Obvious Obsession

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as being ranked since 99...IMO the only rank that matters is the BCS rankings, they decide whether you get to go to a bowl and to what bowl such as the NC game...we were 20 last year...
the ONLY reason UT went to the Rose Bowl last year was because Mac cried like a ***** to the BCS , BCS is the important one so save me the AP rankings crap

Anyone that says Kyle field is not an intimidating place to play is blind or has never attended a game at Kyle

UT fans need to quit talking about NC games..worry about winning the Big 12 first and beating OU...BOTH already accomplished by ATM

See you at the "Ohio State POUNDS UT" thread

Last edited by PhatT/A; 08-09-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Oh god here we go again
Old 08-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmiller
If you're an aggy fan, pot, meet the kettle. What is it the atm hypocites alway say, "aggys don't lie, cheat or steal?" Yeah right. The winning times by atm in the late 80's and early 90's were due to all of the cheating and paying of players by Jackie and the aggy boosters. Lol, are you one of the ones that is grand mother was cussed out and had beer thrown on when visiting Austin.

Also, atm rarely sells out pyle stadium except for when big brother comes to town every other year. ags have also left early en mass both at home and in Austin the last several years due to the *** whippings UT has laid on them, something y'all claim that aggys don't do, which is another myth dispelled.

Can't wait for reality to bite the ags in the *** again this year after y'all get your hopes up over a phoney of a coach in Franocchio.

Hook'em!
71-34-5
Just like the typical Longhorn fan, you are wrong. I am not an aggie fan..

12-0
65-13
35-24
14-3
63-15
Old 08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by RED98WS6
Well, you may never see something like that....but Longhorn fans have a reputation for being some of the poorest winners (and losers) in college sports...
you are right, mmiller isn't even a longhorn, never attended.
i get the most flack from their fan base not the students, that are longhorns.

If you're an aggy fan, pot, meet the kettle. What is it the atm hypocites alway say, "aggys don't lie, cheat or steal?" Yeah right. The winning times by atm in the late 80's and early 90's were due to all of the cheating and paying of players by Jackie and the aggy boosters. Lol, are you one of the ones that is grand mother was cussed out and had beer thrown on when visiting Austin.
The moto came into effect Sept 2004. But during the 80's and early 90's
1980 A&M 24 tu 14 W
1981 A&M 13 tu 21 L
1982 A&M 16 tu 53 L
1983 A&M 13 tu 45 L
1984 A&M 37 tu 12 W
1985 A&M 42 tu 10 W
1986 A&M 16 tu 3 W
1987 A&M 20 tu 13 W
1988 A&M 28 tu 24 W
1989 A&M 21 tu 10 W
1990 A&M 27 tu 28 L
1991 A&M 31 tu 14 W
1992 A&M 34 tu 13 W
1993 A&M 18 tu 9 W
1994 A&M 34 tu 10 W

Well thats 11-4 in the 80's to early 90's

gotta love when football season is starting up....
hopefully the threads stay this civil through the season.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
the ONLY reason UT went to the Rose Bowl last year was because Mac cried like a ***** to the BCS , BCS is the important one so save me the AP rankings crap

Anyone that says Kyle field is not an intimidating place to play is blind or has never attended a game at Kyle

UT fans need to quit talking about NC games..worry about winning the Big 12 first and beating OU...BOTH already accomplished by ATM

See you at the "Ohio State POUNDS UT" thread
Yeah, and Texas went to Rose Bowl and took care of business didn't they? Cal, the supposed Rose bowl pick lost to Tech in the Holiday Bowl, so Texas certainly belonged in the Rose Bowl. How about those ags? Getting POUNDED by Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl 35-7.

If I'm not mistaken, atm has about a .500 record at pyle in the last four or five years, so how is that stadium intimidating? And yes, I've been to games at pyle and wasn't really impressed with the "spirit of aggyland".

Uh, you might want to learn some history. Texas won the first Big 12 championship AND Mack has beaten Stoops since he got there.

I look for a very close game with Ohio State, so we'll see. If Texas can get by OSU and OU, lookout.

Keep it coming Fat, you'll only continue to show your ignorance, lol.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Banned

We had are ups and downs last year. But this year, I think the big 12 south is going to be pretty strong overall. What does everyone else think?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Spazdout
you are right, mmiller isn't even a longhorn, never attended.
i get the most flack from their fan base not the students, that are longhorns.

Well thats 11-4 in the 80's to early 90's

gotta love when football season is starting up....
hopefully the threads stay this civil through the season.
Spazed, and your point is what? That makes me a lesser fan because I don't have a diploma from Texas? Sorry, but I don't need yours or anyone's permission to be an avid fan of UT. I've been a huge Longhorn fan all of my life. Always have been, always will be. atm also has fans that didn't attend school there either. I don't see what the big deal is.

How convenient that you only selected a time period when atm was successful in a very weak SWC and when Texas went through their worst period in football ever. All of that and the ags still had to cheat to win. Why not include the entire series history, since you guys are the self proclaimed traditionalists and historians? You do that and you get 71-34-5. Total domination, not to mention six wins in a row by Texas!

Football season can't get here soon enough. I just like to rib the ag fans because most of them take atm and themselves waaaayy too seriously, so its fun to watch them get their underwear in a knot over a little good natured ribbing. It'll be fun to see how both Texas and atm's season play out.

Go Horns!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Launching!

I just like to rib the ag fans because most of them take atm and themselves waaaayy too seriously, so its fun to watch them get their underwear in a knot over a little good natured ribbing. It'll be fun to see how both Texas and atm's season play out.

Go Horns!!
Ehhh, at least were not Tech who dosen't even have a real rival. It wouldn't be the same if A&M and Texas didn't do some **** talkin every now and then, and yes it should be an interesting season for both teams, GIG EM AGS.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by resurrectedz28
Ehhh, at least were not Tech who dosen't even have a real rival. It wouldn't be the same if A&M and Texas didn't do some **** talkin every now and then, and yes it should be an interesting season for both teams, GIG EM AGS.

You gotta hand it to Tech for once. At least they showed up for their bowl game last year. You gotta love a team who stomps the **** out of a PAC-1 team.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me ignorant? Sticks and stones Matt...

Apparently by depth and talent Matt means to say that Vince Young will win for UT on his own

Like I said, we can talk after Ohio State
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Texas Director

Fat please. Don't tell me that you seriously think that Reggie McNeal is better than Vince? Reggie is good, but not in Vince's class. VY can take a game over by himself. Ask Michigan. They're still having nightmares trying to tackle him in the Rose Bowl.

Three-deep at every position, Texas has loads more talent than atm. I'm not saying that aggy hasn't recruited decently over the last couple of years, they have, but they've still got a long way to go as a program to catch up to the Horns. The proof will be seen on the field and so far aggy has nothing to brag about.

I think Texas and OSU will be a very good game, one of the best in 2005. Hopefully the Horns will win. I'll be here win or lose. Will you if UT beats the Buckeyes? So, lets do talk after the Ohio State game.

Oh, and lets also talk after the Clemson, Tech, OU, and Texas games as well, not to mention a roadie or two mixed in that Fran will undoubtedly lose along the way. Realistically atm could be 7-4, 6-5 or worse and still be a better team than they were last year. My prediction is 6-5. So far Fran has had a major blunder in each of his first two years. 77-0 to OU the first year and the Baylor loss last year (I still get a chuckle out of that one). I wonder what he'll do this year to top those two?

My thought also is that Franocchio is atm's John Mackovic. I don't think he fits the overall aggy mold/mentality thing like Sherrill and Slocum did. He's not real personable or dynamic and is kind of aloof. If that proves to be the case its going to set the football program back years and will take a long time to recover and rebuild after the ags realize he's not the guy and have to fire him. Believe me, lots of Longhorn fans can relate to having the wrong guy plugged into a program and what it can do negatively long-term.

You can make fun of Mack all you want, but Texas has had a very successful run in football and its to his credit for that success. Be honest and tell me you or any other ag wouldn't trade places with Texas right now with the success they've had in not only football, but the overall athletic program.

I can appreciate the ags optimism on the upcoming year, but you guys ought to temper it because I'm afraid the reality is that the atm is looking at 6-5 or at best 7-4, and you're setting yourselves up for a big disappointment.

I'm just glad football season is almost here!

Last edited by mmiller; 08-09-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Ginger Hater

Spazed, and your point is what? That makes me a lesser fan because I don't have a diploma from Texas? Sorry, but I don't need yours or anyone's permission to be an avid fan of UT. I've been a huge Longhorn fan all of my life. Always have been, always will be. atm also has fans that didn't attend school there either. I don't see what the big deal is.
You don't need any permission to be a fan of anyteam, just the point that i get ribbed by more people that never attended the university than actual attendees.

How convenient that you only selected a time period when atm was successful in a very weak SWC and when Texas went through their worst period in football ever. All of that and the ags still had to cheat to win. Why not include the entire series history, since you guys are the self proclaimed traditionalists and historians? You do that and you get 71-34-5. Total domination, not to mention six wins in a row by Texas!
I picked that time frame b/c that is the time frame you chose with the whole scandals thing. If we want to talk a/b scandals we can sure find some at good ole tu as well, on the field and off.

Football season can't get here soon enough. I just like to rib the ag fans because most of them take atm and themselves waaaayy too seriously, so its fun to watch them get their underwear in a knot over a little good natured ribbing. It'll be fun to see how both Texas and atm's season play out.

Go Horns!!
Some Aggies are like that, some are not. both teams have alot of promise this season. theres a couples teams i'd like to see lose, and i don't have to remind you of one of them.

Funny story: Picked up a guy at my work. Taking him back to my office, i come to find out he's a longhorn fan, held season tickets for 20yrs before moving to brazil. in the convo we had, we got on the subject of the rivalry. and i asked him what he thought of tech. he answered with, "You know, between A&M and Texas, its a tradition to hate each other. However, between Texas and Tech or A&M and Tech, its just flat hatred, there has never been a school as pompous as that, or with a coaching staff(across the board) that is so dependent on alcohol."
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned

C C Can't we all just get along???

Old 08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fat please. Don't tell me that you seriously think that Reggie McNeal is better than Vince? Reggie is good, but not in Vince's class. VY can take a game over by himself. Ask Michigan. They're still having nightmares trying to tackle him in the Rose Bowl.

Three-deep at every position, Texas has loads more talent than atm. I'm not saying that aggy hasn't recruited decently over the last couple of years, they have, but they've still got a long way to go as a program to catch up to the Horns. The proof will be seen on the field and so far aggy has nothing to brag about.

I think Texas and OSU will be a very good game, one of the best in 2005. Hopefully the Horns will win. I'll be here win or lose. Will you if UT beats the Buckeyes? So, lets do talk after the Ohio State game.

Oh, and lets also talk after the Clemson, Tech, OU, and Texas games as well, not to mention a roadie or two mixed in that Fran will undoubtedly lose along the way. Realistically atm could be 7-4, 6-5 or worse and still be a better team than they were last year. My prediction is 6-5. So far Fran has had a major blunder in each of his first two years. 77-0 to OU the first year and the Baylor loss last year (I still get a chuckle out of that one). I wonder what he'll do this year to top those two?

My thought also is that Franocchio is atm's John Mackovic. I don't think he fits the overall aggy mold/mentality thing like Sherrill and Slocum did. He's not real personable or dynamic and is kind of aloof. If that proves to be the case its going to set the football program back years and will take a long time to recover and rebuild after the ags realize he's not the guy and have to fire him. Believe me, lots of Longhorn fans can relate to having the wrong guy plugged into a program and what it can do negatively long-term.

You can make fun of Mack all you want, but Texas has had a very successful run in football and its to his credit for that success. Be honest and tell me you or any other ag wouldn't trade places with Texas right now with the success they've had in not only football, but the overall athletic program.

I can appreciate the ags optimism on the upcoming year, but you guys ought to temper it because I'm afraid the reality is that the atm is looking at 6-5 or at best 7-4, and you're setting yourselves up for a big disappointment.

I'm just glad football season is almost here!
How can you say Reggie is not in the same class as Vince? Have you taken a look at the stats lately?

Career Stats:

Vince Young: 3004 Passing yards/18 Pass TDs/18 INT; 2007 rush yds/25 rush TDs.; 58.95% passing accuracy; QB rating: 129.5

Reggie McNeal: 5029 Passing yards/28 Pass TDs/14 INT; 1225 rush yards/12 rush TDs; 54.46% passing accuracy; QB rating: 143.6

How can you say that Vince is incredibly superior when the stats speak differently?

Three-deep at every position? Who does UT have as a running back other than the “glorified running back” Young? I can’t criticize UT’s defense even though you lost Derrick Johnson…then there is the offense, Vince Young’s accuracy is questionable, and where is your running back? He won’t be a Benson whoever he is…can you completely depend on Vince’s legs?

Why bitch about Mackovic? Unlike Mac, UT won their only Big XII game under Mackovic. With Mac you have won a lot of games but not the ones that matter. Ultimately, people don’t remember that you won 9 games a season. They remember when you consistently beat teams like OU, conference, and national championships….something Mac is yet not able to do.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I knew thats what this thread would turn into, lol.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

try and win a Big 12 Title first
How many national titles has EatmE won?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Ginger Hater

I can’t criticize UT’s defense even though you lost Derrick Johnson
Im glad he went to the chiefs.

I knew thats what this thread would turn into, lol.
Yea, this one has stayed quite civil. No ones been banned, niether has the thread been locked. but there chould be a good 5-6 of these threads through the next season.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Darkside
How many national titles has EatmE won?

We have won 1 and UT has won 2...unless you wish to count UT's 1970 UPI NC which IMO doesn't really count since they lost to Notre Dame that year...

Not much of a difference there so I don't see what your point is
Old 08-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Texas Director

How can you say Reggie is not in the same class as Vince? Have you taken a look at the stats lately?

Career Stats:

Vince Young: 3004 Passing yards/18 Pass TDs/18 INT; 2007 rush yds/25 rush TDs.; 58.95% passing accuracy; QB rating: 129.5

Reggie McNeal: 5029 Passing yards/28 Pass TDs/14 INT; 1225 rush yards/12 rush TDs; 54.46% passing accuracy; QB rating: 143.6

How can you say that Vince is incredibly superior when the stats speak differently?

Three-deep at every position? Who does UT have as a running back other than the “glorified running back” Young? I can’t criticize UT’s defense even though you lost Derrick Johnson…then there is the offense, Vince Young’s accuracy is questionable, and where is your running back? He won’t be a Benson whoever he is…can you completely depend on Vince’s legs?

Why bitch about Mackovic? Unlike Mac, UT won their only Big XII game under Mackovic. With Mac you have won a lot of games but not the ones that matter. Ultimately, people don’t remember that you won 9 games a season. They remember when you consistently beat teams like OU, conference, and national championships….something Mac is yet not able to do.
At this point in their careers of course Reggie is going to have the overall better total numbers because he's played one more full season than VY.

The most telling stat is winning games - VY is 21-4 vs RM's 17-19 record in games played.

As far as RB goes, Texas is set up very well there. With Selvin Young, Ramonce Taylor and Jamaal Charles. Benson will certainly be difficult to replace, but RB isn't going to be an issue for Texas. The biggest improvement will come at WR. Look for Texas to put up much better numbers this year with some unproven, but very talented receivers.

Texas has won some big games under Mack. Do you not consider wins over Nebraska, OU, KSU, atm, Cotton Bowl, Holiday Bowl, & Rose Bowl victories big wins? Whether you want to admit it or not, Texas is by far the superior football program, and light years ahead of atm as a total athletic program. Can you name me one series between UT and atm that the ags lead in? The current players on the football team have never lost to aggy, and probably won't as long as they are there. One thing about Mack is that he OWNS atm with a 6-1 record against the gomers!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

my thread was ruined just joking this is fun to read...i didnt know ppl got into it like this