South Houston warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't be alarmed they have had these things gor like 4 years now. you guys are just now seeing them. I got busted about 3 years ago with my mustang and an off road. they send you a thing from tdps about getting your car tested if it passes you send the slip back to them. If it dosent than you make it pass.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hwy. 290 at Fairbanks North Houston (Going outbound) today...
Old 07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, I hadn't heard of these vans before either! Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to coast by just in case... but sure makes me glad I decided to retain all my emissions equipment when I built my 30th Ann. TA up. In fact, it was pretty neat the last time that I had my car inspected I drove straight from the dyno to the inspection sight and passed with no issues! I have the same place do my inspections each year on all our vehicles and this was the first time they had seen the car since the LT's, full exhaust, and cam. They are an 'old school' shop and really got a kick out the fact that you could have a modern car lope and sound like mine and still have it idle, run and pass inspection with no issues.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fear
don't be alarmed they have had these things gor like 4 years now. you guys are just now seeing them. I got busted about 3 years ago with my mustang and an off road. they send you a thing from tdps about getting your car tested if it passes you send the slip back to them. If it dosent than you make it pass.
hmm, I wonder how thats gonna work for older cars. Polluting like crazy, but they're emissions exempt. What ever can they do