my roommate hit my car in driveway. refuses to pay, she CLAIMS she has no insurance..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my roommate hit my car in driveway. refuses to pay, she CLAIMS she has no insurance..

alright so i was sleeping monday night when my roommate ran inside and said my car alarm is going off, i run outside. she was backing up out of the driveway and scraped and dented my rear fender.. she said for me to go and find estimates the next day. so i did. one estimate was 857, i told her. she said she didnt have that kind of money. so i said ok, just give me 350 and we'll call it a day. she said, " i dont have 350." so i told her that her insurance will be paying for it. She as a 2003 mustang GT that shes paying payments on and a couple days ago me and her were talking about how much we are paying for insurance. she told me she was paying 140, but now shes saying that she doesnt have insurance. i called the cops. they couldnt even make a police report bc it was on private property. so they gave me some blue sheet of paper to send in to austin. she called her parents up and her dad was trying to kick me out of a house that i pay rent at,he said "move out and you guys can negotiate later" wtf is that? i want my car fixed, i dont want to leave and have her never pay for my car, ALSO, her dad told me "we're getting a lawyer and taking this to court so we can find out who is telling the truth and whos not, and whos right and whos wrong".. wtf?? she ran into my car, she hit my car, i was sleeping, she has admitted that she hit my car. so theres no discussion of whos telling the truth or not so anyways i called the cops AGAIN so they could let her and her family know that they cant kick me out, im leaving on friday tho, she can go suck a ball. i've tried to talk to her about negotiating payments or something and she wont even talk to me. she stays in her room and says that i have to write it down if i want her to read it. wtf is that. So i guess im going to use uninsured motorist, and HOPEFULLY she does have insruance and her insurance will have to pay and she will have to pay her deductible and her insurance will go up. if she doesnt have insurance i hope she wrecks her car.. shes always telling me she believes in karma.. well she hit my car, shes not paying for it.. i hope her car gets smashed and its her fault so she'll be out of a car and have to pay for someone elses car do you guys no if i send in that blue paper saying what happened and if i claim uninsured motorists if it will come up on carfax as an accident?

sorry about lack of punctuation etc
Old 09-28-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hate stupid people. She wouldn't be my roommate any more after that.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

That sure would be terrible if something catastrophic suddenly happened to her GT. Man what a shame that would be indeed.

Brad
Old 09-28-2005, 06:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

if she is cute, maybe you could just tax her *** for a year or so?

Sounds like you are screwed, especially if her Dad is your landlord. Also, if she is making payments on her car, then by law she has to have insurance on it. If not, her bank will repo the car if they do not see proof of insurance.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JackZ28
I really hate stupid people. She wouldn't be my roommate any more after that.
ya thats why im leaving, i was going to leave friday anyways(didnt even tell her, but my name isnt on the lease so i was just gonna leave )
Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, first since its only for 857 estimate, you could take them to small claims after you move out, hell you might even be able to get moving expenses since they are trying to evict you.
2nd. dont you have a contract with them to rent? if you do then they can't just evict you w/o a reason, and "b/c we don't like you", usually dosen't work.
3rd. file a claim with her insurance anyway, if she does have it then they will pay. if she dosent then she is an uninsured motorist and you can take them to court.
4th. this is optional, but I would bull the valves out of the valve stems on her car. I mean all 4, It won't destroy the tire, in fact they can be replaced, but the car has to be towed to a tire place, remounted and balanced etc... It dosen't cause any real damage (unless the moron drives on them). Just a big inconvience, like when she hit your car and made you move out.

Josh
Old 09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does she have a boyfriend? tell him she cheated on him with you then dent her car and call it a day
Old 09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Sabotage!!!!!!!!!! Who is the owner of the house? How is her dad going to tell you to leave unless it's his house? Can you evidentally prove it was her fault with photos and what not? If so there is small claims court but that hardly worth the $851 dollars. If she does not want to compensate for the damage she caused to your car, I would see to it she paid it out fixing her car *cough*Sabotage!!!!!!!!!!*cough*. Just my .02, otherwise I really dont think you can do **** about it. I would file that paper if you want to stay on the right side of it. There should be a way to get her ins. info, but Im not sure on this. I think she is lying about not having it though, what a str8 bitch.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
if she is cute, maybe you could just tax her *** for a year or so?

Sounds like you are screwed, especially if her Dad is your landlord. Also, if she is making payments on her car, then by law she has to have insurance on it. If not, her bank will repo the car if they do not see proof of insurance.
she= not cute
her dad isnt the landlord. he has nothing to do with the lease etc. he was just trying to kick me out and intimate me. and ya she is making payments on her car. but she said she cant "afford " insurance, bitch you just told me last weekend that you had insurance. who knows. she was trying to put it on me at first .. "you car was parked kind of diagonal" wtf? barely bitch. any one could drive past it. a different roommate parked DIRECTLY behind me one day about a week ago. and i was able to get out. i really do hope her believing in "karma" catches up to her
Old 09-28-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Does she have a boyfriend? tell him she cheated on him with you then dent her car and call it a day
ya she has a bf, i can only wish he would come up to me talking ****, he barely comes over tho, hes like 5'7 and a ***, she thinks its ok to just hit someone car and then not pay, **** i wish i had a shitty car that i could jsut bash in to her car all day in the driveway, the police wouldnt do **** since its on private property
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

it'd be a shame if her car got hit by a shopping cart really hard next time she goes to the store
Old 09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Why don't you just go kick the side of her door or fender and call it a day.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ

Thats what I'd do....

Hell where ya live at? I need some entertainment....
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Fo Sho that's how the fck I roll.... Pay back is a bitch...
Old 09-28-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude go buy some POS unregistered uninsured and absouloutley haul *** in reverse and slam into the rear of her car and say "well your car is kinda parked diagnoly and btw its not insured.. too bad its on private property " then laugh and walk away
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Dude go buy some POS unregistered uninsured and absouloutley haul *** in reverse and slam into the rear of her car and say "well your car is kinda parked diagnoly and btw its not insured.. too bad its on private property " then laugh and walk away

that would be ******* hilarious!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Mustang Moderator

**** in the tank of her toilet before you move out.

Then smash out all her windows, might as well toss in a match to do it in good.

Yes I do have some pent up anger haha
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

haha the last 5-6 posts are hilarious ^^^ i'll prob be down to do something once i move out, i'd get alot of satisfaction out of her car being fcked
Old 09-28-2005, 07:47 PM
12 Second SUV Club

how about frozen paintballs those always do the trick
Old 09-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Cut her brake lines and pull up a lawn chair and watch her take the first stop sign leaving or turn...Seriously though there has to be something you can do, dont let that bitch stick you with the bill.

William

Quick Reply: my roommate hit my car in driveway. refuses to pay, she CLAIMS she has no insurance..