Fatal wreck in Atascocita..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fatal wreck in Atascocita..

Looks like a C5Z was t-boned by a drunk driver. The driver of the C5Z Omar Jaramillo was killed. I was wondering if he was a member here? RIP Omar

New Story

news2

ABC link
Old 03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

someone posted this on the corvetteforum, c5 forced induction forum... sad to hear, I don't drink at all myself but the ones that are drunk always seem to be ok which really bugs me
Old 03-09-2014, 01:31 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

My mom knows the kid who was riding shotgun, the driver was his brother. In a brand new to him truck and his brother kept telling him to slow down but he didn't. Ran the reel light and you know the rest is history.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Omar has been in the scene for years and was a very nice guy. His mother was in the passenger seat and was in the ER last I was told by a few friends.

Rip Omar.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RIP

drunk drivers are retarded
Old 03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

should lose your license for good after your first DUI. Get caught driving again then you face significant jail time. disgusting, looks like the DUI driver had previous DUI(s).

almost as bad as that kid who got probation for killing what 4 people? all because he was a privileged kid who didnt know right from wrong.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

We lost one of the good guys last night. RIP Omar
Old 03-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Rip..
Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so sad.... rip
Old 03-10-2014, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sick_tight
should lose your license for good after your first DUI. Get caught driving again then you face significant jail time. disgusting, looks like the DUI driver had previous DUI(s).

almost as bad as that kid who got probation for killing what 4 people? all because he was a privileged kid who didnt know right from wrong.
Sucks this happens and happened but it's never gonna end, you can receive a dui even if you aren't on anything so I can't necessarily agree to the statement of losing your license. If you'd had anything pretty much over two beers within an hour your pretty much over the legal limit. I agree punishment should be harsher on a case by case basis and the level of intoxication should also be another factor. I guarantee 90% of people on the road have driven over the legal limit at one point or another without even knowing it.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Rip....
Old 03-10-2014, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Sucks this happens and happened but it's never gonna end, you can receive a dui even if you aren't on anything so I can't necessarily agree to the statement of losing your license. If you'd had anything pretty much over two beers within an hour your pretty much over the legal limit. I agree punishment should be harsher on a case by case basis and the level of intoxication should also be another factor. I guarantee 90% of people on the road have driven over the legal limit at one point or another without even knowing it.
i hear ya, always mitigating circumstances. just like how you cant prevent gun crime by banning them you couldnt ban DUI's. just a shame a lot of these scum bags refuse to call a cab.

definitely needs to be harsher punishments though.

RIP
Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

This is terrible and to think his mother had to see her baby parish next to her, then plan the funeral. Sucks big time and is 100% avoidable. I NEVER drink and drive plain and simple, i hope they freaking slam the book at him and he gets the harshest penalty allowable. This is senseless, rip omar
Old 03-11-2014, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
This is terrible and to think his mother had to see her baby parish next to her, then plan the funeral. Sucks big time and is 100% avoidable. I NEVER drink and drive plain and simple, i hope they freaking slam the book at him and he gets the harshest penalty allowable. This is senseless, rip omar
I agree, I don't know how I would handle it if I was to lose one of my boys in front of me. It’s very sad that we lost someone at such a young age…

Every day we see how drinking and driving kills but yet people are too stupid and continue to do it. It's not worth destroying yours or someone else’s life, take a damn cab or call someone!!!!

Omar’s family will be in our prayers…

Quick Reply: Fatal wreck in Atascocita..