My f'n Neighbors Slaughtered a Goat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stang killer
And as for the neighbors trying to control legal activities and actions, i think all of us on this forum has had troubles with neighbors and our cars at one time or another.
I don't understand your logic. Most cities have loud noise ordinance. Slaughtering a goat/hog/chicken in your backyard it perfectly legal. Like it was stated earlier, if you don't approve of it or want your kids to see this, go inside.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Im not going to read the thread but....

Mmmmm...cabrito with avocado.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you guys are missing my point. I don't care that they ate it..I wouldn't care even if they had slaughterd it outside of the neighborhood and brought it in..my point is they did it in the backyard - granted it's perfectly legal..which doesn't make it right.

Yes, I eat chicken..and burgers..and bacon..but they're slaughtered in a slaughter house which is a bit cleaner than a backyard. Plus I don't have to worry about the smell or the mess that may find it's way in my backyard, just like it has before...

What if they didn't clean up their mess..what if there are entrails everywhere? Which can bring disease, insects, smell..etc.

They HAD a fence..but since we share a side..the tore that side down to re do it. It's a nice neighborhood (which has nothing to do with any of my story, but okay.) mostly older retired people who keep their yards nice...

Call me a bitch, tell me to get over it..whatever you want - but if you guys saw that happening next door to you...you would be complaining as well.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't think this thread would get this big. If this was happenind nextdoor to me I would be a little upset too. I don't care what they do with the meat or anything else its just the fact that I get to hear and see this happen. I don't know anyone that would like to have a neighbor that is trying raise a farm in their back yard in a large city.

I guess my only solution to the problem would be a bigger fence and I would go over and tell them to keep their crap in their yard.

ObseSSed I can understand why you are upset and I would be too
Old 06-27-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

sounds like you share a property line. so why don't you throw in some cash and some time to help build that fence? in my neighborhood, we have courtesy fences so that we are both responsible for it and not just one of us.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to have to side with obseSSED on this one. Just because it's a cultural thing doesn't make it acceptable to do it in your backyard in every case. To a certain extent it's ok to embrace your culture publicly, but say you happen to be from Taiwan and decide to eat some dog for dinner (a fairly common practice over there)? Would your neighbors be thrilled to see you killing puppies? I think not. What if you are from an African tribe that insists that a female lose her virginity in front of a village council? Would your neighbors be happy to see that in the driveway? Chances are, no. It's all well and good to be proud of ones' culture and to embrace and cherish it, just don't be suprised that if in some (or many instances) people that don't share your particular lineage may be a little miffed.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by obseSSed
Call me a bitch, tell me to get over it..whatever you want - but if you guys saw that happening next door to you...you would be complaining as well.
No one is going to call you a bitch here, that's for sure. In fact I was sympathetic to your initial comments until you started talking smack about unpaved roads , Mexican water quality, etc. Those things have nothing to do with slaughtering an animal in a backyard. Are you even sure that your neighbors are illegal immigrants? If they are then you should have called INS.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Don't call the Migra on mi familia
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Don't call the Migra on mi familia
I personally won't I am completely FOR cultural diversity in the USA, but illegal immigration is something that I just don't tolerate.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

I guess its all a matter of whats socially accpetable. I just moved to Houston from the valley and stuff like that was common and accepted as "a way of life". Here things are different. I wouldn't want my 4 year old watching that and I'm a half breed and my wife is hispanic!

And while it may not be illegal to slaughter a goat in your back yard, keeping livestock inside the city limits generally is.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

WASH THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINA...
Get over it. If you dont like it dont watch it.
They cleaned up after they slaughtered it.
Its over, you vented so stop justifying.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Suprisingly im hispanic .....but the first time i ever saw a goat slaughter was by a group of white people in thier back yard...and after the slit its neck..they strung it up by its back legs (just ike a deer) dropped its guts on the ground and skinned it. i sure as hell didnt call the cops. i went over to thier house and help them eat it. its all natural. plus have you ever seen a PETA video. there is no way a slaughter house could ever be cleaner than your backyard
Old 06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

a lot of things can be said about this. some people say to make our kids more culturally sensitive. well we can't if we run and hide every time something happens thats unusual. some people say "**** culture,this is America and we're all american." in that case tell the neighbors"next time you don't offer me some goat, i'm ******* you up if my kid saw that, i'd just have to explain A: that all meat starts as a live animal; B: some people like their meat fresher than others; C: I do'nt know if its part of Hispanic heritage or not, but since my stepson is part Hispanic,I'd try to find out the truth about it(actually,i'd make him get on the computer with me and find it, then show me what he learned). as far as Mexico not having paved streets, how could they when all the good street pavers moved to America? as far as animal rights and PETA, don't they know that the vegetables they eat came from once living plants?(does a tomato plant feel pain when it is harvested?)
Old 06-27-2005, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by obseSSed
you guys are missing my point. I don't care that they ate it..I wouldn't care even if they had slaughterd it outside of the neighborhood and brought it in..my point is they did it in the backyard - granted it's perfectly legal..which doesn't make it right.

Yes, I eat chicken..and burgers..and bacon..but they're slaughtered in a slaughter house which is a bit cleaner than a backyard. Plus I don't have to worry about the smell or the mess that may find it's way in my backyard, just like it has before...

What if they didn't clean up their mess..what if there are entrails everywhere? Which can bring disease, insects, smell..etc.

They HAD a fence..but since we share a side..the tore that side down to re do it. It's a nice neighborhood (which has nothing to do with any of my story, but okay.) mostly older retired people who keep their yards nice...

actually if it was happening next door, i'd bring some beer and tortillas, and have a good time, have you ever gotten drunk while listening to mexican music, personaly i don't like it but when your drunk it rocks , i did that with some friends and we had a blast, we even had the chinese guy jamming out and he had no idea what the hell was going on, but don't worry you ain't gonna get no disease because you live next to mexicans
Old 06-27-2005, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
I'm going to have to side with obseSSED on this one. Just because it's a cultural thing doesn't make it acceptable to do it in your backyard in every case. To a certain extent it's ok to embrace your culture publicly, but say you happen to be from Taiwan and decide to eat some dog for dinner (a fairly common practice over there)? Would your neighbors be thrilled to see you killing puppies? I think not. What if you are from an African tribe that insists that a female lose her virginity in front of a village council? Would your neighbors be happy to see that in the driveway? Chances are, no. It's all well and good to be proud of ones' culture and to embrace and cherish it, just don't be suprised that if in some (or many instances) people that don't share your particular lineage may be a little miffed.
first of all killing a goat is legal, but on the other hand banging a chick in public is not, what we are dealing with here is not a cultural thing, but a bunch of vatos that where hungry and wanted some fresh goat tacos....and also to party so lets stop being sissies and carry on
Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

What a *****! And you say you are part hispanic? No Goat?You must only eat Chorizo then! All that crap you wrote sounded weak.Last I heard you can do almost anything you want in your yard. Then you worry about them getting drunk and not putting up a fence? Stop trying to to be so nosey and mind your business! Why not help with the fence? This country has enough people like you trying to take our freedoms from us. How do you think people get meat? Think it starts out in neat little packages? Not so long ago that's how people fed their families. Then you start on this **** about mexico's roads and water? Nice to complain about when you're over there sipping Corona's and buying trinkets.The problem with that country is corruption. Greedy Government taking the money and using it on something else. In case you have'nt noticed, Mexicans are working hard in this country to build your houses, buildings, and roads. Hell they even pick the fruit your kids eat for breakfast. Show some appreciation! I don't see anyone else lined up to do these jobs. There not the ones flying planes into buildings here and killing our kids in Iraq! Stop complaining, I read this Forum because I own an LS1 car and want to learn more about it and the people who also own such cars. The only Goat I want to read about are the ones with LS1's and LS2's.

Yours Truly,
Pete Gutierrez
A Texas born and raised, tax paying, Mexican American!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder if they still have any left overs. Mmmmm, barbacoa!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pues voy a decir algo! I also have witness a killing,but this was a pig on my back yard. This was a couple of years ago but man it was Horrible. My dad and his friends did the whole thing and I couldnt tolerate it. But Puerco asado smells mighty fine. I guess it was an experince for you obsessed and I don't blame you for getting upset. Like you know everyone has different reactions

I feel you! im a very clean guy and that **** would've bothered me too. BUt I think calling the cops was a little to much!
Old 06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn, we had neighbors doing that and they got in some sort of trouble
Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by white man
damn, we had neighbors doing that and they got in some sort of trouble
What sort of trouble?

Quick Reply: My f'n Neighbors Slaughtered a Goat!!!