? on no front plate ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005 | 03:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default ? on no front plate ticket

I got a ticket for no front plate on saturday night at westhimer. I was just wondering have any of you tried to take pictures of your car with the front plate on and taken it to court?Did it get dismised or you still had to pay the ticket?How much was the ticket if you had to pay it?
Old 08-07-2005 | 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-07-2005 | 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

well I used to always get those tickets, b-4 I just put the plate on. I have heard stories of the baliff going out to look at the car w/ the cars owner to make sure it is on, people would tell me don't bring the car or say you don't have it, I would say it's up to you, where is the courthouse lubbock st. come to think of it I don't even know where my emblem plate is?
Old 08-07-2005 | 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

when i got my front plate ticket, i called the J.O.P. asking him if it was possible to get dismissed, and he said he wanted me to come in and discuss it, AFTER i installed the front LP. so i went to wal mart and bought some double sided 3M adhesive, and taped the LP and bracket to my grille and went down there. this was after i went to the DMV and got my new plates(i had just bought the car and was only given one plate, and there were no mounting holes for a plate anyway)

i told him that the car originally didnt have holes for an LP, i proved to him that i just bought the car, i proved to him that the dealers only gave me one LP(i had a phone number and statement frome salesman), and i so quickly fixed the problem with a new front plate

he said this offence was not dismissable, but he was nice enough to waive the fine, and i only had to pay court costs.( he got paid $55 to walk outside and check for my LP) i still havent decided if the joke is on him or me.
Old 08-07-2005 | 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
when i got my front plate ticket, i called the J.O.P. asking him if it was possible to get dismissed, and he said he wanted me to come in and discuss it, AFTER i installed the front LP. so i went to wal mart and bought some double sided 3M adhesive, and taped the LP and bracket to my grille and went down there. this was after i went to the DMV and got my new plates(i had just bought the car and was only given one plate, and there were no mounting holes for a plate anyway)

i told him that the car originally didnt have holes for an LP, i proved to him that i just bought the car, i proved to him that the dealers only gave me one LP(i had a phone number and statement frome salesman), and i so quickly fixed the problem with a new front plate

he said this offence was not dismissable, but he was nice enough to waive the fine, and i only had to pay court costs.( he got paid $55 to walk outside and check for my LP) i still havent decided if the joke is on him or me.

The JOP lied to you. Last time I had recieved a ticket, I told the judge that the plate was on and all I had to pay was the $10 dismisal fee. I did not even have the plate on the car and I drove a different car to court, but the judge did not even ask to see the car. This was Harris county court.
Old 08-07-2005 | 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cabesas
I got a ticket for no front plate on saturday night at westhimer. I was just wondering have any of you tried to take pictures of your car with the front plate on and taken it to court?Did it get dismised or you still had to pay the ticket?How much was the ticket if you had to pay it?

Everytime I got a ticket for no front plate I had to pay. The option to show them that I put it on was not available. The ticket cost around $80. The best thing to do if you don't want to have a front plate on is to have the front plate in your car and when you get pulled over, play stupid and tell the officer that your car was in a show recently and you forgot to put it back on. Also let the officer know that you will put it on right then in front of him if he don't right you a ticket. Either that or just pay the ticket.
Old 08-07-2005 | 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Pretty much if you don't want to get stopped/ get a ticket, run the front plate. It's really up to you whether you want to sacrifice the cleaner look for a possible ticket. Kinda like drinking and driving, you know the possible outcome before you get behind the wheel. You just have to decide if it's worth the risk. I don't run a front LP, but I know I could get stopped at any time for it.
Old 08-07-2005 | 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

cops suck
Old 08-07-2005 | 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

When I got a ticket for no front plate I asked to see the judge and he asked if I had put the front plate back on I said yes and showed him a pic and got it dismissed.
Old 08-08-2005 | 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

i took i picture of my car with the plate on and took it to the judge, i showed it to her and she said.. "so, i dont care, you didnt have it on at the time you got the ticket did you?? you have to pay... you dont have an option"
Old 08-08-2005 | 02:53 AM
kid
Teching In

i just got back from court on that this past week,i took a picture and brought the car with the plate on and it got dismised. just tell them that you just got the car painted and was driving home from the shop and had not put it on yet.
Old 08-08-2005 | 05:43 AM
TECH Veteran

What if they want you to prove that you actually did have it at a bodyshop? Then you're screwed.