Fellowship Community Church...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fellowship Community Church...

Anyone here go? We just had a speaker from Fellowship come a couple weeks ago. Excellent speaker. Just wondered if there were any members on here. Said they average 30,000 people.....
Old 08-21-2005, 11:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I went inside a church for 4mulaJoes wedding, I felt a little hot. Its amazing though how large churches have become, I think the message is a lot more positive, I do actually like listening to them speak because it puts things in context of daily life. Not bannishing every one do the depths of hell, that was my big problem with churches before.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silent but Violent
Anyone here go? We just had a speaker from Fellowship come a couple weeks ago. Excellent speaker. Just wondered if there were any members on here. Said they average 30,000 people.....
do you remember his name?

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Not bannishing every one do the depths of hell, that was my big problem with churches before.
yikes, what was the denomination you were going to before.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

His name was Tracy Barnes. He came to New Spring Community Church here in Anderson SC....
Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That church is litterally a mile from my house. They do have 30,000 people. You should see the traffic on sunday morning and sat night its crazy.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
do you remember his name?

yikes, what was the denomination you were going to before.
he went to a baptist church! that's probably what the prob was. cause baptist say you can't dance cause it's SIN. and at church camps the guys and gurls can't swim together and all this other rediculous stuff.... Disciples Of Christ is the best! TCU is based off that denomination
Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fundamendalist baptist big difference between thoose crazies and regular batists. kinda like a jihad man and the muslims.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spenser309
fundamendalist baptist big difference between thoose crazies and regular batists. kinda like a jihad man and the muslims.
Yeah there is a huge diffrence between the two.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
L?1
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Not bannishing every one do the depths of hell, that was my big problem with churches before.

Lol. Some people like to twist the scriptures or teach things that are not really in the Bible. The Bible (a true, and accurate translation) actually does NOT say people will go to hell and burn.... It does say the wicked will be destroyed, but not burn in hell.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Spenser309
That church is litterally a mile from my house. They do have 30,000 people. You should see the traffic on sunday morning and sat night its crazy.

Sweet! I bet the traffic is insane. Heard lots of great things from there....
Old 08-23-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its a place to avoid when everyone leaves. I've been to church there once or twice and its about an hour or two to get out of the parking lot.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
he went to a baptist church! that's probably what the prob was. cause baptist say you can't dance cause it's SIN. and at church camps the guys and gurls can't swim together and all this other rediculous stuff.... Disciples Of Christ is the best! TCU is based off that denomination
im a Baptist, and im not like that. i know some that are, but there are people like that in every denomination. some churches just dont teach things properly, and generations become misinformed. it happens in all sects. of all the churches ive visited i find that the Baptist ones are actually usually the most grounded, and stick to the strictest interpretations of the Bible.

Originally Posted by L?1
Lol. Some people like to twist the scriptures or teach things that are not really in the Bible. The Bible (a true, and accurate translation) actually does NOT say people will go to hell and burn.... It does say the wicked will be destroyed, but not burn in hell.
what would you call the true and accurate translation? because we must be reading different Bibles. hell is mentioned, and it says the wicked will go there.

MATTHEW 25:41
"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

LUKE 16:19-26
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."

both are talking about hell, and man being cast there.
its usually the extremists and the cults that try to pass off that hell either isnt a real place, or just not a permanent one.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

im a Baptist, and im not like that. i know some that are, but there are people like that in every denomination. some churches just dont teach things properly, and generations become misinformed. it happens in all sects. of all the churches ive visited i find that the Baptist ones are actually usually the most grounded, and stick to the strictest interpretations of the Bible.

what would you call the true and accurate translation? because we must be reading different Bibles. hell is mentioned, and it says the wicked will go there.

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."

its usually the extremists and the cults that try to pass off that hell either isnt a real place, or just not a permanent one.
Well said...
Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
The C in TCU is just for decoration, the university severed its christian ties back in the 70's.

and not all baptist churches are like this. look at fellowship church in grapevine, they have a baptist b/g.
btw pentecostal churches are more strict.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Excellent response. Just to add to this that scripture also says in Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 3:23 says For ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

So, as much as I dont agree with the way alot of messages have been delivered in the baptist denomination over the past, the Bible clearly says that if we do not accept Christ as our saviour, our eternity will be spent in Hell. The beauty of the gospel is Jesus Christ loves us and came to offer Salvation to the world through his death on the cross, not to bring condemnation to the world. As the verse in my sig says:
Jesus said unto them, I AM the way, the truth and the life, NO MAN comes unto the father (or gets to Heaven) BUT BY ME.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCVT
Excellent response. Just to add to this that scripture also says in Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 3:23 says For ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.

So, as much as I dont agree with the way alot of messages have been delivered in the baptist denomination over the past, the Bible clearly says that if we do not accept Christ as our saviour, our eternity will be spent in Hell. The beauty of the gospel is Jesus Christ loves us and came to offer Salvation to the world through his death on the cross, not to bring condemnation to the world. As the verse in my sig says:
Jesus said unto them, I AM the way, the truth and the life, NO MAN comes unto the father (or gets to Heaven) BUT BY ME.

the Bible is full of references to hell. maybe he was just reading cliffnotes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 AM
L?1
Teching In

See , that's exactly what I mean.

Some bibles do say hell, but the original words were the Hebrew word SHEOL and the GREEK word HADES.

Ecclesiastes 9 :5,10 says : The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all

How can someone burn in hell which would be painful ,if they are conscious of nothing.

Psalms 146.4 says: His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground, in that day, his thoughts do perish.

If you have no thoughts how can you be tormented in hell.

Some bible translators use Hell where the words hades, and sheol were in the original writtings. Sheol or hades represent the common grave of mankind. If the original writtings say hades and sheol, isn't that what we should use ? That's what i mean by ACCURATE translation.

There is also the word gehena which means eternal destructon. Again some use hell here also , but the original writtings did not say hell.

"Much confusion and misunderstanding through the early translators of the Bible persistently rendering the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades and Gehena by the word hell. The simple transliteration of these words by translators of the revised editions of the Bible has not sufficed to appreciably clear up this confusion and misconception" - The Encylcopedia America. 1942. Vol XIV p.81

The King James version rendered she'ohl as hell, the grave and the pit. Hai'des is therin rendered both hell and grave. Ge'hena, is also translated hell. Thus the exact meanings of the original language words have been obscured.

Last edited by L?1; 08-25-2005 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:35 AM
L?1
Teching In

Remember, I said an ACCURATE translation. What Bible do you use.

The Bible was written as we know in the languages or Hebrew and GReek.

The OLD testament is as many know is called the Hebrew scriptures and the New testament is called the Christian GREEK scriptures. The hebrew word is SHEOL and the GREEK word is hades.

So if you use accurate translation you will use the words that are there (Sheol and HADES) and not something that was added later or substituted. I think you and me both agree that the Bible is God's word to man, so shouldn't we read it the way he had the writters write it , with accuracty. We all know sometimes one little word can make a BIG difference.

Early evidence of the fiery aspect of Christendom's hell is found in the religion of ancient Egypt. (The Book of the Dead 1960) Also gehena which represents eternal destruction was a outside the walls of Jerusalem. It was a place where dead animal bodies , as well as also bodies of exectued criminals that were considered not worthy of burial were thrown in there. Sulpher and brimstone were also added to it. This probably adds to the confusion regarding "burning in hell" since again some people use hell for Gehena. Which represents eternal destruction.

Last edited by L?1; 08-25-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i primarily use the KJV version of the Bible. and as far as translation, i think the perecentage i read was that it is something like 98% accurate, with that small percentage being that the original languages had more words meaning the same things. so the translators chose the "best" english word to fit.

now you are splitting hairs when you say that hell is not mentioned in the Bible, just because our english word isnt used in the original scriptures. hell is described pretty vividly, in many different places. do you not believe hell exists? and do you not believe there is great suffering there?

now im a little concerned with your quote here:
Ecclesiastes 9 :5,10 says : The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all
this is not meant to insult, but do you even know what Ecclesiastes is about? this is Solomons testimony/philosophy of his own life. this is not the word of God, reffering to there being no pain and suffering after death. this is merely solomon, with God's inspiration, trying to use his mistakes in life to relate to others to help them. if this was God's word, this would be a great contradiction to the many places where hell is described, with suffering. and to clarify, there are NO contradictions in the Bible. these are solomons words, and they do not pertain to the afterlife. he was merely relating the fact that the rich, smart, poor, honest, dishonest, all suffer the same fate-death. it doesnt matter how great or lower class you are, it happens to everyone.

and this one is a little perplexing as well.
Psalms 146.4 says: His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground, in that day, his thoughts do perish.
this says that the SPIRIT(thats the soul) leaves the body and thoughts perish. without the spirit, the body does not have any conciousness, thoughts, or mental process. this passage is reffering to the body, not the soul.

seeing what you have written here, i am now very interested in what your personal beliefs are. you say you know that the Bible is God's word to man, but we definitely dont see eye to eye on anything, as of yet.

if you care to share anymore, i promise i will not personally attack you, because your beliefs are your own and nothing i do can change that. but i may be inclined to challenge, no disrespect intended.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Take it easy you two. Don't take this off track. This was a decent thread about a specific church. Keep this up and this thread will go away in a heartbeat. I realize you aren't attacking eachother but this isn't a religious forum. Take it to email if you want.