ever seen a gun do this??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 03:29 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that reminds me of the gun off of Tremors! "hey burt get the elephant gun!"

water buffalo kill more people in africa than somthing like all the other animals combined every year, and its not like they are endangered

the lions and the elephants he's killed might be a little much, but he can blast the **** out of the water buffalo. that is definatly better hunting that sitting in a deer blind with a 30-06 and a scope like i do
Old 03-10-2005, 03:32 PM
That's what she said...

"1992 was also the first year to use a .577 Nitro Express double rifle and I wanted to see what effect its 750 grain bullets travelling at 2150 feet per second would have on buffalo."

750 grain

just found this....

"This is also the first year that I used a .600 Nitro Express double rifle and its 900 grain bullets. The effect this gun has on game must be seen to be believed."
Old 03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy one here. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976365992.htm

Originally Posted by badtexasZ28
i didnt say i condoned the wat he hunted, i was mainly talking about the gun he was using....i want it
Old 03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$30,000!! I think I could buy something a little more useful than that.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

I think these guys have small ***** syndrome. I love guns I own several and the bigger the better but shoot the water buffalos all you want; the elephants and hippos = plain wrong.

The way I see it is shoot something that needs population control.

B
Old 03-10-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

hippos are cute heh
Old 03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=TheBlurLS1]that reminds me of the gun off of Tremors! "hey burt get the elephant gun!"

I think this is my favorite movie of all times
Old 03-10-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well i love what he does... but i would not shoot the hippos....

but i would say if he is hunting them in the wild, with no game fences or anything of that sort... then i would say that is awesome
Old 03-10-2005, 08:15 PM
That's what she said...

hippos are way up on the list of man killers along with the waterbuffalo

those thing wreck whop if you happen to cross some water inhabited by them.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

that **** is f cking terrible, dumb to shoot a hippo
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here we go....

1. Yeah, there is such a thing as hunting for food. Do it if you live in a shack or on the plains. That is an honest hunt, as it brings food to you and your family/village. Any hunting "during season" IMO just gives you a few more morsels that you brag about to your friends-"Hey, I killed it!!!".

2. I like guns. I have a few handguns and a shotgun. I like to target shoot. I like to know that if the worst case-scenario should play itself out I could defend myself and my loved ones. I don't have to prove myself, though.

3. This guy should be jailed.

4. Most people on here are going to say that I'm a bleeding-heart green-peace guy. You don't know me. I am a conservative Republican that finds flaws that I want answered(sorry, Texas, I find fault in most of your leanings, although I'm from the Midwest, and we don't tend to take things to heart automatically around here).

5. Water Buffalo kill a lot of humans around there, as do hippos, as do snakes, as do mosquitos, as do infections. When you are living in a region that harbors dangers, you learn to deal with those dangers. This guy has no such dangers to deal with. He simply inserts himself into that situation and kills-For NO reason other than to promote HIMSELF!!!!

6. This guy should be jailed.

If anyone would care to discuss this at a reasonable tempo without screaming, please do.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by Humanoid
I hunt but I am also a conservationist. I feel that these animals should not be killed unless you are going to be eating them or they need to be culled to protect the population.
I'm with you on that.

As for the gun, I'd rather have a .50 cal mounted on a Bradley if I were going to be hunting that kind of game. One mis-fire or if you stumbe, miss, or anything goes wrong, they are just as dead as the animal would have been. If one of these guys does get killed doing that crazy ****, I bet they get a Darwin award, lol.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Naw, that guns just a toy. For real firepower, you need about 1 million rounds/miinute.
Just a quick 180 round burst.

Check it at http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=516.
For more major firepower, their website is www.metalstorm.com
Man, them aussies come up with some interesting stuff!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:10 PM
10-Second Club

Actually I'm quite happy with my Sig P220
Old 03-10-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/turkey.mpg

thats a hippo for ya

i just couldnt imagine that thing chasing me
Old 03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by Faze2183
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/turkey.mpg

thats a hippo for ya

i just couldnt imagine that thing chasing me
i dont think the .600 double rifle would bring that one down!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Here we go....

1. Yeah, there is such a thing as hunting for food. Do it if you live in a shack or on the plains. That is an honest hunt, as it brings food to you and your family/village. Any hunting "during season" IMO just gives you a few more morsels that you brag about to your friends-"Hey, I killed it!!!".

2. I like guns. I have a few handguns and a shotgun. I like to target shoot. I like to know that if the worst case-scenario should play itself out I could defend myself and my loved ones. I don't have to prove myself, though.

3. This guy should be jailed.

4. Most people on here are going to say that I'm a bleeding-heart green-peace guy. You don't know me. I am a conservative Republican that finds flaws that I want answered(sorry, Texas, I find fault in most of your leanings, although I'm from the Midwest, and we don't tend to take things to heart automatically around here).

5. Water Buffalo kill a lot of humans around there, as do hippos, as do snakes, as do mosquitos, as do infections. When you are living in a region that harbors dangers, you learn to deal with those dangers. This guy has no such dangers to deal with. He simply inserts himself into that situation and kills-For NO reason other than to promote HIMSELF!!!!

6. This guy should be jailed.

If anyone would care to discuss this at a reasonable tempo without screaming, please do.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

I don't have much sympathy for animals that try to kill me. Hippos are the deadliest animals in africa, not exactly the cute cuddly stuffed animals we make them out to be.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TurboZ28
I don't have much sympathy for animals that try to kill me. Hippos are the deadliest animals in africa, not exactly the cute cuddly stuffed animals we make them out to be.
Yeah but he put himself in that situation. I can understand if your actually defending yourself but this guy does this for a profit.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bottlefed5.0
Yeah but he put himself in that situation. I can understand if your actually defending yourself but this guy does this for a profit.
Hippos are SUPER dangerous!!! Just the other day I was walking out to the car to warm it up, and lo and behold, a damned HIPPO!!!!! It took all of me to avoid it, but I did. My next move was to arm myself. Oh yes, I killed that Hippo. Would you have done anything less, living in the Midwest? I saved my family that day. I feel proud about that. And I got to show off a cool gun to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will go out on a limb and say that if you loved that video you would probably not sit at a bar with me. The consequences could be dire.