DFW June 25th, E.O.M HOOTERS GTG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It matters when he was told already he had a tune on it so he charged him for a retune price which he got with his cam install. And see how U feel when Your friend (ME) with the same freakin cam, can crank his car up and go while insom has to sit there and let it warm up and then even after that it dies at stop lights. And how would U feel paying for a cam install on your nice Z06 and have it leak oil all over your parking space at work and fling oil all over the undercarriage of your car while your driving?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Oh yea, the more welds you have in you exhaust (connections) the more HP you will loose due to turbalance. Insom has a tone of welds and some aint to clean and his freakin Cutouts are right underneath his tranny, his tranny has black marks from the exhaust fumes hitting it, 21st Century told Kirk he will fry his tranny if he runs with them opened, and yes a tranny does get hot but with cutout blowing hot fumes onto the casing you think thats OK? no freakin way, the fluid is getting to the boiling point if it blows on it long enough trashing his tranny.
Not TRUE!!!!! Depends on how the pipes transition.... Your header tubes are not ALL one bend!!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Not TRUE!!!!! Depends on how the pipes transition.... Your header tubes are not ALL one bend!!
Then why are performance(nascar,F1,Rally,NHRA) vehicles all up on manderal bent pipes, the more welds you have and curves cause more back pressure and turbalance. True duals work great cause they are mostly straight pipe, but cars like Mine with exhasut out the back and like kirks were there are alot of bends, anything extra will hinder performance

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 06-30-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow this **** has gotten out or control.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:23 PM
Launching!

If welds make that much of a difference then I must be royally fucked.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Well if U've seen Kirk exhaust then you'd say yes it does. The less connection points you have and the less bends you have the more Hp you will gain. Just think about it like a Heart and blood vessels, if you have any blockage(welds) or smaller to larger then smaller again connections(transitions) it is gonna hinder flow. The less resistance your exhaust has to exit the better the gains will be.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redaddiction
Wow this **** has gotten out or control.
cant we all just get along???
Old 06-30-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Nah, Im bored at work and I like to argue common sense (I am wrong about the headers being to big I'll admit that)
Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well if U've seen Kirk exhaust then you'd say yes it does. The less connection points you have and the less bends you have the more Hp you will gain. Just think about it like a Heart and blood vessels, if you have any blockage(welds) or smaller to larger then smaller again connections(transitions) it is gonna hinder flow. The less resistance your exhaust has to exit the better the gains will be.
Do you even know what your talking about?
The header collector is 3 inch then it necks down to 2.5 all the way out of the back of the car.
It dont neck down then get bigger.
BTW Kirk you dont have a Bassani X on your car. Its two bent pips welded together in the center.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nah, Im bored at work and I like to argue common sense (I am wrong about the headers being to big I'll admit that)
True story.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by '01 WS6 TA
Do you even know what your talking about?
The header collector is 3 inch then it necks down to 2.5 all the way out of the back of the car.
It dont neck down then get bigger.
BTW Kirk you dont have a Bassani X on your car. Its two bent pips welded together in the center.
Damn more welds
Old 06-30-2005, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Doesnt sound like he asked for a full tune...So why blame that on Sean????????????? Sean might have given him that little bit of tuning for free...You think you are gonna get badass to tune for free do you? Dynoes are used as TUNING aids....Drag racing shows results by trap speeds and ET's..>Who gives a **** about dyno sheets.
tOTALLY AGREE!!! There is really no such thing as a partial tune(unless its for gears, or shift points and **** like that) The car is either tuned or not!!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I guess buying a Manderal Bent exhaust with only 2 connection points is a big waste of money, **** next time I will go to Pep Boys have them weld 30 Pieces of exhaust together with lots of crimps in it and transtions from having to piece the pipes together, Damn Borla was a waste of money??? To bad I spent all the money on my GTX for a Manderal bent exhaust system, how stupid of me, should have let some slap jaw yockle just go crazy with his welder Oh yea Lewisville muffler told Kirk it was a Bassani X pipe.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Your crazy DARREN!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Here is a Quote from a Sponsor about there exhausts

Question: Why is MagnaFlow the best exhaust system?

Answer: Nothing performs better, looks better, or sounds better than MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust. Our Research and Development Team invests many hours to ensure our products stay competitive and perform the way they should.

Our systems feature straight-through flow designs for the ultimate in unrestricted horsepower and torque for big power while maintaining exhaust efficiency.

The internal MagnaFlow muffler is designed of stainless steel perforated core, stainless steel wool, and an acoustical absorbent material -- superior to fiberglass (which many other manufacturers use). No baffles, chambers, or louvers. No restrictions at all, just straight-through, wide-open performance with a smooth, deep tone, and each MagnaFlow stainless muffler has a highly polished mirror finish for a show car look.

Our systems give a 20% reduction in bends over your O.E.M. system to provide the power you demand.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I guess buying a Manderal Bent exhaust with only 2 connection points is a big waste of money, **** next time I will go to Pep Boys have them weld 30 Pieces of exhaust together with lots of crimps in it and transtions from having to piece the pipes together, Damn Borla was a waste of money??? To bad I spent all the money on my GTX for a Manderal bent exhaust system, how stupid of me, should have let some slap jaw yockle just go crazy with his welder Oh yea Lewisville muffler told Kirk it was a Bassani X pipe.
Darren they are talking bout mandrel bends (with Lanes work) you know that Lane's stuff is kickass. I'd garuntee you would make more power with Lane or Hutto's exhaust throughout.

Crimps yeah they will kill power, but talking about duals with several pieces still will make more power than your catback setup.

Oh and there is such thing as a partial tune nick. Lots of people do it. They do more than just basic code bullshit, but dont get indepth on fuel here or timing, etc all over the place. You can tune a car to make say 400rwhp within an hour or so (example here... not geared towards any tuner whatsoever) but you could fine tune for several more hours to get more power throughout the rpm range, etc etc etc.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brandon
Darren they are talking bout mandrel bends (with Lanes work) you know that Lane's stuff is kickass. I'd garuntee you would make more power with Lane or Hutto's exhaust throughout.

Crimps yeah they will kill power, but talking about duals with several pieces still will make more power than your catback setup.

Oh and there is such thing as a partial tune nick. Lots of people do it. They do more than just basic code bullshit, but dont get indepth on fuel here or timing, etc all over the place. You can tune a car to make say 400rwhp within an hour or so (example here... not geared towards any tuner whatsoever) but you could fine tune for several more hours to get more power throughout the rpm range, etc etc etc.
Yes I am On of those people, but when everyone in the DFW area has done a little bit of tune to your car, just because you dont want to pay the big bucks
you really just need to start over and let one person tune it unless you just adding dinky ****..
Old 06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

hrm
kirk had sean and LG tune.

if you are talking about me.

well lets see
FASTech..........
Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I wasnt talking about Lanes TD, I am trying to show how Kirk's exhaust may be one of the factors hindering his cars performance. TD work great in our cars cause there is less exhaust and have a good flowing muffler. Less bends, less connections equal more power. Kirk's exhaust has a ton of welds with a dramatic reducing from the headers do to the fact that his collectors where cut-off to make room to install the X-pipe.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BoostedGT
If welds make that much of a difference then I must be royally fucked.
And all the Pro 5.0 guys that run turbos too...Some people just dont have a clue man...Its all good. Mine should make more too I guess...I guess >600 is not enough..lol