Finally: TECH VS TEXAS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical aggies... always trying to boss people around from thier peanut gallery.. awwww isnt it cute.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone who thinks it'll be a blow-out is delusional or just letting their school spirit blind them! I love Tech with all my soul! But I know this is going tyo be one hell of a game.

You can bet UT isn't relaxed about this game. Tech wants it, and UT knows that. UT will be bringing everything they've got, as will Tech...both will need all that and more to pull the W!

I've got Tech by 3 in the final minutes of the game!!

WRECK 'EM TECH!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Leach is going to have to coach the game of his life, Hodges & Co. will have to play the games of their lives, and more than a little luck will be involved, but I think Tech can pull this one out. I don't think it'll be a blowout at all.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Not A V8
Anyone who thinks it'll be a blow-out is delusional or just letting their school spirit blind them! I love Tech with all my soul! But I know this is going tyo be one hell of a game.

You can bet UT isn't relaxed about this game. Tech wants it, and UT knows that. UT will be bringing everything they've got, as will Tech...both will need all that and more to pull the W!

I've got Tech by 3 in the final minutes of the game!!

WRECK 'EM TECH!
I think your the delusional one, UT wins by AT LEAST 2 touchdowns!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Texas Director

I will be laying a decent amount of $$$ on UT minus the points vs Tech. Texas has covered ATS in every game so far this season. One thing to remember, don't bet against Texas ATS in Austin!

Hook'em!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

The hit Dwayne Slay put on Kstate's QB, in case some of you missed it he has been doing this alot lately
----> http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

This game is #1 offense in the nation vs. #1 defense in the nation.....exciting stuff
Old 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by mmiller
Sorry, Jon but if I want to poke fun at the aggys I will. I don't need orders from you on what or what not to post on LS1Tech. If you guys wouldn't take yourselves so damn serious you could just laugh it off. Instead, any time something is mentioned about the infallable aggys y'all don't agree with you get your underwear all in a knot. I'm not trying to start a flame war. All I've posted is reality. Get over it!
If it did seem like i was giving orders, i'm sorry, but then again i never said you "had to" post what had to be posted or not, but i was making the point that in previous posts a/b the A&M/texas rivarly, that there has been those 2 points that i have presented.

And as your re-call i'm probably one of the "more" realistic people that post in those threads. I don't usually "get my underwear in knot" and i just let things roll as they are, which cause's me to get flack from other aggies, but i don't care.

-jon

**i will take it to pm's after this post.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Texas Director

Back to the Texas vs. Tech topic.

IMO Texas Tech is a pretty darn good team, but isn't a legitimate top ten team. They've beaten Florida Intl., Sam Houston State, Indiana State (two of those teams which are 1AA). This will be Tech's 2nd road game of the year. Their first was at Nebraska where they barely squeaked out a win on a very late TD score. Texas has road wins this year against a top ten Ohio State team (maybe the best team in the Big 10) and Missouri where they won impressively by 31. They also have blow out wins against Oklahoma (down year for them I know, but it was a HUGE win for Texas and Mack Brown) and a pretty good Colorado team. Colorado only has 2 losses this year, both on the road, to Miami, Fla. and Texas.

Texas rushes for 265 yards per game. Tech only rushes for 100 yards per game. In Tech's only road game against Nebraska they managed only 35 yards rushing. Tech moves the ball almost entirely through the air. However, Texas' stout defense is giving up only 147 yards passing per game and a very small 4.7 yards per pass. Granted they have not played any team with a passing attack like Tech's. The way to prevent Tech from posting a big score number is to keep the ball out of their hands and force them to punt a few times when they do have it.

Texas will be able to run the ball easily on Tech's defense which will keep their offense off of the field. They also will be able to slow down Tech's passing attack which will lead to a few punts and maybe a couple turnovers. Texas' offense shouldn't have a problem putting 40+ points on the board. The Horns are scoring 46 per game at home. Tech does not have a good defense. They allowed a horrible Kansas offense to get 17 and they gave up 31 to Nebraska's pretty tame offense.

Last year Tech hung 70 on Nebraska the week before the Texas game. They put up huge numbers and got tons of positive press and PR. Similar to this year when they hung 59 on Kansas State last week and generated lots of positive press and PR. With the game being played in Austin this year against a Texas team that is better than last years team on both sides of the ball that blew out Tech 51 - 21 in Lubbock you can see that Tech is in BIG trouble.

Vince Young is still in the Heisman race and this will be a big spotlight game for him to gather a few more votes, and needs a huge showing to keep up with USC's Leinart and Bush. Not to mention how big of a game this will be with ESPN's College Game Day crew coming to Austin.

For all these reasons and because Texas is a GREAT football team competing for a national championship this game shouldn't be close. Texas wins going away and on the road to the Rose Bowl.

Hook'em!

Last edited by mmiller; 10-18-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
Young is still in the Heisman race and will have a big spotlight game to gather a few more votes and needs a huge showing to keep up with USC's Leinart and Bush.
Are you serious?! There is no Heisman race after the ND/USC game...there is nothing Young can do to take the win from Bush or Leinart other than a win over USC (we all know USC will DESTROY UT). PERIOD. ITT is not a true top ten team so I do not see how that makes a win over them a spotlight game. A win over USC is his only chance and that is about as likely as OSU winning the Big12 this year

Maybe Mac can hang Young's runner up 2nd place Heisman win next to UT's 1970 UPI NC title and the Big12 champs runner up trophy
Old 10-18-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

people take college football way too serious
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

mmiller you love making fun of Aggies. What are you gonna do when the TU Gayhorns lose??? You can dish it but can you take it? And no the Aggies on here dont get their underwear in a knot but, when YOU are constantly talking **** what do you expect?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:35 AM
FormerVendor

I just wanted to subscribe to this thread to see what you boys thought about the upcoming game, im gonna stay out of the bickering

If any of you guys need go fast goodies, shoot me a PM and i'll get you a price
Old 10-19-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wreck 'em Tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
Are you serious?! There is no Heisman race after the ND/USC game...there is nothing Young can do to take the win from Bush or Leinart other than a win over USC (we all know USC will DESTROY UT). PERIOD. ITT is not a true top ten team so I do not see how that makes a win over them a spotlight game. A win over USC is his only chance and that is about as likely as OSU winning the Big12 this year

Maybe Mac can hang Young's runner up 2nd place Heisman win next to UT's 1970 UPI NC title and the Big12 champs runner up trophy
LOL you need to read more often, and get a dose of cold pizza or something... broden your horizons some wow
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Golden One
mmiller you love making fun of Aggies. What are you gonna do when the TU Gayhorns lose??? You can dish it but can you take it? And no the Aggies on here dont get their underwear in a knot but, when YOU are constantly talking **** what do you expect?

ROFL... TU GAYhorns?!?!! wow, seems like he got you riled up. Who are we going to lose too... sure as hell wont be aTm, and wont be tech, and espn has been saying if we were to play USC now, we should pull out the win.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zach@Texas-Speed
The hit Dwayne Slay put on Kstate's QB, in case some of you missed it he has been doing this alot lately
----> http://media.putfile.com/DwayneSlay

This game is #1 offense in the nation vs. #1 defense in the nation.....exciting stuff
I've been looking for this vid since monday.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
espn has been saying if we were to play USC now, we should pull out the win.
first of all you are not playing USC now so the statement is pointless...

Do you believe everything you hear on TV??! Take off the "burnt orange glasses" and stop sipping on the orange Kool-Aid...Texas will not beat USC. USC's college football reputation is 3 times the rep UT ever had or will...not an opinion but a fact. Twice the Heisman contenders playing this year including last years Heisman winner...UT has a glorified NFL receiver playing as QB

TV and magazines will want you to think UT has a chance...the buzz makes them money, but any serious football fan who knows half of what is going on in college football today knows UT's chances of beating USC are slim to none
Old 10-19-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your argument is hinged on historical data, PhatTA. This game is NOT about history, this game is about NOW.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Euclid
Your argument is hinged on historical data, PhatTA. This game is NOT about history, this game is about NOW.
"Twice the Heisman contenders playing this year including last years Heisman winner"

this is the present situation at USC...not historical data.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Texas Director

I love it when people are so envious and jealous of Texas that they lose all objectivity and open minded, rational thinking. aggy wants what Texas has so bad, but the reality is they've never had it and never will. Must suck to follow a$m's sports teams. So many aggys have to resort to hoping that other schools take care of business against their bigger and badder brother since they can't do it themselves in any competitve sport.

One other thing, KEEP FRAN!!! He's a better coach and recruits better than Mack Brown, right, lol?

GO ASTROS!!

GO COWBOYS!!