who likes brake checking?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
If I'm going slower and I know it then Ill let the person pass but if Im already in a middle or slow lane then they can pass when ever they like I'm not getting in their way. I just hate it when someone tail gates for no reason when there are open lanes all around. If I'm not going fast then I say out of the fast lane.
that's exactly why I do it, because I follow the above
Old 12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Usually i just move out of the way, but if im driving/riding with someone with a bagged truck, usually just drop it down on the drag blocks and throw sparks all over em
Old 12-13-2004, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I get out of the way if someone is coming up behind me at an obviousely higher rate of speed, that is simple common sense. However there is never a good reason to ever tailgate anyone though and if I flash my reds at someone, they had best back the **** off. Tailgating is aggressive driving and a very easy way for someone to have reason to get very, very serious in a way that most people would not want to experience. I know of one guy who carries a small baseball bat in his car and will not hesitate to follow someone and mod their ride for them over tailgating him. Just not worth it in my opinion.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

The signs say "Slower Traffic Keep Right". Dont brake check, just move over and let them pass. What if they had an emergency and were trying to get to the hospital?

And people wonder why road rage is so rampant.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brains
If you're in the left lane and someone comes up behind you and is riding your ***, its because YOU are the moron blocking others... Get off the freeway, find the nearest car dealer, hand them your keys and tell them you're not qualified to pilot an automobile.

Simple courtesy goes a long way on the road. Sounds like some of you need to learn that. If you ever see a black GTO or a black Formula in your rear view, you might want to move over. It'd be in your best interests.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CySevans
The signs say "Slower Traffic Keep Right". Dont brake check, just move over and let them pass. What if they had an emergency and were trying to get to the hospital?

And people wonder why road rage is so rampant.
I totally agree.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

I brake check ******** that ride my tail when there are open lanes and I'm not in the far left lane(or NO open lanes, and no way for me to speed up), every time. I'll continue to do so, as long as people choose to ride my *** unwarrantedly.

I also stay aware of the cars around me, and when I'm the impeding factor in traffic flow I move aside. I am not that guy either. I strongly believe in driver courtesy, but as in every facet of life, you act like an ******* and you get treated like an *******.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I brake check ******** that ride my tail when there are open lanes and I'm not in the far left lane(or NO open lanes, and no way for me to speed up), every time. I'll continue to do so, as long as people choose to ride my *** unwarrantedly.

I also stay aware of the cars around me, and when I'm the impeding factor in traffic flow I move aside. I am not that guy either. I strongly believe in driver courtesy, but as in every facet of life, you act like an ******* and you get treated like an *******.

Exactly what i do
Old 12-14-2004, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Someone like that is already aggressive. With the concealed hand gun laws, I just pray you don't become another road rage statistic. At the very least, you could get run off the road into a light pole if you brake check the wrong guy.

Good luck.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

this is exactly the point I was trying to get across but some people just arent getting it
Old 12-14-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say let the faster fools go around. I always say to myself "Fetch em" As in go find Johnny Law for me. I am an offensive yet curteous driver
Old 12-14-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
this is exactly the point I was trying to get across but some people just arent getting it
It's not a matter of "getting it" or not. It's a matter of whether or not you want to risk getting hurt by pissing off the wrong person. Some people just don't get THAT for whatever reason. When you brake check someone, YOU become the aggressor and invite retaliation. Is it really worth it?

Incidentaly, I speak from experience. I brake checked someone who ended up slamming into the back of my truck, and it was an insurance nightmare after that. It is simply is not worth it.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no reason to tailgate, PERIOD. If someone in front of you will not get out of the way, just go around. If you are driving slow in the fast lane, then you deserve to be tailgated, honked at and flipped off.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh boy, wait till you get to Houston.. You're in for a BIG surprise... People down here are intentionally rude and discourteous drivers..
Old 12-14-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

brake checking is a good way to get shot! you will learn with age that it simply isn't worth the risk. get out of the way.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Fiery Features Director

Yep, that is where my road rage comes from. I hate this city! Stupid people don't know how to drive. I have tried to calm down a bit since my last incident in which the cops were called... but I still have a hard time dealing with all the inconsiderate dumbasses. It is amazing how much Houston differs from other states when it comes to driving. No such thing as "southern hospitality" down here.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

I've talked to some HPD about brake checking, they don't give you tickets. They send your *** right to jail.

That said I get so pissed off when I get on the freeway doing 75 and theres one guy in the fast lane doing 50, when you stick behind him using the two second rule they'll never speed up. Get 15 feet off his *** and magically they'll speed up and get out of the way, use the brights and they usually don't do anything.

Some people you just can't please, one time I was in the morning rush with all lanes packed. Nowhere to go and some guy wanted me to get out of the way, long story short I got over to work my way to the exit and the guy gained a whole 15 feet to end up next to me. Just as I moved to the far right lane he pulled his hand up like a gun and turned it sideways like he wanted to shoot me. Times like that I'm fortunate not to have a concealed carry license, I'd be tempted to do something really stupid.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Best thing to do: get out of their way and get their license number and call 911 on the cell phone, report an aggressive driver putting other at risk, driving like madman, running over dogs and old ladies or whatever and give them a full description, direction, location, plate number and all. Let the boys from the donut shop handle those ********.....
Old 12-14-2004, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Brains
Oh boy, wait till you get to Houston.. You're in for a BIG surprise... People down here are intentionally rude and discourteous drivers..
That's what I've heard.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I work by CVG(the Greater Cincinnati Airport) and have about a 12 minute freeway drive everyday. Almost every single day without fail there will be someone in the fastlane going around 60 or so. I "flash to pass" at least twice per day. Sometimes they get it, sometimes I have to go in the middle lane to pass. I wouldn't brake check someone for the simple reason that if they are having a bad day I might get hit, and knowing my luck, I'd hit a guard rail or something and total my car, and probably end up injured. I can take 5-10 seconds to find a better way around rather than risk life and limb. Pissing people off intentionally has it's proper time and place, and going 60+mph in a nearly two ton vehicle is not that place or time.