00 Ws6 Vs. 02 Ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone knows that camaro's are extremely faster than trans ams out of the box...duh
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

well the ss has a ls6 intake that is why im positive. Mine didnt come with one either. Just get long tube headers and some lane true duals, and ull leave his *** in the dust. That is probably the best upgrade u can do right now with what u have. Then start doin other thing like cam, ported tb, and other stuff.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

well, ive asked around and everyone has told me to get a converter before i do anything that has to do with the exhaust. and as for the ls6 intake, im saving up some money to get one. cuz the way my budget is right now, my paychecks are gone before i get a chance to spend it on fun stuff like my car. does anyone know where i can buy an ls6 intake for a reasonable price in the houston area? do u think i would have a chance against my friend after i get an intake?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 AM
Launching!

www.installuniversity.com

instructions on free ram air mod, maf descreen and port/polish.

i haven't dont the throttle body, or egr mods.

with those 2 free mods, and a cutout, i ran a 13.1 @ 108. could've gone 12.9x, but i missed 3rd gear and still managed to pull that off.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Ughh...I thought the Flowmaster lost power on LS1's. Correct me if I am wrong. I am also going to back up what txhorns281 has said about a bigger wing. Will def help...just ask around Pep Boys.

Seriously though....LS6 intake and he doesn't have a Crapmaster exhaust.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hagarr
Ughh...I thought the Flowmaster lost power on LS1's. Correct me if I am wrong. I am also going to back up what txhorns281 has said about a bigger wing. Will def help...just ask around Pep Boys.

Seriously though....LS6 intake and he doesn't have a Crapmaster exhaust.
The Flowmaster doesn't lose horsepower, it just doesn't gain as much as the other well-known cat-backs like Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla, etc. I have mine on still because it came on the car and I have always liked the sound. It's not too loud, but loud enough to be heard compared to stock. I've gotten good compliments on the Flowmaster, but most people here hate it only because it doesn't gain the numbers like the others. I'm not all that concerned about 5-7 horsepower gain, but giving up sound quality and annoying drone. My future plans would be to get the GMMG catback, but that needs more green stuff.

The LS6 intake will help, but do all the free mods first. The pulley, LS6 intake, and less weight is giving him the advantage. I bought my LS6 intake new off Ebay for $225.00. Take a look - they're out there. Also, get the converter when you can. A4's are tough with a good converter. Lastly, a set of headers will help your cause. The best are Kooks or QTP, but they are really expensive. Used Hooker or SLP's will get you some good gains, but as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." The SLP's hang lower and are harder to install. The Hookers do not have a catted Y-pipe. Have fun modding and be safe racing your buddy on the street.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time you have a chance try to look at his oil filter. He probably has a K&N oil filter and that is why he is pulling you!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would take that flowmaster off...im pretty sure your losing power with that. then a stall would be very helpful
Old 09-14-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

if i remove the flowmaster, what other muffler would u guys recommend? remember the budget though. i need somethin that is aound the same price as a flowmaster.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SatanzWS6
if i remove the flowmaster, what other muffler would u guys recommend? remember the budget though. i need somethin that is aound the same price as a flowmaster.
simple man. Just get a slp loudmouth catback. Can pick up one used for about 150$-200. Then get a 3200 stall and leave his *** in the dust. A stall is the best mod by far for a auto car
Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

If your on a budget just get a cut out, they are cheap and loud. I had one it wasnt to bad. But deff. get rid of that flowmaster ****. People say its not that much of a difference, but once you start modding heavily, you'll loose more hp with a crappy exhuast. I mean its better than stock but, like I said start with headers. Pacesetters cost like 450$ and they are ceramic caoted. Then just run a cut out, Itll sound like **** but itll do the trick. But YES on the converter. Dont go small tho, youll regret it. Im going with a Fuddle 3600 stall. Then youll be rapin your buddy. An ls6 intake is good to have but for 300+ dollars you can get better things. But if you need an ls6 intake my buddy has one for $300 Lemme know.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

i already have a cutout and i love the way it sounds, but ive been hearing a lot of bad things about flowmasters on fbodys. i plan on swapping it for some true duals in the future. then it will sound and perform even better. but in the mean time, wut muffler should i get? im leaning more towards magnaflow, but i hear borla is pretty good too. any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

the ls6 intake will make a diff...