need some advice regarding an AR build/purchase and what to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkeets
Anderson Arms, no but Anderson Manufacturing yes! I don't own one but a marine vet that I know know does overseas security and says his team uses nothing but Anderson Manufacturing ARs. AM has a special treatment that makes the weapon self lubricating and cleanable with water. It's some crazy stuff. I looked into one a while back but it was a little more than I wanted to spend at the time.

This is true........ Anderson Arms FTMFW !!!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkeets
Anderson Arms, no but Anderson Manufacturing yes! I don't own one but a marine vet that I know know does overseas security and says his team uses nothing but Anderson Manufacturing ARs. AM has a special treatment that makes the weapon self lubricating and cleanable with water. It's some crazy stuff. I looked into one a while back but it was a little more than I wanted to spend at the time.

Anderson Arms isn't the only people doing that. The coating is called Nickel Boron. It's more of a treatment than a coating, kinda sorta similar to Powder coating but with a ton of heat cycles so it soaks deep into the base alloy/metal. It provides a natural lubricity to the part or whole weapon. If it's just the guts I can take a very very good guess who made it since there's only 2 or 3 people/Companies that do this in the US.

Last edited by wilkes02SS; 12-11-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: need some advice regarding an AR build/purchase and what to avoid