Anyone know anything about grass? St Augustine grass is bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by playtoy
that is jonson grass. Very hard to get rid of because of the root system. What I did was to get some round up and pour it into some ziplock bags. Take the bags and put rhe ends of the Johnson grass in the ziplock bag in the roundup. Then I tie wrapped the bags to a wooden stake that I drove in the ground. Let it sit for a couple of days. It will kill the Johnson grass without killing everything else. If you try to re sod your yard it will grow back. The roots are very deep for a weed.
That's a good idea! The only thing is, my grass is already dead underneath lol Since I'm having a guy come and remove the grass/re-sod, I doused the weeds with weed killer. By mid next week, my lawn will look nice again!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
mow it down really short, and spread scotts bonus S weed+feed. also spread some spectracide triazicide insect killer to take care of bugs above and below the surface. water at night so the sun doesnt burn the grass, and the grass can have a chance to absorb the water over night. that's the method that seems to work best for me here in the south.

expect your lawn to REAQUIRE weekly mowing using this method. otherwise it will quickly look even more shitty than it already does.
Looked it up says not for bermuda, got a similar recommendation that's safe for bermuda?

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about grass? St Augustine grass is bad