Lake Summerville cruise (8-13) - Jet Ski races

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lake Summerville cruise (8-13) - Jet Ski races

Saturday morning we are gathering at 2920 and Mueshke at the Chevron station there and cruising out to Lake Summerville. All day Saturday and Sunday are jet ski races so we'll park by the water, get some photos of the cars and enjoy the sun and scenery.

Anybody up for that?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

Back to the top

Hoping for a fun day in the sun!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Who's racing? Pro or Am? Or just a bunch of friends playin around?

I got a few Honda turbo ski's I might drag out.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ContractKiller
Who's racing? Pro or Am? Or just a bunch of friends playin around?

I got a few Honda turbo ski's I might drag out.
Good question, let me check that out and I'll post back.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have a nice crowd going? Not that it matters, just currious. I need to meet some of you guys. I've been on this board for a long time and have only been on two outings! Once at Oskar's house and once on a cruise to sommerville.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Have to work Saturday till 10 a.m. but would like to hook up later at the lake. Which park?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

I believe it is Welch Park, you go over the dam and take the left in the fork and it is at the bottom you go through a little gate and we are hoping to go to the left of that little "gate shack". I'll double check tonight on the name of the park tonight and will post up tomorrow.

Yes come down when you can and join up with us!

We hopefully will have at least six cars, some may not be LS1's, we have another "cruise club" that we are in and one drives an old Comet and there is an older truck that cruises and so on.

My cell is 281-250-0450 if you get down there and can't seem to find us.

ContractKiller: I've not been able to determine what kind of races these are but I do know they are going on all day Saturday and Sunday so bring 'em, you never know.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow Kim, I didnt recognize the screen name., It's Kevin, used to have the Red 4.6 mustang that used to go beltway bombing with you guys. Saw ya'll at Nicks wedding but didnt get a chance to stop and say hello. I might be able to make it sunday, unfortunatly, I have to hold down the fort at work Saturday.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IRace2ChevyII
I believe it is Welch Park, you go over the dam and take the left in the fork and it is at the bottom you go through a little gate and we are hoping to go to the left of that little "gate shack". I'll double check tonight on the name of the park tonight and will post up tomorrow.

Yes come down when you can and join up with us!

We hopefully will have at least six cars, some may not be LS1's, we have another "cruise club" that we are in and one drives an old Comet and there is an older truck that cruises and so on.

My cell is 281-250-0450 if you get down there and can't seem to find us.

ContractKiller: I've not been able to determine what kind of races these are but I do know they are going on all day Saturday and Sunday so bring 'em, you never know.
Which car(s) are you going to bring out?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

A gent I work with who lives in Somerville told me that on Saturday they're racing jet ski's and Sunday they're racing tri-hull boats. He also says Welch Park by the dam is the place. I have some other commitments but hope to be able to blow them off to meet some of ya'll!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Kevin!!!! I told Chris that I recognized you and had to ask Nick who you were and how I would know you. He explained but by that time you had already left the wedding.

So far we'll have the Vette, Chris's Camaro, Lisa in a Z28, John in a Mustang (hon if you could fill in the year please), Steve (HS bud of Chris's) not sure what he is driving, Jim and Beth in a Z06......those are confirmed shows.

We are meeting at the Chevron at 9 and will roll out at 9:30. (Reminds me of the midnight meetings at Starbucks and rolling out at 12:30 )

Again bring what you want to eat and drink. We plan on parking out there all day so those who can't make the initial cruise caravan come out when you can. We chose Saturday to go so Sunday we can do the "honey do's" around the house before going back to work on Monday
Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

TTT, I think John's Stang is a 96 or 97.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Teching In

I am going on this cruise and I would like to me some more people on this board also, so come on out!
Attached Thumbnails Lake Summerville cruise (8-13) - Jet Ski races-lisacamaro3-3-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Well hello there Lisa!!!!!

I just emailed you, Chris and I are going to be cleaning up the cars tonight if you want to come over.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

I'm going to be going home soon (no internet connection at home because it is hooked up to the XBox for LIVE) so I just wanted to put this at the top and hope that ya'll (everyone welcome) come out tomorrow morning!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Man, that sounds like a blast. To bad I have already planned my own cruise.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

I'm going to be going home soon (no internet connection at home because it is hooked up to the XBox for LIVE) so I just wanted to put this at the top and hope that ya'll (everyone welcome) come out tomorrow morning!
Get a router! I have a Linksys wireless router and have 5 systems connected through my one Internet connection, and very soon an XBox360, too. No excuse!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

I had a wonderful time out at Sommerville! It was nice meeting everyone there! Even though we had to cut the visit short because of the storms, it was still a fun event. I hope to do it again with y'all. If anybody has some pictures please post them! Good seeing everybody, thanks again!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Jeff, Chris posted up the pics this morning. Try this link:
http://community.webshots.com/album/100191884dXyXEr
On the left he's got the Summerville pics!

Wish you could have come back out with us, Chris, Lisa and I terrorized the streets and freeways for a bit Saturday night
Old 08-15-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Jeff, Chris posted up the pics this morning. Try this link:
http://community.webshots.com/album/100191884dXyXEr
On the left he's got the Summerville pics!

Wish you could have come back out with us, Chris, Lisa and I terrorized the streets and freeways for a bit Saturday night
I should have! I stood in my dining room for 15 minutes arguing with myself back and forth, "I'm going to go... No it's too far... What else do I have to do... No it's too far... But you get to drive fast with other fast drivers... No it's too far...", etc, etc... So the "No it's too far" voice won that argument . I really appreciate the hospitallity you showed me at the lake though. Y'all are a swell bunch of folks! The pics look GREAT! good job Chris!

Quick Reply: Lake Summerville cruise (8-13) - Jet Ski races