on here acting like you were and giving them such a bad name...since they have been kp racing they have been just fine...and yes all shops do have issues sometimes but they get fixed...but the past is the past..let it go
Shops do have issues and we understand that. Its fixing the issue where it gets nasty. Some shops choose to not fix any problems. That is why KP is getting another chance to solve the coyotes issue. If they do solve it then that means they stand behind their name and look into making there customers happy.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
Shops do have issues and we understand that. Its fixing the issue where it gets nasty. Some shops choose to not fix any problems. That is why KP is getting another chance to solve the coyotes issue. If they do solve it then that means they stand behind their name and look into making there customers happy.
Were these issues at LMR or KP ?? I know a few folks are at KP from LMR.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just picked up 2 of my Camaros from there this week and my C6Z was done a couple months ago..good clean work
Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UTzo6
Eye scened wut u did dare
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
They just say its clutch chatter, which doesnt explain the clutch getting stuck to the floor at WOT at times, heavy vibrations like if the car is falling apart at times, some grinding, trying to fight the gear in at WOT. We hope the car comes back out good also cause they seem to have a good rep and we dont want to be the ones to try and ruin that. Which is the reason he went ahead and chose KP cause of good rep.

Pull the helper spring off the clutch pedal. That will fix the issue of the clutch sticking to the floor. My 2013gt did it with 100 miles on the odometer. Tremec's have always been notchy in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1bad03snake
Pull the helper spring off the clutch pedal. That will fix the issue of the clutch sticking to the floor. My 2013gt did it with 100 miles on the odometer. Tremec's have always been notchy in my opinion.
Its been done. Its the clutch itself cause that thing smells burnt in normal driving conditions without even stepping on it.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Roll your eyes at me like a little girl all you want. When a crook that owes money all over the country to people in the race community goes from being hired help at a shop to partial owner it's going to raise eye brows. Why would anyone want to support the growth of a business they own? Are you really that thick to not understand the difference?
Were you directly involved in the old T56Rebuilds mess? If not, where are you getting your facts? How do you know that disputes weren't settled, did you call all the people and ask them? You leave a lot to assumptions here, which doesn't help anyone. So, let me give you some facts to chew on. Whether you choose to believe them is your choice.

Joe doesn't own KP. KP stands for Knight Performance. Mr. Knight owns KP, and purchased the land, building, equipment, tools... everything. He is a good man, and former customer of LMR. He and Joe had a good relationship, so Joe was asked to come run his shop. He owns another successful business not related to the car industry, KP is a company he started for his passion with cars. Amber does not work at KP, period.

Also, Knight and Joe were both concerned about the internet horror stories and reputation from the T56Rebuilds crap. Knight personally wrote checks to cover any outstanding disputes, to put an end to it all. If you know someone with a legit claim, have them contact him. This was done in order to give his new shop a clean start, and try to get out from under the previous negative history. Think about it, it is a good business decision to do so. Write a few losses for a few grand, in order to give your half million business investment a chance to grow.

So, again, you can keep perpetuating this history, or you can try and let Knight have a successful business after a huge financial investment. But, at least get your facts straight - or actually do something to help those victims instead of merely complaining on a forum about it. I've had some long conversations with the guys at KP about this stuff, so I am doing something about it. I just ask you to do the same, on your end.

If anyone out there has an open dispute/claim, feel free to contact me and I'll put you in contact with the right people.

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by Nine Ball; 07-25-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Were you directly involved in the old T56Rebuilds mess? If not, where are you getting your facts? How do you know that disputes weren't settled, did you call all the people and ask them? You leave a lot to assumptions here, which doesn't help anyone. So, let me give you some facts to chew on. Whether you choose to believe them is your choice.

Joe doesn't own KP. KP stands for Knight Performance. Mr. Knight owns KP, and purchased the land, building, equipment, tools... everything. He is a good man, and former customer of LMR. He and Joe had a good relationship, so Joe was asked to come run his shop. He owns another successful business not related to the car industry, KP is a company he started for his passion with cars. Amber does not work at KP, period.

Also, Knight and Joe were both concerned about the internet horror stories and reputation from the T56Rebuilds crap. Knight personally wrote checks to cover any outstanding disputes, to put an end to it all. If you know someone with a legit claim, have them contact him. This was done in order to give his new shop a clean start, and try to get out from under the previous negative history. Think about it, it is a good business decision to do so. Write a few losses for a few grand, in order to give your half million business investment a chance to grow.

So, again, you can keep perpetuating this history, or you can try and let Knight have a successful business after a huge financial investment. But, at least get your facts straight - or actually do something to help those victims instead of merely complaining on a forum about it. I've had some long conversations with the guys at KP about this stuff, so I am doing something about it. I just ask you to do the same, on your end.

Thanks,
Tony
Stop making sense Tony! I'd rather bitch about it on the internet then make a claim and get funds owed to me LOL

I started to make a post similar to yours yesterday but stopped. I figured those who actually lost funds would have done this already as it has been posted on several occasions on several boards.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

If anyone out there has an open dispute/claim, feel free to contact me and I'll put you in contact with the right people.

Thanks,
Tony
EXACTLY THANK YOU TONY...

SORRYBUT I GOTTA SAY IT...THAT GUY BRINGING UP PAST STUFF MUST BE A DIE HARD DALLAS FAN CAUSE THEY ALWAYS BE BRINGING UP THE PAST...
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Thanks,
Tony
Well said Tony. Joe is a great guy and the talent in that shop is amazing. Mr. Knight is a great guy that shares a passion for cars just like all of us. If you are owed money, contact the shop and they will get you taken care of. If you are not owed money and were never involved in the matter until the **** talking started then get your facts straight.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

It's crazy that Mr. knight paid off someone else's
Debt to just come run his shop, especially someone that half ***'s tunes, his tunes suck period! Crazy world!
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

They just tuned my buddy's 6.0 h/c/I speed density and its great.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Just picked my camaro up from them Monday and they had good customer service and I am satisfied with the tune. I dealt with Troy up front and any questions I had for Joe he answers them and helped me out big time. They did a couple of other small things for me and didnt charge labor out the *** like I thought most shops would.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 06colorado
Debt to just come run his shop, especially someone that half ***'s tunes, his tunes suck period! Crazy world!
Would love to hear more about your story.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 06colorado
The debt was peanuts compared to the business investment. Good business sense to do so. I'd like to hear more about your story, too.

Thus far, nobody has contacted me with any claim report. Like I said, all internet nonsense. Send them over, if you know them.

Quick Reply: Kp racing