Got rear ended and the guy ran

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help but think what would Ray Donovan do?

In all seriousness, stay legal and be safe. I hope there is a happy ending.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^Ray wouldn't do legal or safe....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

I'd like to think on more what would Dexter do
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
That fkn sucks *** and pisses me off to no end. Not trying to steal your thread but.....
3 weeks ago I was on 59 north between 610 and downtown. This A**hole sideswipes me in the V and hauls *** (he was in a Volvo turbo wagon)lol needless to say the chase didn't last too long. I was on the phone with hpd for nearly 30 minutes following this db flashing my lights and blowing my horn. I passed three different officers whom all refused to even look over at us while the guy continued to run (at low speed). We ended up in front of South Houston police dept where he shot in there like a cannon raising a fuss that I'm harassing him.
I simply stated I was following him and had 911 still on the line bc he hit my car, The fat *** bastard swore he never touched me nor did we make contact. I just pointed out the damage which was consistent with my story and the f***er then said Oh he (I) merged into me (him). The officer took a report and told me to let my insurance co deal with it and that was that.
Lets fast forward to today 8/23/13, I was driving my semi truck on 610 just over the ship channel with the speed of traffic. As I came down the channel there sat sorry *** pathetic hpd on the shoulder taking speed. I was pulled over and cited for 70 in a 60 (yes I was doing every bit of 70 too). I cant bitch about being caught speeding but the fact that I was in a hit and run where they did nothing just sent me to the moon.
O/p just buy a new or used bumper cover have it painted and slap it on and save yourself a **** ton of frustration and higher insurance costs. been there done that, and F*** lazy broke *** hpd traffic division!
i can understand your frustration however, when you were chasing the guy you were prob transferred from the call taker to a dispatch supervisor who then has to relay the info to the dispatcher who then has to find an available unit to dispatch, then has to tell the unit whats going on then the unit has to maneuver through traffic lights / traffic. by the time the officer got the call you had prob already driven for 5 min relaying info which at highway speeds you'd traveled approx 5 miles. not to mention you prob drove through 3 different districts which are on 3 different frequencies. not all of hpd is on one channel so the cops you saw driving on the freeway prob had no idea what was going on which is why they didnt do anything. like i said i can understand your frustration it happened to me to but other than get there license plate and hope for the cops to catch up to you there not much you can do. as for your speeding ticket well it happens to the best of us just gotta roll with the punches...

for the op. let the cops investigate it and let your insurance handle it. it is not worth going to his has and starting some **** that could get you possibly hurt for $1000. the officers at the scene cant really say who is right and who is wrong if he didnt see it or there were no independent witnesses. that is what the investigator is for. im sure everything will work out, G.L.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Updates OP?
Old 08-30-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

He could have at least cuddled with you afterwards.

Quick Reply: Got rear ended and the guy ran