Houston Area Cam Install Rates

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP: Check out http://www.510racingllc.com/ they are a great shop and their Tuner is outstanding. Good luck with your mods!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tootall
it's a little easier if you specify what all you wanted done. To most, a cam swap is just springs/push rods/cam . . .
That's pretty much all I wanted. Plus the trunions.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

G Force Motorsports all the way.. Good prices and quality work
Old 12-14-2013, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
If your not letting bad chad do it.. your getting screwed.. no two ways about it..
This just about sums it up.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you weren't so far away I would do it for you. I've been bored and looking to get busy doing some good old side work
Old 12-17-2013, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Trans Am Dan at LMR has done more GTO cam installs in his years then anyone in the country
Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

I dought Dan has done more GTO's than anyone in the country LOL! Just say he's done a ton. I've done my share of Cam installs, but only a handfull of GTO's. I have slowed down all the side work I used to do just because of getting to busy with bigger builds. Although I'm clear for a little while before I tear down my own car for more upgrades. This is the a weird thread. Like advertising for the cheapest person that does side work LOL! Continue on.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I dought Dan has done more GTO's than anyone in the country LOL! Just say he's done a ton. I've done my share of Cam installs, but only a handfull of GTO's. I have slowed down all the side work I used to do just because of getting to busy with bigger builds. Although I'm clear for a little while before I tear down my own car for more upgrades. This is the a weird thread. Like advertising for the cheapest person that does side work LOL! Continue on.
Kind of like sending pm's of cheap trans builders too huh lol
Old 12-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

I'll do the install. I've never done one before so I will be cheap and I need the experience for when I get around to installing one in my car. Does Autozone rent all the tools needed to do a cam swap?

I'm so worried about installing it upside down! Any videos around demonstrating how to tell if it's upside down or not? Sometimes they are shipped like that and once I heard one was ground upside down. IDIOTS!!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:48 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by edub80
Kind of like sending pm's of cheap trans builders too huh lol
LOL! PPl ask and I try to help LOL!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
I'll do the install. I've never done one before so I will be cheap and I need the experience for when I get around to installing one in my car. Does Autozone rent all the tools needed to do a cam swap?

I'm so worried about installing it upside down! Any videos around demonstrating how to tell if it's upside down or not? Sometimes they are shipped like that and once I heard one was ground upside down. IDIOTS!!
Damn, did you get burned? Just because someone is cheaper doesn't mean they are not qualified. Do your homework. Where do you thing these shops started out? Most of the guys that are scandalous will get plenty of reviews on here. Good luck op.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by codyvette
Damn, did you get burned? Just because someone is cheaper doesn't mean they are not qualified. Do your homework. Where do you thing these shops started out? Most of the guys that are scandalous will get plenty of reviews on here. Good luck op.
My story was totally fictional.. Just attempting to lighten up the thread.. heh
Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

LOL! PPl ask and I try to help LOL!
What's bad is somebody would take there **** to a place like u mentioned lol or attempt too lol
Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
My story was totally fictional.. Just attempting to lighten up the thread.. heh
It's hard to tell around here. I feel stupid now, but at least I got to giggle a little.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by edub80
What's bad is somebody would take there **** to a place like u mentioned lol or attempt too lol
Yeah or they are always free to try some other place they see fit. Nobody has to use anyone that is recommended. But hey I've had great luck with John and so have a lot of others. If you had a bad experience sorry not my fault. But he's always stood behind everything for me. If you didn't use him and are judging him by his shop I warn most ppl that it doesn't look pretty lol! Aurthur's 80 has been holding for a couple of years and multiple track outings. Don't know what to tell you other than GL with someone else.

Last edited by Inspector12; 12-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Always heard good things about Bad Chad... G-Force has done work for me in the past and the did a good job. Until this year I've been away from LS based cars so I don't know if anything has changed over there.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

This is the a weird thread. Like advertising for the cheapest person that does side work LOL! Continue on.
There is always that guy on here who does the cam & spring installs for 120$ .. Chingon is his name on here. Hear he does a great job!!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:19 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
There is always that guy on here who does the cam & spring installs for 120$ .. Chingon is his name on here. Hear he does a great job!!
Yeah I remember him lol! Funny stuff said he would come do it at your work etc...
Old 12-19-2013, 03:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man just grab your wrenches and do it yourself, it aint nothing but a few 10mm some 15mm and a few random 8mm........and a 24mm. should take you no more than a week save the money and get it towed to get tuned done and done or you can ship your PCM to get tuned to the specs of the parts and by the time you get it back you'll be finished.

http://www.ls1howto.com/?article=2

I followed the instructions on that. If i can do mine in a parking lot with a mag light for a breaker bar, i think you should have no problem. You'll
also have the satisfactory of saying you built the motor to its current operating potential and not having to pay someone else to work on your car. but even on the bad side if you can do it and your motor is dissasembled well that's half the work and half the labor so you can save some cash there.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

^exackery.

When you get the cam you are going to want more. And when you get more you are still going to want more. So you might as well learn now to do the work yourself unless you just have a ton of money that you don't mind spending. And if that is the case, can we be friends? LOL

Quick Reply: Houston Area Cam Install Rates