Trailer stolen and retreaved in Houston west side.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Trailer stolen and retreaved in Houston west side.

just letting everyone know to make sure your racecar trailers are in a secure spot. last week mine got stolen out side my apartment off westhimer outside the beltway (not a secure spot) . the next morning i reported it stolen knowing that i will probably never see it again. i had all four wheels locked together and a lock on the hitch. all were cut and trailer was gone. luckaly the dumb asses did not remove the licence plates and got caught a week later useing it to trasport a stolen car to an unknown location. while the cops recovered the car they also notice the trailer was also stolen. at the same time they also recovered one more stolen trailer and a couple of other stolen cars ready to be trasported from this guys residence in the south side. according to the police, stolen trailers have gone up resently for this same reason. its just too easy to change the plates and vins on them. thanks to a stupid theif, i got mine back in perfect condition a week and 200 dollars in impound fees later. also since they caught the guy, i am able to press charges on him. although i still lost $200 i am very glad i got it back. the policeman told be that almost nobody will see a trailer again once stolen.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

It's cool that you got your trailer back, but it sucks they made you pay to get it back.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah people these days seem to steal whatever they can get there hands on. glad to hear you got everything back in good condition but like said above that sux you had to pay. now its time to make a dumbass pay for his mistakes file the charges! hey look at it this way people like them make for a good tv show called america's dumest criminals .
Old 12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

that is awesome to hear, not very many people are that lucky, and just think of the owners to those cars they were stealing too. It's always nice to hear good news like this when all we hear is bad stuff lately.

Thanks for posting this
Old 12-05-2004, 08:59 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge trailer stolen in Houston a couple weeks ago: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/242434-rsi-3-car-hauler-renegade-truck-stolen.html
Hope that is recovered too!

Last edited by ACW; 01-06-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

i hate ****** thieves......if i ever caught someone slealing anything of mine, by anything i mean even a pubic hair out of my shower, i would kill them....Theres nothing worse than people taking something that YOUR hard earned money paid for....

Glad you got it back...
Old 12-05-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ACW
Huge trailer stolen in Houston a couple weeks ago: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242434
Hope that is recovered too!
holly crap that is just down the street from me. hope this guy gets his back. mine is only worth $1500, that one this guy has has got to be close to if not over 10k. hopefully this guy will pay my $200 plus rental fees for the week he had it. i did file charges so we will see. all i know is that it is not getting stolen again. now it is in a locked up garage.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by taqwache
holly crap that is just down the street from me. hope this guy gets his back. mine is only worth $1500, that one this guy has has got to be close to if not over 10k.
Wow, this thread reminded me of the other but I had thought surely they happened on opposite sides of town or something... that is a fair bit of a coincidence for it to happen just two weeks and a few blocks apart, in such a large city.

I hope you get your money back-- and maybe something extra for the mental anguish...?
Old 12-05-2004, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

If i remember correctly it was WELL PAST 10K..... Glad ya got it back. Now that they have that guy they can question him and find out who is behind all of this ****.... It's too much of a coincidence for it not to be organized.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

what kind of hitch lock did you have on the trailer? Was it one that went into the ball joint and locked in place, or did you just have a padlock on it?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use this style lock

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/me...tegory_Code=CL

Can't get a set of bolt cutters on it to cut it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn Steve! Ya got lucky. I wish I woulda' found out who the person/persons who jacked up my car.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Can't get a set of bolt cutters on it to cut it.

...no but a decent heal-bar w/cheater-pipe (Ive seen alot of locks come off like that) or a torch would make quick work of it... Locks keep honest people, honest......it's sad, but if they want it, They'll get it.

They sould knee-cap him to pump him for all the info that he has, then shoot him in the head ...just my opinion.

Again...glad that you got your stuff back, although I dont see why YOU had to pay $200 to get back something that was STOLEN from you. Maybe that standard practice, Ive never personally been been through anything like that. *he says as he knocks on wood*
Old 12-06-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn Steve that sucks.............. Im glad you got it back, but that sucks they made you pay $200 to get your own trailor back........
Kyle
Old 12-06-2004, 10:20 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Steve you need an alarm for that trailer and I'll sell you an AR15 for back up.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
Locks keep honest people, honest......it's sad, but if they want it, They'll get it.
Very true ... nothing is 100% safe ... make it as difficult as possible ...
Old 12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
That's what she said...

need to come out with trailer monkeys to go along with the trunk monkeys. cept they need to be like 500lb silverbacks in mating season

one of my uncle's sprint car buddies got his entire truck/trailer stolen. it was a HUGE 18wheeler w/ the biggest trailer you can have without having to get a permit everywhere you go. there were like 3 sprints in it about a bunch of motors and 4 wheelers in the trailer along with all his tools and stuff. they tracked the guys who stole it down (which were some people they knew) and showed up at their houses with shotguns, beat the crap out of them, drove to oklahoma and dropped 'em off. then told the cops thanks for the help but they got the stuff back on their own

definatly dont want to cross a hardcore dirttrack racer
Old 12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The cost of our RSI Truck and Trailer is well over $250,000 plus the equipment and tools that were inside. The police said it is long gone and that more than 20 race trailers were stolen in the last 4 weeks. More than 15 were broken in to and attempted being stolen but were unsuccessful for whatever reason. What a bummer so close to the holidays.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

I know that nothing is invincible, but I have one of these on my trailer:

Trailer Keeper Lock as well as a tongue lock that completely encloses the tongue. I also lock the safety chains back and the tongue latch (yes, 4 locks). It's not impossible to steal, but the pain in the *** factor on my trailer would be pretty high.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
That's what she said...

just paint "bubba's automatic weapons galore incorporated" on the side and be done with it

i agree with the pain in the *** factor, people will probably unlock one thing, try to steal, then get nervous and leave when they realize there is more obstacles. my neighbor across the street had a trailer stolen the other day w/ a new lawnmower on it. things like that are few and far between in the town i live in but it makes you think when it happens across the street.