Gas power R/C cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man this is my department! jk. I used to be real into racing RC cars. Used to be a badass track off I10 called performance raceway it started dying down though and closed. I mostly raced 1/10th electric truck but I got all sorts of cars.
I have/had a... XXT?, RC10T2, XXTCR, XX4?, RC10TC3, kyosho MP5, then XXXNT "drake edition"lol
those gas cars were fun. I got a real good engine for the 1/8 scale, it was like the .21 OS RGB or something. but was like the best OS engine at the time and that thing hauled *** like crazy!!

Man I miss doing that stuff... thats where I learned all my basic car stuff, and got skills at fabbing stuff up. I would do so much stuff to my cars.

nothing like that smell of nitro on a cold morning! and we used to use a little VHT mix for the tires too.

but then I got older and got a job and lost interest as I got a real car, but I wish I had the time I did back then to play around with all that stuff
Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by regorih383
do you have a pic
Not right now. Can get one later.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

want to see a pic? haha I found this on my old computer awhile ago. This is the XX4 I think, excuse the mismatched rims...
I made a RC flamethrower car! by making some sheet metal base and mounting stuff, then I mounted 2 servos to trigger a lighter and then another with a bar to depress the sprayer on a can. I hooked the servos together with a Y splitter and put it on my radios 3rd channel. so I could drive the car around like normal but hit the 3rd channel switch and it would spray and hit the lighter at the same time and shoot a big *** flame!! crazy huh! in the pic its RC electric motor cleaner, but I used brake cleaner too I think and that **** was way better!
this was just 1 of my many RC projects, I had so much time I would just build crazy **** like this. I was probably like 10-12? at the time?

Thats a real mechanical engineer right there!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those little 20,000 plus rpm motors are bad ***. now they are making cranks that have little impellers on them so they through the fuel mixture into the intake port and all kinds of crazy stuff. I have a team losi xxx-nt and a old .15 t-maxx. the t-maxx neads a new motor because it got ran over by a ford expidition. and the Losi needs to be put back together. i should of never took it apart. i knew i was never going to put it back together...
Old 12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SebastianLopezJr
Have not seen the supercharger, I think I need one.

I saw this the other day...
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/rc_n2o.htm
... for the trucks.

Well I know whats on my X-Mas list......

TRAXXAS Jato

NX kit
Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

i had a t-maxx for a while.....its just like any other wheeled vehicle, once the mod bug hits you're in trouble, aluminum/titanium everything etc. lots of fun though.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, don't know the name of the one on Wallisville road, but its on the East Side of Houston, Wallisville road, between Normandy and Federal.

The other one I know of is on 45 south at El dorado Blvd.--Northbound side of highway. there used to be one on 45 at almeda mall, but it closed a few years ago, and I'm not sure about the one in Bellaire. That was where I bought mine years ago.

The one on Wallisville has a badass track and they have tourney races all the time, or used to anyways, used to live near there.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn Roger you need to get out of that bubble of Pasadena and drive around town. Theres one on I-45S @ El Dorado (i think) across the Hummer dealership and another by I-45S and Fuqua in the shopping center where that Hilton furniture is, Fast Eddie's, and Bazaar bizaar (sp?)...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a HPI Nitro MT last april i put a Ofna .26 in it and it was a mean ****, would pick up the left front during acceleration and max out the right rear suspension. But that was too much power for it and was extremely hard to control so my friend gave me his ofna .21 but i havent gotten a chance to build brackets and mount it.

I have alot of ideas for different cars i'd like to scratch build but i have too many damn projects right now lol. If anyone needs some parts made i'd be happy to help out.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:28 PM
LS7 Member

I converted my rs4 to rear drive by removing the front drive belt. It was fun , but the rear diff sucked and would make the car go all kinds of crazy
Old 12-01-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

I got a HPI savage .21 2 days after they came out and modded the **** outa it.

If anybody wants it i'll gladly sell it (i need money for the car)
Old 12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy crpa that supercharged version will smoke my car....these ppl would go to the old k-mart behind my old store and race all the time...reall aweosme
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the hpi car with a traxx engine in it, also have a traxx truck i think the t-maxx and traxx car, i totaled all of them and got them back and then played destrution derby with them, but i cant quiet keep than together for more than a week. =) go to trains and planes hobby shop on westeimer and fondren, them do all the work on my car and can get almost anything for your car
Old 12-01-2005, 06:41 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

The Jato is really fast out of the box and if all you plan on doing is running it around the back yard it's great. They aren't competitive at the races though and the 2 speed isn't legal at most tracks. For more fun and something nearly indestructible look at a Revo. The max out at about 40-45 mph but are big enough to climb straight up a curb, also have enough ground clearance to run through tall grass with no problems.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brandy
The Jato is really fast out of the box and if all you plan on doing is running it around the back yard it's great. They aren't competitive at the races though and the 2 speed isn't legal at most tracks. For more fun and something nearly indestructible look at a Revo. The max out at about 40-45 mph but are big enough to climb straight up a curb, also have enough ground clearance to run through tall grass with no problems.
Brandy, So if all I plan on doing is running the hell out of it on the Street/Back yard. and Modding it with friends, the TRAXXAS Jato is a great (ready to run).???

These are the 3 statium trucks I was looking to get:

TRAXXAS Jato
Team Losi-XXX-NT
Team Associated RC10GT

all 3 1:10 scale • nitro powered
Old 12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got a nitro rs4 with the new t-maxx engine on it with two speed trans, heat sink motor mounts,tune pipe. the motor has no more than 5 tanks through it. i got a futaba radio, 3 bodies and trying to get rid of it.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is my R/C machine...betcha mines the fastest!

Old 12-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

My dads best friend flies those things he has all kinds I think he even has a jet powered one. DO you know a guy named Randy Martin? He is out at the fields ALL the time from what I understand.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:31 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Brandy, So if all I plan on doing is running the hell out of it on the Street/Back yard. and Modding it with friends, the TRAXXAS Jato is a great (ready to run).???

These are the 3 statium trucks I was looking to get:

TRAXXAS Jato
Team Losi-XXX-NT
Team Associated RC10GT

all 3 1:10 scale • nitro powered
Out of the box it will be hands down the fastest one, at least 10 more mph top speed. It's so new that aftermarket parts haven't really hit the market and the racers haven't had a chance to fine tune them. On paper it's freakin badass but I don't know anyone thats racing one.

You won't be disappointed with any of the above but when stuff starts breaking you'll wish you had an Associated. You buy a GT and every hobby shop in the country will have whatever parts you need in 3 different brands. That and Associated probably has a couple of different versions of every part.

With a totally brand new truck like the Jato there is no aftermarket support. GT and Losi parts won't fit it so you are stuck with Traxxas. Break a steering arm and you'll be down for weeks waiting for them to come back into stock. Nothing like checking with every Traxxas dealer in town to see if someone has spare parts on the shelf. I waited for nearly a complete year on my old Nitro 4tec for some front end pieces, ridiculous.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by layz
i got a nitro rs4 with the new t-maxx engine on it with two speed trans, heat sink motor mounts,tune pipe. the motor has no more than 5 tanks through it. i got a futaba radio, 3 bodies and trying to get rid of it.
Sounds like one I traded to Brad (2k2LS1) a few months ago Not many bastardized RS4s out there with Traxxas power.