Warning for those in the Houston area!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in 03 after toasting a th400 lovelady built ....I took it too Owen of ARD.....was suppose to put all the good stuff in it and said it would have no problem in my single turbo mustang...nothing wild....at the time was just a 306 with a little 63 mm turbo. Anyhow....once I got it back ...went to the track made 3 hits and toast....got it apart...nothing special all stock clutch's and stock parts. ...learned my lesson and never went back.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 88GT&69ss
Back in 03 after toasting a th400 lovelady built ....I took it too Owen of ARD.....was suppose to put all the good stuff in it and said it would have no problem in my single turbo mustang...nothing wild....at the time was just a 306 with a little 63 mm turbo. Anyhow....once I got it back ...went to the track made 3 hits and toast....got it apart...nothing special all stock clutch's and stock parts. ...learned my lesson and never went back.
That sounds about right .
Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Teching In

You need to know what's going onto or into your car in order to operate. If you buy an 6xx + rwhp car second hand, plan on tearing it down and revisiting some things. For one, any time you start getting into extreme cams and built auto trans, you better know how they work. The fact is the skill of the driver and knowledge of cars is the only thing that can keep a well built car in one piece.

If I was the op I would have called the shop before buying the car. In fact, to me the biggest foul here is selling a car without introducing the new owner to it's creator.

Sorry to hear the car went that way. What were your expectations with the sale? How much drive time did you get out of it before it failed you?

You ran track runs with flipped head gaskets?

For probably another 50k you can get a reliable 10-11 sec car with a warranty.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Oh, and about the fuel pump access, I'd to watch someone try it with a torch or grinding wheel from a distance. You get what you pay for. If you want it done right, pay to have the Axel dropped and tank removed. And don't give me you don't HAVE to drop the Axel stuff, because you'll waste more time figuring out that rubrics cube than you would if you just let loose a few bolts on the Axel.

My auto correct thinks Axel is a pronoun, it seems. I'm going with it.

Quick Reply: Warning for those in the Houston area!