My Birthday

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 09:41 PM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Birthday

Ok, I need a beer. Started off being an ok birthday considering I went to work today. I get a day off for my b-day holiday so I am taking Friday off instead as well as Saturday (i work 6 days a week). Went to lunch with a bunch of buddies from work, got a nice free fat burger from Fudruckers....had a great dinner with my girlfriend, we went to Maggiano's (some of the best Itallian in Houston IMHO) and then I came home to relax for a while....

Well, my dad's b-day is the same as mine....we haven't talked much in the past few years, been over 3 since I saw him so I figured I'd be the bigger man & call to wish him a happy birthday. I've had some strange nagging urge to contact him recently. So I call his # & it's disconnected. The same number they have had since i was about 3 or 4 (turned 33 today). So now I get a little concerned so I look up the number to make sure I dialed it right & I couldn't find it on the internet phone books....I did find a local paper to the small town he lives in & he was listed as a Pallbearer for my great aunt's funeral . I then read on to see she was preceeded by my great Uncle Jack that was one of my favorite relatives....one of my dad's brother's numbers & call them, I speak with my aunt & she tells me my dad's not doing too good. So, for my b-day, I found out that my great aunt & uncle passed & no one called to tell me, and that my dad has sclerosis of the liver.......I was going to drive up to see him but he can't see me this weekend...it's very hard for me to take off work so I won't have time to go see him until Easter weekend now.....

Thought it might feel better to vent this but I really just wish my car was together so I could go for a long drive. The truck just isn't as theraputic
Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

sorry to hear about your realtives and father..... but still wanted to tell ya Happy B-day... and if you want I'll pick you up in the Fireturd I mean Firehawk, and we can go for a little midnight cruise....
Old 03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Marc,sorry to hear that man that sucks hope everything is ok and that you can take a trip and see him-you know the truck is always up for a lil road trip!!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:16 PM
10-Second Club

I got the Duramax, Just need to get my car back together & running again. I think I'm going to do that tomorrow. I need to go get a head gasket....I will probably start on it tomorrow, if I don't get distracted, I should have her running tomorrow or Saturday. I have one head off, need to swap cams reinstall a valve on the head & reinstall it, put on my QTP & I should be ready to roll.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Happy Birthday Marc. Sorry about all the bad news. That really sucks. I hope that you figure out a way to see him.

-Tracey
Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Happy birthday. That sucks about your dad, hope everything works out well for you.

Tom
Old 03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
10-Second Club

Thanks also...just kinda hit me all at once that so much has happened on my dad's side of the familly & he never called to tell me. I don't really talk to anyone on that side of the family, my parents divorced when I was in 1st grade & I didn't see him from 4th until after I graduated. We have never really gotten along that well but that's irrelevent, I just want to go see him to at least make peace. My former best friend's dad died from the same thing & he told me it was a terrible way to go....for those of you that party too much, you may want to look into what a painful thing sclerosis of the liver can be. My dad's in his late 50's BTW.

I think i'm going to go shoot someone....on the xbox...that should make me feel a little better. Again, thanks for the kind works, I just needed to vent. The bad part is I sort of expected something like this with the life he lives. He is on old hippy cowboy that woke up in the morning & had a beer for breakfast while he was going to feed the cows. He liked to smoke his weed too......he never changed. He was the same when I was a kid & to be honest I'm glad I didn't grow up longer than I did in that environment. I just wish us leaving could have been a big enough event to make him WANT to change.....
Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah that is a bad thing to have-thats why i dont really drink back in high school we partied alot and stuff but since then ive been a good lil boy and grew up alot. My dads dad was kinda like what you were saying marc in that same environment.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

It always sucks to hear about someones parents being in bad shape, my parents are both in good shape, but you always fear that day...I know that it's not the best of times right now for you and your dad, and Im truly sorry, but for what it's worth...Happy Birthday, to BOTH of you.

Charles
Old 03-10-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow sorry to hear that man.. i've got the same kind of thing w/ my dad.. till a few months ago last time i'd seen him i was 15.. i turned 26 yesterday. this past year he's just starting to try to get to know his son.. kinda late aye. i was shocked when i got a call from him at work saying he's coming down to dallas in two weeks.

anyway i hope your dad is ok man
Old 03-11-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Happy b-day Marc. i will be in town late friday we will have to meet up and have a beer. oh and my bday is Sat
Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
10-Second Club

Aaron, sound like we might just have to do that bud. Also thanks again guys.

The bad thing about what he has is that there is no cure. Only don't pickle your liver with alchol I suppose. I just hope I get to see him & make peace with him. I don't want him to go but I don't want him to suffer...but that is the human experience. Just makes you want to live better, do more & make your life as full of enjoyment as possible. Too bad work gets in the way. I need to get some bills paid off so I can work less & live more. This 6 day a week **** is getting old.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

happy belated bday Marc. have a good one.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Aaron, sound like we might just have to do that bud. Also thanks again guys.

The bad thing about what he has is that there is no cure. Only don't pickle your liver with alchol I suppose. I just hope I get to see him & make peace with him. I don't want him to go but I don't want him to suffer...but that is the human experience. Just makes you want to live better, do more & make your life as full of enjoyment as possible. Too bad work gets in the way. I need to get some bills paid off so I can work less & live more. This 6 day a week **** is getting old.
yup i know that feeling why do you think i went back to school.
ill give you a call when i get into town
Old 03-11-2005, 11:06 AM
10-Second Club

My buddy is having some trouble with his wife & wants to go out Saturday night too. So, we may just make it a night out. I got plenty of room in the DMax.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

i dont know what my friends have planned up in the woodlands but i will call you
Old 03-11-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Really sorry to hear that! I'm just waiting for the day both my folks come down with that, can't figure out how they do it, drink day in and day out and this has been going on for over 20 years! Anyway really sorry.

Happy Birthday by the way!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Sorry to hear about all of that Marc. I hope things get better with your dad, happy late b-day bro.

Peace,
Craig.