97 WS6 or 98 Trans Am ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

LS1, or you will regret your purchase in a couple months when LS1s start cracking you at every redlight and on every freeway

Old 08-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LS1, or you will regret your purchase in a couple months when LS1s start cracking you at every redlight and on every freeway

Yeah and I guess he'll regret buying the LS1 when he gets smoked by an '03-04 Cobra, or any car thats faster???? I didnt regret buying my LT1, losing is just more of a motivation to do something.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

He might regret the LS1, nobody said he wouldn't. But, he would regret buying an LT1 just a little sooner!

my orange 99 SS went 12.8 @ 104 bone stock with 36K miles on it. No weight removed, stock SS tires, absolutely nothing done to it. How many LT1s run 12s stock?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
He might regret the LS1, nobody said he wouldn't. But, he would regret buying an LT1 just a little sooner!

my orange 99 SS went 12.8 @ 104 bone stock with 36K miles on it. No weight removed, stock SS tires, absolutely nothing done to it. How many LT1s run 12s stock?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

<- ran 13.0's w/ less than 300rwhp.. cold air and a cut out.

7 years ago! lol
Old 08-11-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Man opti spraks are so terrible, funny how my stock one lasted 9 years. The one on the car now has gone 3 years with out missing a beat. Half the people who go through Opti problems half *** installs, dont replace the complete unit or do other stupid things to cause them to fail. Theres cars with over 200K on stock optis. My buddies 94 has gone 90K on a stocker andthe car still runs raped. I love how people who dont have a damn clue run their mouths, half you never even owned an LT1 yet your running your mouths, because you heard from some one who heard from some one. Good job I love it how minute some one posts half you just start bashing on the LT1, did I bash on Ls1s at any point?

Last edited by Bizzzatch350; 08-11-2005 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:13 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Eithers a nice car, get which ever one you like more
Great to know how you feel
Yes Neil, thats how I feel. If you have a choice get the LS1. If money was tight then sure an LT1, but I would take an LS1 any day over the LT1.

Originally Posted by Saad06
well, the LT1 is more of a brute... and the LS1 is more refined... try them both out and decide...
LS1 = More power, period. Now if you're talking about a full out race car then yes it can be really either one. Put it this way, stock vs. stock, cam only vs. cam only, heads + cam vs. heads cam, etc... You get the point.

Originally Posted by meangreen94z
Optispark...yada...yada..yada. Funny my turd *** LT1 has 170,000+ miles, yet doesnt consume ANY oil Show me an LS1 that doesnt.

To each his own.
I'd rather drop a $2.50 (whatever) quart of oil in about every 2k miles then an Optispark around what $300+ about every year, and taking hours just to get to the damn thing. Or when your water pump goes out...please.

Originally Posted by meangreen94z
Yeah and I guess he'll regret buying the LS1 when he gets smoked by an '03-04 Cobra, or any car thats faster???? I didnt regret buying my LT1, losing is just more of a motivation to do something.
Or when the 03-04 Cobra gets beat by a C6 ZO6 huh?

But you'd be losing by more in an LT1! Again mod for mod LS1 is faster, you'd be really "motivated" then.

Yes to each his own, but as much of a PAIN IN THE *** Opti-CRAP really is, and lack of power the LT1 is no good IMHO. The cars are older worth a little less and so forth, my opinion is LS1.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate LT1's, just prefer the LS1's over them, and yes 03-04 Cobra's are sweet as well.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Saladbar
<- ran 13.0's w/ less than 300rwhp.. cold air and a cut out.

7 years ago! lol
Thats pretty damn good, was not 12's stock like a few LS1's have. Don't get me wrong, knowing what LT1's can and can't do that is a really good ET.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:18 AM

Man opti spraks are so terrible, funny how my stock one lasted 9 years. The one on the car now has gone 3 years with out missing a beat. Half the people who go through Opti problems half *** installs, dont replace the complete unit or do other stupid things to cause them to fail. Theres cars with over 200K on stock optis. My buddies 94 has gone 90K on a stocker andthe car still runs raped. I love how people who dont have a damn clue run their mouths, half you never even owned an LT1 yet your running your mouths, because you heard from some one who heard from some one. Good job I love it how minute some one posts half you just start bashing on the LT1, did I bash on Ls1s at any point?
Relax Neil, after seeing 1st hand watching alot of my friends burn through Optispark's like toilet paper gives me that opinion and thank god I never had Optispark car.
Not bashing your car just my opinion on which one to buy and WHY I would choose the LS1.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:19 AM

You dont hate on Lt1s, thats funny man. My current optis gone 3 years, no issues, stock one lasted 9. Far as water pumps, if you go to an Electric WP, you plug the weep hole, never have an issue with that again ever and you get better timing chain options. Like I said, half the problems are bad installs and people using shitty parts. If people would actually do the job right, the amount of problems you have goes down dramatically but they want reuse stock **** and they get problems. If I came in here bashing LS1s, I'm sure your post wouldnt be riddled with smily faces and cute puppies. I like Ls1, I like Lt1s, I just dont like people bashing and posting bad information. Where am I getting angry? Guess when I state my opnion, I'm getting mad.

Last edited by Bizzzatch350; 08-11-2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:49 AM

You dont hate on Lt1s, thats funny man. My current optis gone 3 years, no issues, stock one lasted 9. Far as water pumps, if you go to an Electric WP, you plug the weep hole, never have an issue with that again ever and you get better timing chain options. Like I said, half the problems are bad installs and people using shitty parts. If people would actually do the job right, the amount of problems you have goes down dramatically but they want reuse stock **** and they get problems. If I came in here bashing LS1s, I'm sure your post wouldnt be riddled with smily faces and cute puppies. I like Ls1, I like Lt1s, I just dont like people bashing and posting bad information. Where am I getting angry? Guess when I state my opnion, I'm getting mad.
I understand what you're saying and you're being defensive, I'm not bashing your car or LT1's, just WHY I would choose LS1.

As far as your optispark goes, it must be made by the hand of god, or a "factory-freak" because 99% of LT1 owners I know personally have had nothing but problems. Hell Thomas (1LSWON) is here, he had 2 LT1 Camaro's. One went through 10 in 3 years!!!
Now I've heard on the net, just and few times, about guys like you that have had them last. But knowing what I see 1st hand vs. what I read gives me my opinion.

Electric water pump is fine, as long as you don't pop a fuse and your car is toast quick. But that still does not eliminate the optispark. If optisparks are so good then why do some guys switch over to coil packs? I know they're expensive, but the cost of optisparks vs coil packs that most people go through, its worth it...oh and also time lost when the car is down changing them out, well not yours because you never had that problem! There's your smiley! lol

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 AM

10 in 3 years? I find that to be either bull **** or some one didnt know what they were doing, I have never heard of any LT1 going through that many ever. Most every one I know might be on there 2nd or 3rd in 10 year old cars with 100K+ miles on them. Theres plenty of opti cars in the 9s, untill the coil pack conversion stops relying on the optical portion of the opti, I wont get one. Nice to know god worked on my car though, glad you told me that

Last edited by Bizzzatch350; 08-11-2005 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:01 AM

10 in 3 years? I find that to be either bull **** or some one didnt know what they were doing, I have never heard of any LT1 going through that many ever. Theres plenty of opti cars in the 9s, untill the coil pack conversion stops relying on the optical portion of the opti, I wont get one.
Ask Joe how many he went through. At least one a year.

LS1's can have their downsides to Neil, but the lesser of 2 evils and the power of LS1's is what makes me choose one over the other. Now I do like LT1's, like Dave Lewis' Firehawk, Jordan Musser's Z28, just to name a few that are badass street cars, and of course Big Rick's nasty LT1. I do like them, I just preffer the LS1...oh and I still like yours too Neil, and I don't hate ya' bro your a cool **** man.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I do like them, I just preffer the LS1, still like yours too Neil, and I don't hate ya' bro your a cool **** man.

Peace,
Craig.

I have nothing against you either, far as using Joe as for any sort of referance though for any thing is a bit sketchy, I dont think that would hold up in any court, but hey hes your people now, I can safley say Lt1 folk no longer claim that one
Old 08-11-2005, 03:21 AM

For any one that thinks we hate each other

BaD LT1 93: we flame each other good, for some laid back ***** we can e-war like none other
crager: hahaha
crager: yes sir

Only person I hate is Big Bronco, cant stand that *** hat
Old 08-11-2005, 05:22 AM
9 Second Club

<<-------- Opticrap

I would say LS1 no question
Old 08-11-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would say LS1 for most of the reasons stated above.

Now as far as everyone bashing the opti, I got 96,000 out of the stock one in my Z28 (8 years) and 104,000 (10 years) out of the stock one in TA. You guys need to bear in mind that an opti is still a mechanical rotor assembly, not too many people would get that many miles out of a traditional cap and rotor. And I have to agree with Neil, most of the time when I see someone that goes through opti's, they didn't know what they were doing and basically ruined them before they really had a chance to work, or they wanted to go cheap and bought just a rebuild kit instead of a complete unit.

So again, spend the money, get the LS1, do a cam swap, get over 400rwhp, and have fun !

Tom
Old 08-11-2005, 08:10 AM
12 Second Club

if people complain about a damn OPTISPARK get a fuckign DYNASPARK..
i spent 600$ on something i knew can be drowned in water without fuckign up...

ive been through 2 stocker optisparks, but ive never had a problem with my DYNASPARK...i even clean my engine bay now with water hose...i know for sure you cant do that with a optispark!

now shhh...about the damn optispark!

LT1 still faster and sounds better!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

btw. ive had 2 pullied cobras turn me down racing this past wed and last night!

can u belive that NEIL..they didnt want to race my SLOW LT1
o they also said its not a fair race cause i have nitrous..........

lol i about laughed my *** off...i then said well wtf do u call a SUPERCHARGER?

i said my power adder vs. your power adder!

still said no and wanted to race that ricky guys 05 blue mustang
Old 08-11-2005, 08:15 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
now shhh...about the damn optispark!

LT1 still faster and sounds better!

As for my comment about the OPTICRAP.... THat was just personal opinion, I had two 96' Z28's (One mine and one wife's) and both of those POS's went in the same week.