DFW June 25th, E.O.M HOOTERS GTG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about me saying the cam might be degree'd wrong.. i didn't think sean would keep that from you.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by '01 WS6 TA
There is no YOU GUYS....get that through your head Kirk. I'd just watch who you talk to....cause everything you say comes back to the person you said it about.
I dont think he will get what you said.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by InsomZ
about me saying the cam might be degree'd wrong.. i didn't think sean would keep that from you.
Keep swearing by that....the car wouldn't make the power it's making if it is off like you think.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

swearing by that.. its one of the things it 'could' be that were pointed out by LG when i took it there cause the car drove like ****.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by '01 WS6 TA
Keep swearing by that....the car wouldn't make the power it's making if it is off like you think.
its gettin deap!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon
its gettin deap!
Thats what i was thinking
Old 06-30-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

swearing by that.. its one of the things it 'could' be that were pointed out by LG when i took it there cause the car drove like ****.

It could be....but it's not.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bottom line is you woudnt be happy no matter what cause the car didnt make the power.It happens alot.
If it would have made 430 that night you wouldnt have said anything about the problems...you would have brought the car back to Sean and let him fix what ever you thought was wrong.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

i'm pretty sure with 430 and an oil leak, and car that dies at stop lights i'd still want to get that fixed.

its a shop you don't work for anymore why are you so concerned with it.

yeah i probably would take it back to that shop if i didn't hear a tantrom over the dyno day where the shop owner said something about people just walking in expecting to get **** done.. i'd scheduled that day.. and every other time i went up there.

it was that 'service' not just the issues with the car that made me decide not to use that shop anymore.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

woot

free post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Man you ls1 guys sure do bitch alot.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

its the brand of 1 7/8ths.. cartek..(no merge) along w/ the 4-piece weld to the x-pipe :/ i think the 4piece weld is killing 10rwhp or so..

still the car should be putting down 420rwhp if the x3 lived up to the claims of 430rwhp. i'm switchin to something else, doing kooks headers 1 7/8th.. cause if the ls6 block goes after spraying i'm doing a ls2 402. switchin to a diff cam so the torq curve doesn't look like a honda.
LOL...If that was the case then the Duals that are built around here wouldnt make the power the due...They are built with pre-bent mandrel tubing...lol Killing hP is retarded.

What brand X did you get again??
Old 06-30-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

'so many things' thanks yoda what might it be then?
n/m got the answer from Sam on aim: 'headers and catback' thats what i said *** :p
If you have the answer then, fix those problems before you change cams....

Let me clarify something for you right quick...

Anytime you install different power making mods, a car needs to be tweeked and fine tuned and everything has to work together....The graph from LG you show us in this post is something that LG has done time and time again and is well put together...I dont care for LG's stuff much b/c its way over priced but he does do his homework and R&D.

If things dont match you wont see the normal power and be down like you are.

Mike
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

i'm pretty sure with 430 and an oil leak, and car that dies at stop lights i'd still want to get that fixed.

its a shop you don't work for anymore why are you so concerned with it.

yeah i probably would take it back to that shop if i didn't hear a tantrom over the dyno day where the shop owner said something about people just walking in expecting to get **** done.. i'd scheduled that day.. and every other time i went up there.

it was that 'service' not just the issues with the car that made me decide not to use that shop anymore.
What shop did the tuning? What shop are you BITCHING about?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Sean did the original partial tune after the cam install, (386ish) then Kirk went to LG to have tuning done b/c they saw his lower #s posted in the dyno section, and told him to swing by. They made(401) with too much timing (30 something degrees) and 3 degrees of knock (so I was told) So he went back to sean for tuning after the cutouts, or pushrods or something................. Dunno #s there
Then went back to LG for some reason or another, be it more power (or to see more on Lous dyno) or drivability etc. Between Sean's partial tune or whatever it was, to LGs baseline there was a 14rwhp difference, with no difference in tuning, so I am told.

The whole tuning thing makes me go..

Last edited by Brandon; 06-30-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Best not to drag names thru the mud. It just sucks when U freakin schedule an appointment with a shop, f'n take off work and then no one shows up, or doesnt show up for a couple of hours Sorry but thats just BS, **** one time I got there at 9:30 (my scheduled appointment) and they didnt show up until 11 and then I stayed until 8pm before they even got my car on the dyno!!! Mind you a fuel pump does require alot of time to install on a 98 but jeez not all freakin day!!! Mellow has been on there dyno over 40 times trying to get his issues solved with his 226/226 cam, it shut off when the air was turned on, hard starts, just stupid ****. Now mind you this was all done at no charge but damn I guess you get what U pay for Now mellow went to another shop and his car is running like a Champ, he can turn the AC on with no problems and in the morning he can crank it up and go. Im not gonna name the shop cause they can still get there act together and do good work like they have in the past, but something needs to change, like a freakin appointment book!!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL...If that was the case then the Duals that are built around here wouldnt make the power the due...They are built with pre-bent mandrel tubing...lol Killing hP is retarded.

What brand X did you get again??
bassani and like darren said i'm not trying to give that shop a bad name..

i would of never posted **** publicly about it if josh and sam didn't decide to start up with me in this thread. they wanted to act like i'm in the wrong so fine i mentioned every damn issue i had there.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh yea, the more welds you have in you exhaust (connections) the more HP you will loose due to turbalance. Insom has a tone of welds and some aint to clean and his freakin Cutouts are right underneath his tranny, his tranny has black marks from the exhaust fumes hitting it, 21st Century told Kirk he will fry his tranny if he runs with them opened, and yes a tranny does get hot but with cutout blowing hot fumes onto the casing you think thats OK? no freakin way, the fluid is getting to the boiling point if it blows on it long enough trashing his tranny.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brandon
Sean did the original partial tune after the cam install, (386ish) then Kirk went to LG to have tuning done b/c they saw his lower #s posted in the dyno section, and told him to swing by. They made(401) with too much timing (30 something degrees) and 3 degrees of knock (so I was told) So he went back to sean for tuning after the cutouts, or pushrods or something................. Dunno #s there
Then went back to LG for some reason or another, be it more power (or to see more on Lous dyno) or drivability etc. Between Sean's partial tune or whatever it was, to LGs baseline there was a 14rwhp difference, with no difference in tuning, so I am told.

The whole tuning thing makes me go..
Doesnt sound like he asked for a full tune...So why blame that on Sean????????????? Sean might have given him that little bit of tuning for free...You think you are gonna get badass to tune for free do you? Dynoes are used as TUNING aids....Drag racing shows results by trap speeds and ET's..>Who gives a **** about dyno sheets.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Doesnt sound like he asked for a full tune...So why blame that on Sean????????????? Sean might have given him that little bit of tuning for free...You think you are gonna get badass to tune for free do you? Dynoes are used as TUNING aids....Drag racing shows results by trap speeds and ET's..>Who gives a **** about dyno sheets.
AMEN!