Texas vs OSU predictions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Texas Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait for the myth that VY can't pass to be proven wrong this year. I'm not saying he's John Elway, but if teams stack the line and shut down the run, which I don't think they can do with Texas' O-line and talented running backs, Vince will hit David Thomas, Jordan Shipley, Quan Cosby, Tyrell Gatewood, Brian Carter, Limas Sweed, Nate Jones, Ramonce Taylor, and co.

Texas will have the most improved receiving corps in the Big 12 this year. I truly do hope that teams try and make Vince beat them with his arm. If they do they'll get burned.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

mmiller-don`t forget the running game. 418 yards last week. Only 49 was Vince running. You guys keep saying make him pass, he did with what 173 yards and 3 TD`s. Everyone keeps saying this. These boys can run the ball. You just wait and see!! GO UT!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mmiller
I can't wait for the myth that VY can't pass to be proven wrong this year. I'm not saying he's John Elway, but if teams stack the line and shut down the run, which I don't think they can do with Texas' O-line and talented running backs, Vince will hit David Thomas, Jordan Shipley, Quan Cosby, Tyrell Gatewood, Brian Carter, Limas Sweed, Nate Jones, Ramonce Taylor, and co.

Texas will have the most improved receiving corps in the Big 12 this year. I truly do hope that teams try and make Vince beat them with his arm. If they do they'll get burned.
I havent watched Young yet this year but.......
throughout his carreer Royal stadium has a collective sigh of relief on many occassions with Vince throwing the ball. Not quite as bad as it was with Simms though. That being said he certainly has the arm and talent to throw the ball no doubt, if he has attained the maturity against a great team remains to be seen.... HOOK EM Personally I dont think they are going to have to pass much.....
Old 09-07-2005, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Whoa are you kidding It was Lousiana La Fayette!!! I doubt they have a dangerous secondary! This will be a good test. Also I forgot to mention in my other post that TU's kicking game is questionable but I'm sure they'll correct that before this game. I dont disagree with you that they are a good team and have plenty of weapons but dont forget who their opening game was againt; La Fayette. Enough said. I forgot to give my prediction in light of what I said I say Texas will PROBABLY win if they can stay focused and play all four quarters with as little mistakes as possible. It will be very close like i said.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Ask OU what it feels like to play a unranked team. Teams of that nature have a history of suprising teams sometimes! I agree they might not have played a great team. But they where able to see what they have and how it works together. Ask Michigan what it feels like! Good teams find ways to win. Texas is one of them!!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
Ted Ginn Jr.? Has everyone forgot about him? Heisman candidate from Ohio State this year...

close game but OSU takes this one from a cocky and unexpecting UT
LOL... cocky, how can you say that when UT has not said a thing or talked **** about tOSU, but yet, tOSU's defense is saying VY will be leaving not a hiesman canidate.... lol

it is great, you are to blind to see anything.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gipraw
The best player on the field will be a buckeye. Ted Ginn, Jr will be the most dangerous, explosive offensive player on the field, for either team.

I will be rooting for the Horns.
thanks for rooting for the horns!

but i do not agree w/ the first part.

VY will make Ted Ginn look like a girl, and w/ tOSU's lame line, our defense is going to run all over them.

my only worry is our special teams
Old 09-07-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just dont think you guys that arent avid Longhorn fans (which i understand why), but look at our backfield and O'line.

we have VY, which improved his passing game 200%. He is def. very acurate now, and has matured 987098234%. Vince looks at his options and finally has trained himself to run when he should (not like his first reaction like a year ago). Then, we have 4... FOUR bad *** running backs: Selvin, Ramonce, Charles, and Melton.

Right now, Ramonce Taylor plays wide out, w/ selvin in the back field, and in I formation, Melton at Full back. Leave a great play action/option( double or even triple), plenty of counters and reverses will be used too.

Our O'line will give plenty of time for passing and create many wholes. Plus our recievers are solid, Thomas, Shipley and Sweed. We have great all around game.

I think if we just come in strong and smart, and do not get caught up in penalties.

I already had my predictions for score in the first page..... thank you and Hook'em
Old 09-07-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

OSU 31 TU 10

Go Buckeyes! I hope it shuts up all these rediculiousl tea sippin homers on the board
Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by H/C LS6Z
OSU 31 TU 10

Go Buckeyes! I hope it shuts up all these rediculiousl tea sippin homers on the board

yep... that is what i thought
Old 09-07-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
my only worry is our special teams
Playing against a guy that averaged 25.6 yards per return, and a TD every 3.75 touches, that is a very big worry.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

this will be a hard nose old school game. ball control will determine who wins it. the team that does not turn the ball over and plays good special teams will win.

this is the second game of the year and neither team were tested in week 1. It's going to be a pick em game.......i say horns b/c there O line can probably handle defense in the country right now. that boads good for there running attack, which means ball/clock control.

it will be fun, no matter what school you support.

PS:
Go Bobcats in two weeks against the Aggies. At least Texas plays Division 1A schools.........leave it to A&M to schedule 1AA competition.
******* awesome.

Last edited by BlOWNSS; 09-07-2005 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

I think it will be a big defensive game. I will take UT 14-10
Old 09-07-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

joe baby, you know im in austin right?... hit me up
Old 09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Texas Director

OSU 31 TU 10

TU? What is TU? I assume you mean "The University".

Why are we "rediculiousl" tea sippin homers, lol? Last I looked this was Texas, not Oklahoma or some other second rate state. Nothing wrong with supporting the flagship university in the great state of Texas.

That said, this is an awesome matchup of two great teams with great winning tradition. This should be one of the best football college games in 2005.

Hook'em!

Last edited by mmiller; 09-07-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

OSU 31 TU 10

I didn't catch the sooner score last week, did they win?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATXCAMAROGUY
I didn't catch the sooner score last week, did they win?
No, the Sooners lost to TCU by a touchdown I think... HaHA!!

Hey, I am a DIE HARD LONGHORN fan... But, since I moved to Minnesota, alls I see up here is the gophers (Minnesota) and badgers (Winsconsin) football... So, Does anyone know if it is going to be on national TV?? If thats the case, then I should be able to watch it... Do you guys know what channel?

Oh Please let it be on national TV!!
Old 09-07-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
No, the Sooners lost to TCU by a touchdown I think... HaHA!!

Hey, I am a DIE HARD LONGHORN fan... But, since I moved to Minnesota, alls I see up here is the gophers (Minnesota) and badgers (Winsconsin) football... So, Does anyone know if it is going to be on national TV?? If thats the case, then I should be able to watch it... Do you guys know what channel?

Oh Please let it be on national TV!!

of course it will be, it is going to be one of the greatest games of the year BAR NONE, im sure abc or somebody... but it is a 8e. time, 7c
Old 09-07-2005, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
of course it will be, it is going to be one of the greatest games of the year BAR NONE, im sure abc or somebody... but it is a 8e. time, 7c
Yea, MN is in the same Time zone as Texas, just 1400 miles due north. Reason I am asking is I am suppose to work Saturday night and I might be to sick to go to work if the game is televised...
Old 09-07-2005, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Found it... Its going to be on ABC!

Quick Reply: Texas vs OSU predictions