ever seen a gun do this??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to flame, but my logic differs.

I'd be more scared of a guy that stood in front of those charging animals than of someone that didn't like the videos. These guys obviously aren't all there to do what they are doing.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Hippos are SUPER dangerous!!! Just the other day I was walking out to the car to warm it up, and lo and behold, a damned HIPPO!!!!! It took all of me to avoid it, but I did. My next move was to arm myself. Oh yes, I killed that Hippo. Would you have done anything less, living in the Midwest? I saved my family that day. I feel proud about that. And I got to show off a cool gun to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will go out on a limb and say that if you loved that video you would probably not sit at a bar with me. The consequences could be dire.
Like I said before, if you have to defend yourself thats one thing, but if you do it just for the sport, I have no respect for a person like that.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i dont think the .600 double rifle would bring that one down!
lol, maybe a nuke would
Old 03-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

What the hell, buzzards have to eat, just like worms.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

I personally don't agree with it either. Walk up to an animal just standing there and shoot it? WTF? Now the ones charging that is a different story, but you went looking for them.. I see no reason to kill an animal unless you plan on eating it. I get no rush out of sitting in a blind watching my corn feeder for a deer to come up. I believe hunting is about going out and tracking the animal, hence the "hunting" part of it, not "watching" or whatever.

Yes I do own guns and I do target shoot and hunt during dove season. But, I will eat what I kill and only what I need.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon
I personally don't agree with it either. Walk up to an animal just standing there and shoot it? WTF? Now the ones charging that is a different story, but you went looking for them.. I see no reason to kill an animal unless you plan on eating it. I get no rush out of sitting in a blind watching my corn feeder for a deer to come up. I believe hunting is about going out and tracking the animal, hence the "hunting" part of it, not "watching" or whatever.

Yes I do own guns and I do target shoot and hunt during dove season. But, I will eat what I kill and only what I need.
Truer words may have never been spoken. I respect that stance, and although I don't hunt and don't plan on it, I like your view on the whole thing.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:29 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Hippos are SUPER dangerous!!! Just the other day I was walking out to the car to warm it up, and lo and behold, a damned HIPPO!!!!! It took all of me to avoid it, but I did. My next move was to arm myself. Oh yes, I killed that Hippo. Would you have done anything less, living in the Midwest? I saved my family that day. I feel proud about that. And I got to show off a cool gun to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta be strapped for hippo in the midwest !!!!!111one

that may be one of the funniest things i've read on ls1tech in a while...
Old 03-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02-4.8
Just wait until he has a misfire
I hope its soon!!!

That is just plain poor to kill hippos or any other animal to promote yourself or show it off on the net. What brave men they're by going up to the animals "to choose their fate" on how they are going to die
Old 03-14-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Veteran

I can't wait to see the video of that misfire. He has it coming to him one day.