I got beat by a Mustang... over and over and over again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005 | 05:58 PM
Fiery Features Director

Default I got beat by a Mustang... over and over and over again!

Every morning on my way to work I see this nice pewter "saleen wanna-be" Mustang. He just won't leave me alone! He revs his motor and of course, I can't back down from a little stop light to stop light fun. Although, it really isn't much fun because I don't even make it past 40 and he already has a few cars on me. You just wait until my car is done! I am so sick of driving a stupid bone stock coupe. Damn Mustang is a TURD!

I don't know how you guys deal with having daily drivers. My *** will be right back in the Camaro as soon as it is done. I don't care if it does get 13MPG.
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I have been there man. Actually I am still there. It happens to everyone. Your time is coming soon enough.
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:32 PM
Fiery Features Director

Yeah, I know... thanks for the reassurance

Now I need to get back in the garage and finish the beast!
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:44 PM
Texas Director

Motion at him to pull over and ask him if he'd like to run you in your Camaro when YOU get finished working on it. Afterall, he'll probably laugh at a girl working on her car and also assume that you won't be able to beat his driving ablility.

Little does he know you are about your knowledge and driving ability. And make sure you ask him to do it for a little $$ just to make it interesting. One more thing, be sure to have Brian videotape the whole thing so you can post it on a bunch of the Mustang boards and on here.

Go get 'em Tiff!
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:50 PM
On The Tree

What car are you driving when this happens?
Old 04-29-2005 | 06:53 PM
That's what she said...

yes daily drivers suck!

its so hard walking past my perfectly good ls1 camaro and getting in the 92 saturn every day! the saturn is cheaper, doesnt make me want to run anybody, and if someone hits it in the parking lot at school, who cares?

i parked it at the END of the driveway today when i got home from school. i said to myself "i've had enough of your bullshit for one week" lol

hey Zangel are you going to be at the photoshoot this weekend?
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

haha Tiff, you and me both: https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/314215-sigh-walked-cobra-today.html
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

13 MPG wow not bad, my non daily driver gets about 13 gallons to the mile an 1/8th of a mile at a time. lol

Originally Posted by Zangel
I don't care if it does get 13MPG.
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zangel
Every morning on my way to work I see this nice pewter "saleen wanna-be" Mustang. He just won't leave me alone! He revs his motor and of course, I can't back down from a little stop light to stop light fun. Although, it really isn't much fun because I don't even make it past 40 and he already has a few cars on me. You just wait until my car is done! I am so sick of driving a stupid bone stock coupe. Damn Mustang is a TURD!

I don't know how you guys deal with having daily drivers. My *** will be right back in the Camaro as soon as it is done. I don't care if it does get 13MPG.

I know how you feel. When ever I drive the truck to work it never fails I come across someone that wants to race. For some reason people love to race the truck.
Old 04-29-2005 | 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

my new beater is much better than my old one. it still sucks though.
Old 04-29-2005 | 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I had a DD my camaro is my only car to get around. Unless im lucky to get my dads truck. Well maybe not as bad for me since mines a v6 I get ok gas mileage.
Old 04-29-2005 | 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Funny, I miss my car soooo much, but I got to admit I love the new DD for the street. My car was fun, but the part I miss most about my car was hauling *** at the track, not driving it on the street.
Old 04-30-2005 | 01:46 AM

First year I had the TA I never got better than like 12MPG, to much fun
Old 04-30-2005 | 02:44 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stock98z
Think it's their 1987 Mustang. Brian's short page about it says "Best ET: Probably in the 15's, this thing is a BIG TURD !!!"
Old 04-30-2005 | 10:43 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by mmiller
Motion at him to pull over and ask him if he'd like to run you in your Camaro when YOU get finished working on it. Afterall, he'll probably laugh at a girl working on her car and also assume that you won't be able to beat his driving ablility.
I thought about it, but I thought it would be even better to surprise him. I guess I would feel kinda stupid being one of those "you just wait" people. I don't like to bench race, so I'll just wait patiently until we get the car done. Then I will pull up next to him like I do every morning, give him a wink and SMOKE his stang

Originally Posted by stock98z
ACW is right. I am driving the bone stock 87 Mustang (auto). This Mustang has to be the slowest stang I have ever seen I would estimate a low 15 in the quarter mile.

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
hey Zangel are you going to be at the photoshoot this weekend?
Nope, I'll be in the garage trying to finish more of my car. My deadline is 2 weeks.... I want to make sure that it is finished in time.

Originally Posted by Nine ball
haha Tiff, you and me both
One word... I FEEL your pain Tony, if it makes you feel any better, we can race each other in our daily drivers and you would surely walk all over me (just like every other car on the road)!

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
Funny, I miss my car soooo much, but I got to admit I love the new DD for the street. My car was fun, but the part I miss most about my car was hauling *** at the track, not driving it on the street.
Lynda, I don't know how you do it.
Old 05-03-2005 | 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

I have a feeling this is in order after your camaro is done.
Attached Thumbnails I got beat by a Mustang... over and over and over again!-girl.jpg  
Old 05-03-2005 | 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

I hear all ya'lls crap on the daily driver stuff. My 1990 Toyota Camry is a total wicked dog. I am scared to even merge onto the freeway because its lack of ability to drag its own ***. Oh well maybe McLeod will get back my defective master cylinder thats been on there shelve for around 5 weeks.

Brandon
Old 05-03-2005 | 11:56 PM

My daily is an 04 Blazer, 4.3 V6, I wouldnt try racing any one with it.
Old 05-04-2005 | 01:05 AM
Mustang Moderator

Its an auto, thats your first problem!

If it weren't a daily driver i'd say throwin a T5, 3.73's, DR's, and a nitrous kit. bye bye to a lot of the cars you'll come across on the street
Old 05-04-2005 | 07:25 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Stang Man
Its an auto, thats your first problem!

If it weren't a daily driver i'd say throwin a T5, 3.73's, DR's, and a nitrous kit. bye bye to a lot of the cars you'll come across on the street
Don't worry... this is Grimal's Garage! We have plans for the turd stang