Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408

As many of you know,there is a sticky in the for sale section for a fraud sale of a 408 motor in Conroe TX.I decided to start a post here in this section maybe to get a little help.This has been reported to the IFCC,Talked with the FBI,and filed a report with the Conroe Police Department.
I am not pleased with this situation as many of you would guess and prosecuting this guy just isn't enough for me. I want money back in my pocket or a 408 in my car. If anyone has any other info on these guys please let me know. Their names are Mike Traylor and Kevin Franks. They are both going against each other in this matter. One says he has received no money and the other says that he gave it to the other guy!! Who knows but anyway, any help would be appreciated. Jim
Old 07-12-2004, 04:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Man, that really sucks. Those two need to handle their crap, or you need to get a refund.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

that sucks. sorry for you broh.

hey i live just a couple of miles down the road from conroe, you need somethin taken care of
Old 07-12-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn morons. Sorry to hear about that.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Badass pool player

Having talked with Jim several times and knowing the facts behind this situation, I can tell you that he's a straight up guy who's getting royally screwed on this deal.

Anyone who has any information that can help Jim or can contact Mike or Kevin or has inroads with any local law enforcement that can help out, I'd strongly encourage you to get involved and shoot Jim an e-mail or PM.

This is just flat out wrong and I'm of the opinion that we need to do whatever we can to help make this right.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Fiery Features Director

I am doing my best to get in touch with Mike. I can't promise anything but I'll try... Jim, I think that is messed up what happened and I definately want to see this get fixed.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jim'sZ28
As many of you know,there is a sticky in the for sale section for a fraud sale of a 408 motor in Conroe TX.I decided to start a post here in this section maybe to get a little help.This has been reported to the IFCC,Talked with the FBI,and filed a report with the Conroe Police Department.
I am not pleased with this situation as many of you would guess and prosecuting this guy just isn't enough for me. I want money back in my pocket or a 408 in my car. If anyone has any other info on these guys please let me know. Their names are Mike Traylor and Kevin Franks. They are both going against each other in this matter. One says he has received no money and the other says that he gave it to the other guy!! Who knows but anyway, any help would be appreciated. Jim
LOL!!! Kevin Franks worked for me for a while and screwed me so bad it was rediculous!!! You might want to give his parole officer a call. Last time I checked parole officers did not like this kind of thing. He was put in jail for a Gun charge, cocaine charge, and I believe it was stolen corvette as well.

Good luck,
Old 07-12-2004, 06:13 PM

MIKE, DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND REFUND THIS MAN'S MONEY If it were me out of $6k. I would personally fly down and take 6k out of someone's ***!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Mike Traylor is known for doing this kind of thing.
Back in 01 he swapped a motor and supposedly did a rebuild on a friend's 99 Z28. The motor he put in took him 6 months to get arround to doing, and had a cracked block when it was brought to another shop for inspection.

I know that quick96 on htownracing.com has a phone number and nextel number for Mike.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Fiery Features Director

I just talked to a friend of Mike. Mike is standing by his story that he sent the money to Kevin. I am now working on finding the location of the motor (even if Kevin has it). If we can find it, then we'll just go get it.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
LOL!!! Kevin Franks worked for me for a while and screwed me so bad it was rediculous!!! You might want to give his parole officer a call. Last time I checked parole officers did not like this kind of thing. He was put in jail for a Gun charge, cocaine charge, and I believe it was stolen corvette as well.

Good luck,
I'd listen to what he's saying here. Does not sound like there is a chance in hell this guy is going to just make good on the deal. You are going to have to make it happen one way or another. Sorry to hear about the whole thing.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Damn that sucks big time.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Fiery Features Director

Here is the info that I got so far...

Mike says that he plans on shipping out your cam tomorrow. I know it isn't going to cover the cost, but it is a start. He is definate that Kevin has the motor. They say that Kevin has a shop on Holmes road, but he doesn't know the exact address. Anyone around Holmes road might want to go check it out. They say it is called 713 Motorsports. Also, I need the number that you have for Kevin because I might have found his home address. Just need a little confirmation.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Mustang Moderator

713 motorsports of houston, 12112 almeda rd A3 77045
Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Kevin Franks cell phone number is all I have: 281-830-****

I deleted the last four so that Kevin can relax a bit.

Hmm...parole officer huh? How can I find out who that is so I can give him a call.
Also, how can Mike send out my cam tomorrow when I just got off the phone with him and he told me that he;s trying to get the money together to buy it for me...he's giving a load of bull **** to everyone!! Man....I'm getting so pissed. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!! Keep it coming...it's greatly appreciated! Jim

Last edited by Jim'sZ28; 07-15-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

I really hope that Jim makes an example out of this guy. Too many times have I heard of someone being ripped off through internet sales. I also hope that the ones that have done it in the past or, are planning on doing it pay close attention. Not everyone is able or willing to sweep large sums of money under the rug and forget about it.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Fiery Features Director

Kevin Franks cell phone number is all I have: 281-830-2921

his email is wrkcar@aol.com

Hmm...parole officer huh? How can I find out who that is so I can give him a call.
Also, how can Mike send out my cam tomorrow when I just got off the phone with him and he told me that he;s trying to get the money together to buy it for me...he's giving a load of bull **** to everyone!! Man....I'm getting so pissed. Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!! Keep it coming...it's greatly appreciated! Jim
That isn't the phone number that I have. Let me keep looking and I might be able to link his address to a location off of Westheimer and Fountainview. His friends all say Hwy 6 and Westheimer, but they could be mistaken I'm sure. By other means, I have linked Kevin to a few other people in the area. I'm trying my best to track down a location but hopefully Kevin will get back online and start talking soon.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:59 AM

I would try Harris County Probation first to see if he is listed with an officer...

Kevin Franks cell phone number is all I have: 281-830-2921

his email is wrkcar@aol.com

Old 07-13-2004, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BADZ
I would try Harris County Probation first to see if he is listed with an officer...

HAHAH I hope this guy if he doesnt annie-up is going back to a ASSPOUNDING PRISON!!!! cause this is just wrong
Old 07-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Launching!

I was told that the motor is at Kevin's place of business which is 713 MotorSports of Houston. I also checked out his criminal backgroud. Yes, cocaine charge in 89 and possession of firearm in 2000. He was also charged in 1998 for tampering with identification numbers! Geez--what the hell did i walk into to?! And Mike has been charged with some sort of traffic violation and driving with a suspended license. Apparently he was just picked up for arson too. Jim