F*@k Yeah Stros

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005 | 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well like almost everyone else iam angry too that we lost the game, but theres still a 50/50 chance that we may pull out of this. Havent heard the fat lady sing yet. I remember back in 94 when the rockets we losing real bad and we were being called Choke city Then all of a sudden were were called Clutch City and they won the Championship. You just never know!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005 | 12:26 AM
Banned

Teams that win World Series' have clutch pitching

if we can't hold a lead, we can't consider ourselves World Series material, simple as that.

As bad as i want the Astros to win, and we still may, if Lidge continues to allow batters to make good contact when he has one job, and that's to not allow a big inning, we won't even entertain the thought of returning to Chicago to play more baseball.
Old 10-24-2005 | 12:26 AM
Banned

Also, for the second straight time Pettite has thrown an excellent game and been completely let down by our bullpen.

that's a damn shame, wasting great starting pitching in the World Series is an utter shame.
Old 10-24-2005 | 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup, thats correct Sir!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-24-2005 | 02:42 AM
Teching In

Even though the Astros lost it was a damn good game. No worries though I know they are gonna come back to kick Boston's *** at home!
Old 10-24-2005 | 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sschick01
Even though the Astros lost it was a damn good game. No worries though I know they are gonna come back to kick Boston's *** at home!
pause
Old 10-24-2005 | 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by sschick01

get back in the kitchen...
Old 10-24-2005 | 03:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blu98ta
They need to trade Brad Lidge. That is the 2nd time he has done that in the last 2 games he has pitched in.
brandon, wtf dude?!?!?!

the man has been the best closer in baseball for two seasons. somebody FINALLY gets a hit off him and u just jump ship?? i'm gonna kneecap u if i ever come back up to CS.

all i see is a bunch of bitching. it's not like the astros made it to the world series or anything. not like we're playing the AMERICAN LEAGE CHAMPIONS or anything. c'mon people, be realistic. did you think we were just gonna walk all over them??

the astros are still doing better offensively than they have been all season, so if the pitching can keep the Sox off the boards and the Astros can keep up the offense then..............well, it would be nice to win a few at least. i'm not throwing in the towel, but i'm more than just worried. it would be insane for them to pull it off.
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

1. Chicago has outplayed us. Plain and simple.

2. Brad Lidge should not be traded. If you say this or even think it, you are a large MORON!

3. That umpire turned a routine, easy call into what was possibly a game altering **** up. He is a douche bag. I truly believe (although his pitching wasn't looking all that great) Wheeler had Dye's number, and Dye knew it. He was having a bad at-bat and when the opportunity arrived, Dye weaseled his way on to first base.
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think they have out played us. They had a chance to walk over us in game 1 and they have done nothing impressive that I can see. They have had the advantage in numerous ways the last two games and hardly did a damn thing to show it. There has not been anything that I have seen that has seperated them from the Astros as a better team. I think Crede is a damn good 3rd baseman though.

As far as the ump... Looked to me like he closed his eyes when the ball was hitting the bat. Hard to call a game with your eyes closed. The Ump made several shady calls and I'd love to see him have to suffer for them somehow.
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
brandon, wtf dude?!?!?!

the man has been the best closer in baseball for two seasons. somebody FINALLY gets a hit off him and u just jump ship?? i'm gonna kneecap u if i ever come back up to CS.

all i see is a bunch of bitching. it's not like the astros made it to the world series or anything. not like we're playing the AMERICAN LEAGE CHAMPIONS or anything. c'mon people, be realistic. did you think we were just gonna walk all over them??

the astros are still doing better offensively than they have been all season, so if the pitching can keep the Sox off the boards and the Astros can keep up the offense then..............well, it would be nice to win a few at least. i'm not throwing in the towel, but i'm more than just worried. it would be insane for them to pull it off.
Sorry. I know I shouldn't have said that. I was really mad last night. I was just looking for someone to blame. They played a good game, with a couple of bad calls by the ump. Oh well, we will get them at home.

Ya I guess everyone forgot, Qualls gave up a grand slam in the 8th. He is just as much to blame. And wheller for loading the bases too.

Brandon
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

If we start blaming several people can we at least add the ump to that list?
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Time for a new avatar.

-Mike
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh. Let's also blame Biggio for not hitting and missing a pop-up which allowed a run to score.

Oh yeah! Let's also blame Berkman and Viz for hitting doubles to score 4 runs. They should have hit homers for a combined 6 runs.

Let's blame the entire team. Things aren't going well. I hate them now. I am not a fan of the Astros anymore (unless they win).
Old 10-24-2005 | 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

I just love it how Fox spends the money and time making fake movie trailers for the Chicago starting pitchers. WTF. It's like it always has been. 85% talk about the "popular" team, 15% about the Hillbilly Houston team.
Chicago doing well? - Let's suck their dicks on the air.
Houston doing well? - Let's talk about what Chicago did wrong to allow this 2nd rate team to do such a thing.
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I still like our chances at home with Oswalt on the mound. And maybe the fans' support will re-ignite the bullpen and get their heads on straight. It's a very real possibility that we will be down 2-1 in the series after tomorrow night, and if we can even things back up to 2-2 after Backe's start, we'll all feel better. However, what happens in game 5, when Rocket is supposed to start? Do we start Wandy "Pete Munro" Rodriguez? If so, that could get ugly, especially if the bullpen has to put in extra work for Backe.

I'm encouraged by the fact that we're scoring runs against the She-Sox. For all the talk about how amazing their pitching is, it's their hitting that has killed us so far. We were VERY close to winning last night, if not for a bad call and Qualls serving up a grand slam. I understand getting ahead in the count, but when you see Konerko come up with the bases juiced, how can you possibly think grooving one down the heart of the plate is a good idea? Had Konerko not hit that one, it would have taken a lot of the pressure off the Astros, and we'd probably be talking about how the Astros are 1-1 coming home.

-Mike
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:16 AM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I still think Wheeler blew the game, we had a 2 run lead before his inning of pitching, and came out of it with bases loaded (walking a lame-hitting batter? WTF!) to set up the grand slam. That pissed me off more than Lidge letting one loose.

I'm an Astros fan, but I'm not going to get my hopes up with any thoughts of digging out of this hole. If it happens, great, I'm not going to worry about it.

Tony........ You couldnt say it any better!
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:20 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by ross87t
I just love it how Fox spends the money and time making fake movie trailers for the Chicago starting pitchers. WTF. It's like it always has been. 85% talk about the "popular" team, 15% about the Hillbilly Houston team.
Chicago doing well? - Let's suck their dicks on the air.
Houston doing well? - Let's talk about what Chicago did wrong to allow this 2nd rate team to do such a thing.
Exactly! It so freaking nauseating to hear how the Fox announcers and the national media slobber over Chicago while Houston gets very little credit or back handed compliments. I doubt I'll watch any more of the Series. I'm too pissed off at the Astros and hate hearing how the announcers are towards the Sox and don't want to see the Astros get drubbed, which is whats going to happen. The White Sox are going to humiliate and sweep the Astros. Time to throw in the towel! Thank goodness its football season.

Go Horns!
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Any of you guys ever play sports?
**** happens to even the best players sometimes; especially when it's 40 degrees and raining. It does suck *** to lose both of these games, since both were ours to be had. But, it didn't happen, wasn't meant to be. None of the Astros are out there not trying though. These rookies with a couple of old timers thrown in just made it to the World Series and everyone wants to trade them. Hope all of you don't quit everything in life just because the going gets tough. Learn what it means to stick with something. They've been essentially playing the playoffs for months.

Go Astros; Kick some *** Oswalt.
Old 10-24-2005 | 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by mmiller
The White Sox are going to humiliate and sweep the Astros. Time to throw in the towel! Thank goodness its football season.

Go Horns!
Come on Matt, that was a little harsh. You are sounding like one of those bandwagoning sports fans, which I know you are not.

As for football season, in case you haven't noticed, our football team sucks worse than our baseball team. Sure, TX is doing well, but not Houston.