College Station Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default College Station Car Show

First off, my name is Taylor. I am in the Kappa Sigma Fraternity at Texas A&M. We plan on having a large car show for the Bryan/College Station area sometime in February or March or whenever the weather warms up a bit.

It is still in the early planning stages, but we planning on a $15-$20 registration/entry fee. Any types of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and anything in between are welcome. Money would go towards t-shirts for all that register, trophies, plaques, and/or cash prizes for each class, most likely 10-15+ classes, w/ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd awarded for each class. Judges will most likely be one or two people from each corporate sponsor at the event.

Concessions will be avaliable and of course you can bring whatever beverages or food you want to make this an all day event. I was even comtemplating renting out Navasota Raceway w/ part of the registration fees so every participant can cruise down afterwards and race all they want. As I stated earlier, this is still in the beginning stages, so little of this is set in stone.

I am posting this early to see how many of ya'll would want to participate in this car show. I know there are quite a few people on this board that go to Texas A&M and/or live in College Station. Let your friends know and see if they are interested. I am open to any ideas about how ya'll feel about such an event. Just chime in with your $.02. Thanks.

Taylor
Old 12-06-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am interested. Sounds like it could be fun. I really like the track idea.

Aaron
Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Resident

I'd love to do it... let us know the details when they come! I probably won't win a thing, but I'm sure it will be fun.
Thanks and Gig'em
-Kurt '08
Old 12-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Ginger Hater

Taylor,

sounds like a plan, if you need any help, shoot me a pm, i've helped put on a couple shows.

-jon