It was a tough vacation out of the country after driving the car as all i could think about was getting back to work on it. After 8 days gone, i landed mid day Saturday and went right back into the garage to do some test fitting.
Headliner arrived while I was away so I had a friend put it in my garage and take it out of the box for some inspection. Looks good! (thanks MCB for rushing TMI to beat their 4-6 week lead time, and thanks TMI for making it happen!)
TMI One-piece in bedford grain vinyl.
As soon as I got home, I went to put it in, to see if it would clear the cage.
Tough with one person but I got it over the main hoop which was my primary concern! Has some minor interference in the back but I think with a second set of hands, it'll be no major issue to get it past.
Headliner came back out and thermal insulation and finishing the dynamat became the objective. Seats came back out and will remain out till carpet is installed.
While waiting on the carpet to "relax" i took to the front end. Getting the headlight buckets mounted proved more difficult than just bolting them in, as the intercoolers occupy some shared space. Minor modifications and they're in.
Since it shares some hardware I also installed the autorad coolant overflow. Moved slightly as the supplied bracket doesn't fit with the turbo kit. Using a mount from MightyMouse (catch can mount) I secured the overflow to it's new home.
I had some difficulty getting the lower fender extensions and the lower valence installed. Aftermarket valence and original extensions. Definitely was not fun, filing and cutting on a painted piece to make it line up correctly. Gotta love old cars and fit/finish!
(Sorry for the bad pic, too much backlight in the garage for a good front shot with the front panels installed.