Bought A Z06 Maf From The Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Default Bought A Z06 Maf From The Dealership

I just bought a z06 maf from the local dealership, I just wanted to know what is the part number for the plug in connector which goes from 5to3 i ordered the connector also but it ended up being the connecter which goes soldered in. . where can I get this connector?
Eddie
Old 03-22-2005 | 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

You'll need more than just a connector. You also need some form of translator or custom tune if I am not mistaken, otherwise you'll botch your air/fuel mixture.

This would be a worthwhile read for you:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=Z06+MAF

Any reason you plan to change the stock MAF?

A pertinent quote:

The LS6 MAF has totally different tables than the 75mm LS1 MAF and is actually harder to tune with, unless you get a calibrated one for the LS1. Messing with the MAF is just asking for problems and 9-10 people on here will tell you to leave it alone!

Last edited by CySevans; 03-22-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2005 | 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

no, i just thought i would set up a good breathing combo with the ls6 intake, ported tb, and a 85 mm maf.

I plan on purchasing hptuners within the next week or so? but i'm still a rookie when it comes to tuning is this hard to set up the new table? or should I just sell the maf? or buy the ls1 calibrated?

Eddie
Old 03-22-2005 | 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1INSIDE
no, i just thought i would set up a good breathing combo with the ls6 intake, ported tb, and a 85 mm maf.

I plan on purchasing hptuners within the next week or so? but i'm still a rookie when it comes to tuning is this hard to set up the new table? or should I just sell the maf? or buy the ls1 calibrated?

Eddie
Well, if even experienced tuners have trouble tuning with the LS6 MAF on an LS1, then my recommendation would be to stay with the stock MAF for now. Like the thread mentions, you'll get, maybe, a 1-2HP gain from it. You'd be better off having your stock MAF ported and polished. Again, just my opinion.
Old 03-22-2005 | 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are better off returning it and getting your money back. You need a maf calibrated for you car. I have the Pace calibrated Z06 maf. I did before and after dynos and got no gain. The maf is not really a place to find more power. Maybe if you had a big cubed engine it would be different.
Old 03-22-2005 | 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

dammit that sucks, and here I am about to lose some money because it was a special order part at the dealership!!

Last edited by LS1INSIDE; 03-22-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2005 | 06:04 PM
9 Second Club NA

Casper Electronics Part # CAS108100. I wouldn't suggest even messing with it because its more trouble than its worth. I put one on a while back with the adapter and it ran like crap. My former tuner was unable to tune for it, so they put a stock one back on and tuned it for a stock one. Before that, I had the Granatelli MAF. The Granatelli was another MAF that was either a hit or miss. Most will suggest that you dont use it, buy it, and if you already have it, sell it. I ended up selling the ZO6 MAF and adapter as my former tuner couldnt tune for it, so it was useless to me. I now run the stock MAF. You're not going to be able to return the MAF as dealerships dont take back electronics. Even if it wasnt a special order, you were still out of luck. Try the for sale section or Ebay. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2005 | 06:49 PM
That's what she said...

get down beside your bed tonight and PRAY the stealership will take it back. otherwise, what dragaholic said.

how much did you pay for it btw?
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

I paid 180 total with taxes for both the maf and the harness, luckily they said they will take it back, but they will charge me a restocking fee.
Old 03-22-2005 | 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
get down beside your bed tonight and PRAY the stealership will take it back. otherwise, what dragaholic said.

how much did you pay for it btw?

Will do, i'm gonna pray to the "car Gods"