Tea Works TONIGHT??? Weather should be dry

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 01:36 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'll be the first to respond by saying this. The first two races one from a dig and the other from a roll I was out in front I don't want to say by how much as I couldn't give an accurate account due to driving I know I could see his head lights in my side mirrors. The third race from a 1'st gear roll we left I spun and missed 3'rd or well didn't really miss it it just woulldn't go in etc... although even if it had he was out there to far for me to make up the distance. The fourth race again from a dig John was inching forward pretty much aleast half a car and then when we left he was about half a car ahead this time I was starting to pull him but a car was in front and we got out. I was making the desiels jealous with all the smoke I was making had the dip stick blow out and put oil all over the headers etc... Thought I had busted another ring gland but I think Josh (Goldrust) is right I think it is fine. Ran fine on the way home and didn't seem to be down on power. I am going to do a compression check to double check it etc... all in all a bunch of good racing. John and my car are a very good match he's lighter and I think I am making more useable power so very good races.The first race went three wide with a 03 cobra, but he didn't keep up with ULUZ or me, but very nice run Blain,and Brandon in the red z was a good run I was pulling him, but not a bad race either.That is the most racing in one night I have had in a long long time. Had a great time talking with everyone. Thanks Josh (Goldrust)for the quick fix on the dipstick. Will be back again I stopped off at the car wash to get rid of all the oil before I got home so she's clean again LOL.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I missed a good race!!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Damn I missed a good race!!!!
Yes you did, that has to be one of the best races I have ever seen on the street. Never saw a car spin ET streets from a roll before, lol. Rafs car was slow and couldnt keep up so I kinda wished I woulda took mine to get somewhat of a better view. Damn I need more mods.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 AM
On The Tree

yea it was pretty much a wash for me due to the fact I was on RADIALS . these ls1 guys like to go from a slow roll . anyway it was a little different story from about a 60 roll. Good runs and sorry I will not be out next week.
all in fun and that was the most racing I have seen and done in a while.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 AM
10-Second Club

Damn, wish I could have stayed out later, but I gotta go make more money for mods, lol.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:25 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yeah I saw you were on DR so I knew you at a disadvantage from the get go on the first run. I don't remember seeing you in the other three runs John and I had so I can't say how you did I was just comenting on the first one where I knew for sure you were running with us so don't take offence not trying to say anything about you or your car and I know traction is king so you don't have to say a word about the lack of traction you didn't have any.
Never saw a car spin ET streets from a roll before
Yeah they help alotcompared to the F1 I have on my ZO6 wheels ,but they will still spin especially on the cold nights like this one was. The first two races they hooked pretty well the second two they weren't holding nearly like they should John seemed to be hooking better on his DR than I did after the first two races. I thought by the last time we ran I thought for sure they would have been warm enough but they spun again. Just what you have to deal with on the street. It was fun I thought someone was going to film it but I don't know if they did or not?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Junkie

It was cool to see so many cars out last night. John your car is nasty from a roll. Joe good to see ya car still looking good.
We need to have a meet a little closer to are side of town.

Brandon
Old 02-10-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVTFreak
yea it was pretty much a wash for me due to the fact I was on RADIALS . these ls1 guys like to go from a slow roll . anyway it was a little different story from about a 60 roll. Good runs and sorry I will not be out next week.
all in fun and that was the most racing I have seen and done in a while.
cool that means you really weren't spinning when we raced from a 60 roll that time on the beltway i didn't think you were.......
Old 02-10-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i had fun last night, lots of good races
Strini- we will have to swap weeks, one week way up there then the next way down there......
Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
8 Sec Tuner

So John how about that race w/ Nicks G-FORCE turbo Mustang
Old 02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

I herd Nick put about 1.5 on John but I didn't see it so some one else will have to answer for sure.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Strini SS
It was cool to see so many cars out last night. John your car is nasty from a roll. Joe good to see ya car still looking good.
We need to have a meet a little closer to are side of town.

Brandon
I second that, im kicking my self in the *** for not being able to make it out there! really wanted to go but had other **** to do, plus college suxs ***!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NiceTry
cool that means you really weren't spinning when we raced from a 60 roll that time on the beltway i didn't think you were.......
yea i still spun from 60 but had enough power to still roll with them. I was spinning the whole time i raced you but, that will not happen again. you wanna go again or think that you had me im open for you to try again. And I hope the above statement is your way of being sarcastic I would hate to think that your calling me a liar.

and Jeff I was not on drag radials last night they were regular nitto 555 radials.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

Sweet races guys! Like stangkiller said, my car was slow compared to those nearly 600hp. cars. As for setting up a meet on a more northern location... where could that be? Cops are pretty strict on the northside so we'll have to do a little research.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

damnit i was stuck inside studying for a cal test...hope to be out next week
Old 02-10-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Sweet races guys! Like stangkiller said, my car was slow compared to those nearly 600hp. cars. As for setting up a meet on a more northern location... where could that be? Cops are pretty strict on the northside so we'll have to do a little research.
Yeah cops on Northside are all over the scene up here. Last nite was cool finally racing unlike the Northside, where everyone talks a race for an hour then argues another hour and then when they get ready in comes the law. I have to tip my hat to the South side they got it done and didn't disappoint.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVTFreak
yea i still spun from 60 but had enough power to still roll with them. I was spinning the whole time i raced you but, that will not happen again. you wanna go again or think that you had me im open for you to try again. And I hope the above statement is your way of being sarcastic I would hate to think that your calling me a liar.

and Jeff I was not on drag radials last night they were regular nitto 555 radials.
lol sure i'm down to go again! nah i'm not calling you a liar if i was i would say, "blain you don't know what you are talking about sut up you are a liar" you should know i have no problem speaking my mind
Old 02-10-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robv910
I second that, im kicking my self in the *** for not being able to make it out there! really wanted to go but had other **** to do, plus college suxs ***!
yeah i know what you mean! i scheduled my classes around street racing lol. i made sure not to have and wedesday night classes or any early thursday
Old 02-10-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

We should plan something for next wednesday night soon. I wanna go out and see some old school racing. Its been too long.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I herd Nick put about 1.5 on John but I didn't see it so some one else will have to answer for sure.
The video I saw shows nick pulling away but all you can see is johns headlights.