Tomball Cops: WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Tomball Cops: WARNING

They may be trying to go under cover to bust street racers.

Story: Yesterday I had to go into Tomball in the afternoon from Pinehurst on 249. I was in the Firehawk. Some chump in a white Honda rice racer came chasing from the light in Decker Prairie. I didn't pay him any attention but he tailgated for a while when he had a lane to go around. Then he takes off towards the red light at the colledge but not as fast as you would think, like he expects me to go after him. I caught upto him at the light and he doesn't even look at me. When the light turns I roll out and he takes off making some loud noise but I'm keeping at his door just for fun. As we approach the speed limit I've let him get about a car ahead but now he's looking hard. I notice a patrol car in the colledge turn lane and LOL thinking this stupid kid is about to grab a bunch of tickets. The cop car turns out right in front of us and stopped on the shoulder like he's got a street race bust. The kids still going. I'm still doing 50, my Valentine goes off and we both go by and the cops just eyeballing me, WTF? I'm thinking, "Whatever." So I try to get eye contact just to laugh at his stupid *** (Honda pilot) and he won't look or stay next to me. Then as I'm coming upto Main before the curve at the new Krogers where they like to speed trap my Valentine 1 is going off on Ka Band strong, Cop Radar no doubt directly around this curve. Here comes the Honda, blasting on by, right next to me like I'm supposed to give a crap. I'm thinking "This dude has to learn the hard way, and here it comes lol." So he flys right through a speed trap and nobody cares. Again WTF? But I get clocked the whole freakin' time doing the limit. I went into O'Rielly for about 5-10 minutes and head back home. I don't see anymore street racer wanna be's. But as I'm approaching the last light at the Spring Creek Bridge in front of the Colledge again I'm in the far right lane where there's less traffic. Directly in front of me there's a Saturn with a girl driving who's been making good time and a big delivery truck. All of a sudden the truck then the Saturn drivers both swerve into the middle lane like somethings laying in the road they need to miss. Then I see that same Cop sitting on the right shoulder, wheels turned out, all lights going, nobody pulled over just him, and I get blasted with a fresh shot of Radar. Again I'm doing the limit. I also swerve over to the middle lane just in case he had an emergency to attend and was needing to pull out. But he just eyeballs me and sits there, all lights blazing. WTF again?

Was I supposed to race the White Honda so that I could find out he works for them? Ether that or you can do anything you want as long as there's a red Trans Am next to you to catch the Tomball Cops attention. Either way they still suck *****. That last time it was like he knew where I was and waited until just the right second to hit me with Radar, all ready to pounce on me. Were they watching me or am I just being paranoid?

There's lots of locals on this forum, so just wanted to give a heads up.

Vernon
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it is possible, but I don't think they would be targeting street racing on a monday afternoon, but possible. I have been thinking about them doing some kind of undercover work on street racers etc... The only problem is that might be considered entrapment I am not 100% sure about the laws regarding this so who know? What radar detector are you running ? It seems to be working for ya any ways glad to see you weren't stupid besides there aren't to many of those real fast imports running around so the ods are that you didn't need to run him to know where you stood anyways. Good luck in the future.
Jeff

Last edited by Inspector12; 05-10-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

It is not to hard to find a bright red Firehawk in that town. You probably have the only one there. So you kind stick out like a sore thumb.
Next time take Lisa's Sunfire. Definately a "no ticket" guarentee...lol.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

About 2 weeks ago I was driving through tomball on 2920 at about 1 in the morning, and then all of a sudden time I pass the firestation, a cop pulls out behind me. The out of no where he flips his radar on and my detector goes to full Ka. He followed me till I was basicly out of tomball on 2920.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Man, tomball sure has changed, used to be almost nothing therer when i first moved out to cypress, now we try to not even go into tomball anymore. sucks.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the heads up. I live in Tomball and I wouldn't put it past them, cops are terrible here. I can pick them up all day long with my radar detector though. I get some looks in my truck, kinda flashy with loud exhaust but I can't imagine what you f-body guys have to deal with.-ryan
Old 05-10-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I live right were your talking about down the road from the college and the cops are soo bad, I have never seen it like this. I see at least 3 people pulled over for speeding everyday. I wish it was a little more relaxed, they are too hardcore.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Colledge......lol.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:57 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Tomball was real bad for me a couple mths ago i was on defered jutication(sp) for 6mths and i had to go to the high school everyday via the dead center of town 249-2920
Old 05-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

I think your over thinking the situation, conspiracy theory. The cop on the side of the road probably had someone pulled over and the person had already left, he was just there finishing up the paper work. happens alot. i dont think there are any undercovers trying to get street racers in tomball.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by McTullis
Colledge......lol.
Yue stuped, lyke yue got and ejukashun....BTW, nyce Korvitte
Old 05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Our detectors are Valentine 1's, one in the truck and car. Nothing better and I've tried several.

Stephen, I have to admit you're a lot funnier on the internet but it's a SunBIRD dammit.

Colledge < college, I knew that was wrong in the back of my mind but was in a hurry and didn't check it. Yea, I've never attended one.

So Mike, what do you do for a living, COPPER? LOL Seriously if you read that again I meant it as a possibilitly only, mainly so everyone would be more careful in Tomball, especially if it's a chump in a white Honda. Like I said if it wasn't a plan then they still suck for letting Slow *** Hondas drive like hell because they're so worried about me. He seriously blew by them in race mode twice while they clocked me. And the third time, he had not pulled anyone over. Everybody swerved when he hit his lights, not after they got right next to him with his lights on. And only then did he hit me with Radar, just as soon as we saw each other, not anytime before. I've lived here for 25 years and been driving super fast cars since 1987. I know my way around the speeding ticket scene all too well, and this was different. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted. There was something wierd about the guy in the Honda, he didn't panic when he saw cop cars pull in front of him, and he only tried to entice a race when we were around cop cars using Radar, how likely is that. Now that I think back on it, it all seemed staged, that's the correct word for it.
But hey I might be crazy , drive like you want .

Vernon

Last edited by Manic Mechanic; 05-10-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Thought of something else
Old 05-10-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have to watch out for tomsballs really bad. There are always cops on the prowl there and they will pull you over for just about anything. As long as you arent doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry aobut. They will still jack with you though.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Well it is possible, but I don't think they would be targeting street racing on a monday afternoon, but possible. I have been thinking about them doing some kind of undercover work on street racers etc... The only problem is that might be considered entrapment I am not 100% sure about the laws regarding this so who know? What radar detector are you running ? It seems to be working for ya any ways glad to see you weren't stupid besides there aren't to many of those real fast imports running around so the ods are that you didn't need to run him to know where you stood anyways. Good luck in the future.
Jeff
That wouldnt be considered entrapment anymore than undercover cops that sell drugs in drug stings or prostitution stings. In otherwords-its not.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SJRTX
That wouldnt be considered entrapment anymore than undercover cops that sell drugs in drug stings or prostitution stings. In otherwords-its not.
good point
Old 05-11-2005, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

White Honda? Hmmm....They usually start the undercovers out with Mitsubishi Eclipses.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HMFIC
Yue stuped, lyke yue got and ejukashun....BTW, nyce Korvitte
how much have you had to
Old 05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by viper1
White Honda? Hmmm....They usually start the undercovers out with Mitsubishi Eclipses.
and they only top out at 130
Old 05-11-2005, 03:40 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Just a little heads up guys........ I saw a grey unmarked impala with black rims and darker than Texas legal tint, he pulled over 2 cars that i know of this morning on cherry, i have also heard of a black and pewter impala with the same black windows/tint so if you think its an unmarked car chances are it is. Just today on the way to school i saw 4 cars pulled over, stay away from west main(2920) during school zone hrs.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by yellowchev02
Just a little heads up guys........ I saw a grey unmarked impala with black rims and darker than Texas legal tint, he pulled over 2 cars that i know of this morning on cherry, i have also heard of a black and pewter impala with the same black windows/tint so if you think its an unmarked car chances are it is. Just today on the way to school i saw 4 cars pulled over, stay away from west main(2920) during school zone hrs.
You dont have to pull over for an unmarked slick top. Seriously be careful, if one does try to pull into a gas station or some other busy area. If he gets pissed let him, nothing he can legally do about it.

And no Im not a cop....yet

Quick Reply: Tomball Cops: WARNING