WTF happened to Rock101?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i lived in Houston, i ****** hated the radio there more than anything..all the CC stations were recycled bullshit with Mattress Mack flappin his mouth every two minutes. I must say that it is a shitty move to get rid of KLOL...that was the ONLY decent station left, even under their control. Houston is fucked now. It's nice living halfway between San Antonio and Austin and gettin the best radio in the state. I find it even funnier that 99.5 in San Antonio isn't owned by SA-based Clear Channel. They play old-school Tool, Rage, Manson, Korn, Deftones, A Perfect Circle, and so on like nobody's business....something you would NEVER see in Houston or any CC station.
I loooved Stevens n Pruett and i stopped listening to radio overall when CC booted them over their standard sexist, foul morning routine. I wouldn't count on this being over with yet....there's TONS of KLOL loyalists that are gonna come down on Clear Channel. Hell...i'd be afraid of just the Dogs on Hogs crowd
Old 11-15-2004, 03:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Radio blows now a days. I heard people talk about clear channel but untill they canned 101 it never occured to me. It relates to this story about the *****.

One day they came for the green rabbits, but I said nothing because I was a brown rabbit
The next day they came for the spotted rabbits but I said nothing because I was a brown rabbit
The next day they came for the black rabbits but I said nothing because I was a brown rabbit
The next day they came for the white rabbits but I said nothing because I was a brown rabbit
Then they came for the brown rabbits and no one was left to say any thing.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:33 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Thay said they changed it because of the way the population has changed into a lot of hispanic people
Old 11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Whistlin00
Thay said they changed it because of the way the population has changed into a lot of hispanic people
If this is true... all you people who got your panties in a wad over this thread being racist towards Mexicans need to seriously file suit against ClearChannel for this. You all should be OUTRAGED! ClearChannel is totally being racist if this is their only purpose for changing the station... they are singling out a race of people! Oh wait... its reverse racism which doesn't count.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
If this is true... all you people who got your panties in a wad over this thread being racist towards Mexicans need to seriously file suit against ClearChannel for this. You all should be OUTRAGED! ClearChannel is totally being racist if this is their only purpose for changing the station... they are singling out a race of people! Oh wait... its reverse racism which doesn't count.
Not trying to get dramtic on you but dude seriously hang it up, voice your opinion to clear channel and tell them how you really feel. Nobody is playing a minority card. It is just funny to see every non-hispanic person thinking that the hispanic people are rushing over to listen to this new station. You might not know this but there is alot of hispanic people pretty upset about this whole deal. Myself included as I already said it once in this thread. Although I was born and raised here in Houston by Mexican parents who are now American Citizens I am still considered a hispanic and fall withen their target audience 18-35 hispanic male . If the big wigs at CC listen to someone it is going to be their targeted crowd. I've sent my complaints in both English and Spanish.

Gilbert
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

I talked to my father the other day...he went to best buy to purchace an XM system for his truck...the salesman told him that HE ALONE had sold over 35 units THAT DAY....all of them WERE 101 listeners.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
I talked to my father the other day...he went to best buy to purchace an XM system for his truck...the salesman told him that HE ALONE had sold over 35 units THAT DAY....all of them WERE 101 listeners.
Damn skippy!!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Man that **** playing on the old KLOL is straight CACA!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:42 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ML'Sz28
Man that **** playing on the old KLOL is straight CACA!

I finally heard the new station yesterday and I have to say I agree
Old 11-17-2004, 11:43 AM
14 Second Truck Club

They had a little segment on FOX 26 talking about it the week it changed
Old 11-17-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

??
Funny things is , I think you actually feel like you have a point.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lightbulb o

Let me start first of all, 1st.........Im Mexican ,and 2nd i dont like the new station,all they play is "Regeton"that is what the music is called,it sucks,and 3rd its not a "New Mexican station" its a "NEw Puertorican Station" OK ,so if any of you have a problem with this Puertorican station, take it up with Puertorican People What all of some morons her should do is be more specific............ Thats like me saying "I hate this new Honky station", when it really is Classical Music! By the was i do like the same music all of you like,so dont think that im just mad, I just dont like it whey people make Mexican appear as they are taking over this city and making it less than what it is. Lets just all have a Corona beer over this and be Happy
Old 11-19-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

Part of the problem with the written word is that it is sometimes hard to interpret the intensions of the one who wrote it. With the relatively short postings, it's not like trying to use context to figure out one's intensions, helps very much. That said...

Some of you are to damn sensitive!!!

You're like a ticking time bomb waiting for an excuse to blow-up. I’m not defending anyone, but NO amount of crying or bitching is going to change anyone’s mind even if they are racist.

just my .02 cents.....life is WAY too ******* short to get all pissy about someone's trivial comments...why not get back on subject---> death of KLOL

Old 11-19-2004, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

Hawgs is there any update or are we up **** creek w/o a paddle?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

This is exactly why nothing ever gets done in America, the "masses" can't and wont ever come to an amicably agreeable cause and fight for it, instead, the "masses" get divided up into little groups with like interest, but too little to be heard. So basically, either organize and try and change this Radio Station thing, or shut the **** up, and buy XM Radio. Just my .02, Oh and if you don't like it here, MOVE
Old 11-20-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

ticking time bomb (regorih) you know what they say....

Old 11-20-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

if your not down with mega LATINO 101 kiss my hairy *** jokeing. i hate that station i miss rock 101
Old 11-22-2004, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

I would find it funny if people who didn't like the switch continued listening to clear channel instead of satalite, and just refused to buy any of the products advertised. Seems like a boycott of the compainies that line clear channel's pockets might be more effective than just complaining about it.

Matthew