WTF happened to Rock101?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbz
Leave it to all the rednecks and white trash for al your racist comments. Not all Hispanics drive without insurance and I know alot of whites without insurance as well.

Yea, I'm Hispanic and yea I listened to 101, but don't blame us for the change in radio station formats. Be pissed off all you like but direct your anger to where it belongs...the radio station owners.

And for those that don't like what Texas is "turning into"...don't let the door hit you on the way out. By the way don't forget what Texas originally was.

It's funny how so many people claim that there isn't anymore racism in America, but as soon as things like this happen people's true "colors" finally come out.
Cry me a river.

This thread is about Rock101 and how ClearChannel sucks for pulling it... no one is blaming anyone BUT ClearChannel. Leave it to a minority to play the victim card.

I never said anything bad about Mexicans in this thread... muchless even mention the word Mexican. I used the politically correct "latino" which includes more then just Mexico. Thanks for reading the post fully.

I did mention that the "Latino" radio station might cater to illiegal immigrants driving around without insurance, I fail to see how that is wrong or makes me a "redneck" or "white trash". You have no reason to be offended by me saying that the new radio station might cater to illegal immigrants unless you are in fact an illegal immigrant driving around without insurance... in which case the feeling of hate is mutual.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Even though 101 played the SAME EXACT songs (ACDC, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Rush, etc) for years and years with very little new or different stuff.....it was still the station I always had playing in the garage. For them to dump it for a freaking latino channel........

warning: obsene vomit picture link

thanks Clear Channel
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AAron
just a correction it was 106.9 Zrock but yup they were awsome the Mighty Met on Sat nights
Yep, you got me on that one, I don't know how I forgot it, but I stand corrected

Clear Channel

Corporate Piracy
Old 11-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Teching In

Default taking action for Rock 101

Gentlemen,
I am just as out raged as all of you. I have been a listener of Rock 101 for 10 years now, I will be damned if I see it turned into another Latino station. I am posting this for one reason, to see that action is taken. I say that we all, loyal and nonloyal listeners pick a day this upcoming week to go down to the building that broadcasts 101 and protest. Doing this will help to launch the new 101 into the news spotlight. 101, 94.5, 99.1, 97.9 are all located at 2000 West Loop South, Suite 300
Houston, Texas 77027
all on the same floor for that matter. I am not going to stand by and watch this transformation of America into Mexico any more. So let us pick a day, soon, before it becomes old news, to go down and protest this bullshit.

Loyal ROCK 101.1 KLOL listener
Thomas
Old 11-14-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sign the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/KLOL/
Old 11-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Heres there email by the way:

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporate/Email.aspx
Old 11-14-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hawgs
Cry me a river.

This thread is about Rock101 and how ClearChannel sucks for pulling it... no one is blaming anyone BUT ClearChannel. Leave it to a minority to play the victim card.

I never said anything bad about Mexicans in this thread... muchless even mention the word Mexican. I used the politically correct "latino" which includes more then just Mexico. Thanks for reading the post fully.

I did mention that the "Latino" radio station might cater to illiegal immigrants driving around without insurance, I fail to see how that is wrong or makes me a "redneck" or "white trash". You have no reason to be offended by me saying that the new radio station might cater to illegal immigrants unless you are in fact an illegal immigrant driving around without insurance... in which case the feeling of hate is mutual.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

my...my..this is almost as bad as the post on the gossip page.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Munky1303
Gentlemen,
I am just as out raged as all of you. I have been a listener of Rock 101 for 10 years now, I will be damned if I see it turned into another Latino station. I am posting this for one reason, to see that action is taken. I say that we all, loyal and nonloyal listeners pick a day this upcoming week to go down to the building that broadcasts 101 and protest. Doing this will help to launch the new 101 into the news spotlight. 101, 94.5, 99.1, 97.9 are all located at 2000 West Loop South, Suite 300
Houston, Texas 77027
all on the same floor for that matter. I am not going to stand by and watch this transformation of America into Mexico any more. So let us pick a day, soon, before it becomes old news, to go down and protest this bullshit.

Loyal ROCK 101.1 KLOL listener
Thomas
Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Munky1303...

David Duke?? Is that you david???

101 KLOL changing the format to horrible "music" shouldn't be turned into a rock throwing contest against latinos. The change sucks but so does some of the comments seen in this thread. Diversity is what made this such a great place.... Don't forget that.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

LOL...man just look at the people we share something in common with. LOL
Old 11-14-2004, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

sad

Old 11-14-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bbz
Leave it to all the rednecks and white trash for al your racist comments. Not all Hispanics drive without insurance and I know alot of whites without insurance as well.

Yea, I'm Hispanic and yea I listened to 101, but don't blame us for the change in radio station formats. Be pissed off all you like but direct your anger to where it belongs...the radio station owners.

And for those that don't like what Texas is "turning into"...don't let the door hit you on the way out. By the way don't forget what Texas originally was.

It's funny how so many people claim that there isn't anymore racism in America, but as soon as things like this happen people's true "colors" finally come out.

Hey man, we won this land from you all fair and square. Wait it wasn't fair and square! Wasn't it like 2000 mexicans against 500 texans? And who won?
Old 11-14-2004, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

It's funny how somthing like this brings out peoples true colors. Who gives a **** who won what from who way back when. I was a big 101 klol fan, but all this racism? Damn mnc2886, your comments make you sound like a klansman. I hope you never run for public office... and win.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Teching In

I must agree with MNC2886. We won you lost end of story. Besides, it happened back there, it's over now, stop living in the past. This is not what we are suppost to be talking about here. This is about getting 101 back to our favorite Rock station. SO EVERYONE, SIGN THE PETITION! WRITE TO THE HEADS OF CLEAR CHANNEL!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Who is we?
Who is you?
I'm of mexican decent..
But born in Baytown, Texas
So did I win?
Or did I lose?

Write to Clear Channel so we can get a great radio station back on air...
Stop writing racist bullshit....
The End.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Red face

Racism in here..."damn latino's"....yup we changed the radio stations.....it was "we"....that was then KLOL rock 101....this is now LATINO station....hahahahaha

DEAL WITH IT
Old 11-15-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ML'Sz28
It's funny how somthing like this brings out peoples true colors. Who gives a **** who won what from who way back when. I was a big 101 klol fan, but all this racism? Damn mnc2886, your comments make you sound like a klansman. I hope you never run for public office... and win.
Him talking about everyone that is upset about it is white trash or redneck is just as racist as the comments I made. Oh, wait, it isn't racism, it is "reverse" racism. That's bullshit. Racism is racism. And btw, my best friend is Mexican. His mom came over here illegally. I'm glad she did too. The reason I made those comments is to say that it is bullshit to say get used to it, where taking over. As racist as it may seem, it is still bullshit that we are not as diverse as we think we are. We flow with the former "minorities." Hispanics are not minorities anymore, but we still change everything over to their customs rather than mixing it. The hispanic radio stations out number rap and rock stations 3 to 1. I'm not racist, just frustrated with the way society works. Kind of like the way people on this board get pulled over just because of the car they drive, not because they were doing anything wrong. Sorry if anyone was offended.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh Damit!... I had to reprogram my 101.1 button to 104.1
Old 11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black02TA
Oh Damit!... I had to reprogram my 101.1 button to 104.1
I'd rather listen to the crap they play on 101 now then 104