People in Cypress area inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default People in Cypress area inside

Ok, my husband and I will be buying our first home here in the next 6-9 months and this is one area we are considering the most based on just the general feel of the area (drove around 2 or 3 times), my research of the schools (have a daughter who will be starting Kindergarten fall '06), and the availability of houses in the area in our price range as compared to Deer Park (where we are now) and Pearland (another place we considered).

For those that live there my questions are:
1. what neighborhood do you live in?
2. how long have you lived in the Cypress area?
3. how do you like it (people, area, traffic, etc)?
4. if you do have any children in schools there (especially elementary) what is your opinon of those schools or Cy-Fair ISD in general?

Anything else you want to throw in feel free to.

If anyone knows a good realtor in the area or just any good advice in gerernal I'd appreaicte knowing that too.

If anyone doesn't want to reply here then please PM me.

The main neighborhoods we have looked it is Cypress Point, Fairwood, & the older part of Fairfield. Another one I have looked at but the schools aren't as great as the others mentioned is Bonaire. Even if know one lives in these particular ones but knows about them please tell me as many details as you can.

Ok, that's it. Sorry so many questions, just need all the info I can get.

-TIA-
Old 08-23-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in Fairfield .
I have lived in Fairfield for 4 years, I'm currently selling my home . I really like Fairfield because it's quiet. (until I start my car )
My kids are in Ault elementary. Really impressed with the school .
The people are very friendly & the traffic depending if you have to drive into the city pretty much sucks . Thats anywhere though.
Hope that helps.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MRI-TEK
I live in Fairfield .
I have lived in Fairfield for 4 years, I'm currently selling my home . I really like Fairfield because it's quiet. (until I start my car )
The people are very friendly & the traffic depending if you have to drive into the city pretty much sucks . Thats anywhere though.
Hope that helps.
Could you PM me the MLS# on your house so I can look up the info?

Also what are you taxes and HOA dues there?

Thanks!

-Lynda-
Old 08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

This are on the NW side is great! Quality schools, neighborhoods, etc. I live in Willowlake off of West Rd and Beltway 8. I went through Jersey Village High School. The elementary schools are very nice. Cy-Fair is a HUGE district and one of the best in the state. You can not go wrong over here.

Where exactly in the Cypress Area have you been looking. My mother has been a Bus Driver for Cy-Fair I.S.D. for over 18 years now as well
Old 08-23-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MRI-TEK

Hope that helps.

Rob, Mrs. Ault was the Principal of my Elementary school WAY back in the day. WONDERFUL lady!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Yeah, cypress is a good area, but it is developing fast. If you look at getting land out there make sure to check it out after it rains, all of the new neighborhoods are raised up a good 4 ft. and we almost got owned last time it rained (weve got 5 acres close to cypress mills). I wouldn't reccomend anyting to close to big or little a cypress creek, but it looks like your planning on a neighborhood so you should be fine. No more fires for the last 4 years or so either (anyone else remember those?).
Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Where exactly in the Cypress Area have you been looking. My mother has been a Bus Driver for Cy-Fair I.S.D. for over 18 years now as well
Off 290 from Huffmeister to Mason Rd. I know Cy-Fair ISD extends farther but when looking up the information on the schools the ones (Elementary) that top the list are: Sampson (Coles Crossing), Copeland, Hamilton, Ault, Farney, & Robison.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I live at 1960 and eldridge, or 290 and 1960, or 290 and eldridge, whatever you want to refer to it as. Ive been in public school since around 3rd grade and now im almost 20 and when I look back at it, I liked my elementry school (emmott), and if I had kids id send em there, cant say the same about my jr high (campbell) and then went to high school with a lot of rich kids (cy-falls). With most of the schools in the district they all have some kind of recognition (sp) and the ones that dont thoes are the ones to stay away from.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

MLS# 6814280
Taxes are around/ 6000.00
HOA - around / 740.00
Originally Posted by CamaroCain
Could you PM me the MLS# on your house so I can look up the info?

Also what are you taxes and HOA dues there?

Thanks!

-Lynda-
Old 08-23-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

We live in Riata Ranch. Barker Cypress and 290. We're just on the south side of 290 from Coles Crossing, after Stonegate. Been here six years now. We really enjoy it. Looking to move soon. Probably just down the street to Copper Lakes. Wife wants a bigger house. Thats what I get for being in the home building industry.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I wasn't planning on announcing it yet, but My wife and I sign papers on our new house Sunday afternoon. We're getting a new home built off of Cypress-Rosehill / 290 area. Village of Cypress lakes. From what I've seen around the neighborhood, its very new, with young familes. It's more of a First-Time buyers type of House. Not too big, not too small, just perfect for your starting family. The sales team out there is very knowegable, and over half of them live in the neighborhood as well. We're getting a house built by Lake Ridge Builders. They are a sister company to about 6-7 other builders. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, just perfect for what I was looking for in a house. It's still in cy fair district, with cy fair being the high school, which is where i went (very high skilled, unless your lazy like i was, and slept alot ).

But overall, I'm pleased with my purchase, they have a few perferred lenders, one of which I went through (Market Street Mortgage), where the staff was MORE than helpfull, and awnsered every last question I had, even the stupid ones.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ContractKiller
Well I wasn't planning on announcing it yet, but My wife and I sign papers on our new house Sunday afternoon. We're getting a new home built off of Cypress-Rosehill / 290 area. Village of Cypress lakes. From what I've seen around the neighborhood, its very new, with young familes. It's more of a First-Time buyers type of House. Not too big, not too small, just perfect for your starting family. The sales team out there is very knowegable, and over half of them live in the neighborhood as well. We're getting a house built by Lake Ridge Builders. They are a sister company to about 6-7 other builders. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, just perfect for what I was looking for in a house. It's still in cy fair district, with cy fair being the high school, which is where i went (very high skilled, unless your lazy like i was, and slept alot ).

But overall, I'm pleased with my purchase, they have a few perferred lenders, one of which I went through (Market Street Mortgage), where the staff was MORE than helpfull, and awnsered every last question I had, even the stupid ones.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Sending PM
Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Stay away from Bonaire!!! There are A LOT of trashy people in there, not to mention the druggies and such. It has really become a run down neighborhood over the years.

I actually live in the next neighborhood over from Bonaire, which is a one acre lot type neighborhood, you know, not too crowded and still not too big. It is directly across Cypress N. Houston from Wicks Sportsbar, the closest big intersection is Cypress N. Houston/Telge. There is no HOA, but that's fine by me. It doesn't really have a name, but the road is called S. Kolbe Rd. if you are interested in checking it out. All schools in the Cy-Fair ISD are exceptional, so anywhere in this area would be great if you have a young'n.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

We just moved into Cypress Mill Estates .. 290/Cypress Rosehill.. really nice area, lots of shopping that wasn't here a year ago. lots of houses in Cypress Mill for sale, plus the new houses being built @ Village, like ContractKiller mentioned.

school is very nice. Robison Elementary, with a new high school being built,(might be open this year, not sure)

I drive to downtown every morning .. leaving @ 5:30 .. drive is no big deal .. 35 minutes ,,

coming home, that is the pain .,., unless you use the HOV, it is 50 - 90 minutes..
Old 08-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

We also live at 290/Barker Cypress, in Coles Crossing. It's not a bad neighborhood, it's a bit cramped for our tastes, but the neighbors are ok with all the cars that we have (3 old ones, always outside working on them, etc.) I've lived here about 3 years, went through my senior year at Cy-Fair HS, pretty nice. Can't go wrong if you choose here.
My parents are looking at moving farther up 290, the 290/Mueschke (sp) area. Need more space for this car addiction we have.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Where is the new Spinallie (spelling?) Middle School? I know Robison is a good school and I know about the new Cy-Woods HS too.

Coles Crossing is a very nice neighborhood, drove through there many times. They have a lot to offer, especially for the kiddos, and the area is nice right around there with all the trees.

290/Mueschke on a couple acres?? I know where that is. Drove up around there to Scheil Rd (Spelling?) mainly dreaming at Lakes of Fairhaven and Saddle Ridge Estates. Hopefully we will be there someday, but right now just looking for a good starter home that I can live with for about 5 years.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Rob, Mrs. Ault was the Principal of my Elementary school WAY back in the day. WONDERFUL lady!
I really like that school that my children are in . They really take the time and patients to work with all the children.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you have a loud car though at times you have to watch out for state troopers out there from time to time.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Cy Fair school district has the best schools, teachers, academic and athletic programs, bar none. My children have thrived in their careers as students of Cy Fair. Stick with an area that includes Cy Fair and you'll be happy.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stang killer
If you have a loud car though at times you have to watch out for state troopers out there from time to time.
Unfortuneately we got rid of all those so we could afford to buy a house