who likes brake checking?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who likes brake checking?!

Who likes brake checking ******** that ride you then just as they get close, mash the gas and take off? I think it's funny to do but the other day a guy followed me, after I did this, into the parking lot of On The Border and I circled the parking lot 4 times before he got tired of going in circles and then took off
Old 12-13-2004, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

your f crasy daniel
Old 12-13-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I usually don't brake check them, but I've been known to block them in behind me and another slow driver for M I L E S.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I usually don't brake check them, but I've been known to block them in behind me and another slow driver for M I L E S.
Ditto when people ride my ***, I just SLOW down. I have done 40 on the freeway blocking people in for riding me. Some people are just jerk offs.

Brandon
Old 12-13-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I do.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here's a clue -- get out of their way and let them go fast !!!
Old 12-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Brains
I share the same view, unless the guy is a total idiot
Old 12-13-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I only do it when people are being dicks...
Old 12-13-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't do it. I like to slow down and drive slow till they get tired
Old 12-13-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brains
the thing is even when in say a 45 I'm doin 50 at the least and on the highway I'm always doin 75 unless in traffic so there's really no reason to tailgate

I recently heard about a friend of mine was being tail gated and he was getting aggrivated about the tail gater but when he looked closer into his rear view he say a sticker on a huge metal bumper that said "f*** it I'm insured"
Old 12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

All of the above sound good. There is no point in messing up our cool hard earned ride on an ******* in a POS. I think it is more fun to let'em stay stuck behind you and stew then if they do something stupid it is their *** on the line and not yours. You'll just get more ins money for mods then.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is stupid to stay in there way if they want to go faster you should let them! Why make people get mad at you as I think you are the one being a dick by doing that. If they get on your *** it is there way of letting you know that they want to go faster. What are they supposed to do Honk? If I see some one coming up on me Iwill move over and let them go it no big deal, some days I am in a hurry and people just stay in the fast lane and never move it does make me mad that they are so unaware of what is going on. Have a good Christmas.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you're in the left lane and someone comes up behind you and is riding your ***, its because YOU are the moron blocking others... Get off the freeway, find the nearest car dealer, hand them your keys and tell them you're not qualified to pilot an automobile.

Simple courtesy goes a long way on the road. Sounds like some of you need to learn that. If you ever see a black GTO or a black Formula in your rear view, you might want to move over. It'd be in your best interests.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

i usually let them pass but there are also those kids who think there funny to **** with you and just stay on your *** then thats when i throw up the e-brake
Old 12-13-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like you guys may be blowing my statements out of proportion. I am very conscious of all cars around me. If someone is actually driving faster than me for a change, I see them coming way before they get to me and I make every effort to stay out of their way while still maintaining my chosen rate of speed. I am never the moron that blocks traffic for no reason.

Nothing pisses me off more than when people aren't paying attention to the cars around them, and they pull ******** moves. For instance, I might be running 70 in a 55 with no cars behind me. It never fails that some dick will wait until I am almost on him before pulling out right in front of me in the left lane. All he has to do is wait another second or two and he can pull in behind me after I go by. In most cases, they don't even have to hit the brakes to do so. I don't do stupid **** like this just for the fun of blocking somebody in behind me. I'm not that guy.

However in the rare event that there is a true ******* on the road, I sometimes go out of my way to **** with them. I have even gone as far as to block a person down to 15mph on a four lane divided highway by nailing it, getting in front of them, then slowing down again. I'm sure everybody here has seen these types of ******** on the road at one time or another. I will admit that I haven't done it in my current car, which is mostly a function of growing older and being a little more mature.

Is it right? Probably not. Am I dick for doing this? Absolutely. Did I teach anybody any lessons? Hell no, I've seen people driving the same way after messing with them. Would I do it again? You betcha.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I'm going slower and I know it then Ill let the person pass but if Im already in a middle or slow lane then they can pass when ever they like I'm not getting in their way. I just hate it when someone tail gates for no reason when there are open lanes all around. If I'm not going fast then I say out of the fast lane.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

If I see someone being an *******, cutting people off, I may box them in but other than that Ill just move out of the way or speed up and switch lanes. Sometimes Im late for work and I drive faster than others and I get mad when people block all the lanes in the road and wont move.
Another thing that makes me mad is people driving on the far left lane who are doing the speed limit and wont move over if you come up behind them. I get that a lot on beltway 8 and 59. People need to learn that the left lane should be a passing lane and stay out of it unless your going fater than everybody around.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Nothing pisses me off more than when people aren't paying attention to the cars around them, and they pull ******** moves. For instance, I might be running 70 in a 55 with no cars behind me. It never fails that some dick will wait until I am almost on him before pulling out right in front of me in the left lane. All he has to do is wait another second or two and he can pull in behind me after I go by. In most cases, they don't even have to hit the brakes to do so.
for a while my car would backfire when i would go wot...and one day it didnt do it when i left to goto the mall, so when i left the mall i got on the interstate and hopped in the hov lane, which was completely empty...and nailed it. i banged through 2nd 3rd 4th and just put it into 5th when some ******** decided to pull out in front of me. i mean, theres no way he couldnt hear me coming, im sure of that. and even if he didnt hear me, if he wouldve looked in his mirror he wouldve saw me. needless to say i had to go on the shoulder so i didnt hit him. and yes i know i was speeding, but he was completely unaware...didnt even use a blinker. was i wrong? sorta. was he wrong? definatley in my book. did i throw my mcdonalds cup at him? hell yea.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

yeah, people who dont use their signals make me mad. Especially if youre in the left lane going to the middle, and theres a car just ahead of you in the right. so you go to switch and halfway there the car in the right lane starts to turn into you with out any signal or anything. They obviously werent paying atention to cars around them. I always watch the car 2 lanes over every time I switch a lane and this happens fairly often.

Anyone who likes to drive "above" others, by speeding, switching lanes, or whatever, better be prepared to deal with these other "idiot" drivers
Im not saying you shouldnt because I drive like that too.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

i had some woman riding my *** not too long ago, i was on eldridge already going 10mph over, and even if she was able to pass me, there was another car going the same speed right in front of me, so there was nowhere for her to go. but she just kept riding my *** like crazy. We would pull up to a stop light, and shed creep way up on my ***, so i throw her a warning rev, and pull up some. Then we leave from the light and she still riding my ***. So as were cruising once again, i hit the brakes hard enough to scare her.....and all i hear are her tires squealing lol. She stayed off my *** after that.