looking for pit bull pupps

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for pit bull pupps

If anyone knows someone that has some pitbull pupps for sale let me know. I live in the dfw area and i'm looking to buy a dog real soon. Just pm me with any info you guys have.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

pit bulls are awesome - I have one and she's the best dog I think I've ever had. She loves to be held and is definitely a lap dog.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Teching In

http://www.xfactorpitbulls.com
Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

I got mine up in Oklahoma.. just over the Tx state line up in sherman Denison..

This guy only breeds the best.. i have a blue Brindle Pit.. ( Male) i also have 3 children that the dog is VERY protective over..

Pit Bulls are awesome dogs...

PM me if interested & i'll give you the guys websight..

Oh, none of his dogs are bread to fight BTW...
Old 12-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Restricted User

sent you a pm
Old 12-03-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
i also have 3 children that the dog is VERY protective over..

Till the day they snap.....

And no, not all of them snap - some go their whole lives as gentle as a rabbit.
But all of them are quite capable of losing it.

Around the corner from us a guy had two pit bulls snap....they got loose and chewed on a couple of kids. The deputies shot both dogs.

I have another neighbor with a pit bull - it was running loose a couple of weeks ago while my other half and my 5 year old daughter were out washing a vehicle. I got them inside and started loading the shotgun....the dog took off before I got back outside.

A doberman, a rottweilier, a chau - you name a dog and I'm tolerant, but a pit bull? No thanks. If it runs up in my yard, it's getting ventilated - WELL ventilated. (Which reminds me, I need to tell my neighbor my position on this so he's not surprised when it happens.)
Old 12-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Restricted User

Default pit bulls that snap

Any dog is capable of snapping at anytime well any animal that is. All animals have a mind of their own. You can go a life time with any dog as a pet and one day you might rub him the wrong way and he loses it. The guy just posted that he was looking for a pup not wanting to here your negativity about this breed. If you haven't ever owned one then you deffinately don't know anything about them. I agree they have done wrong in the past but we only here about the bad things in this society. The media will post a story about a pit attack over lets say a collie or boxer. All I am saying is that there are dog attacks all over this world by many different breeds of dogs not just a pit bull. I hope you go grab that shotgun when a german shepard or poddle runs up in your yard. Good luck. To the guy looking for a pup, I sent you a private message on where to get a beautiful little puppy. Thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

www.drawthelinekennels.com

James has some good dogs, and his links page has tons of more breeders. I dont breed mine anymore, they are just pets.

Brandon
Old 12-03-2005, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterY2KZ28
I got mine up in Oklahoma.. just over the Tx state line up in sherman Denison..

This guy only breeds the best.. i have a blue Brindle Pit.. ( Male) i also have 3 children that the dog is VERY protective over..

PM me if interested & i'll give you the guys websight..

Oh, none of his dogs are bread to fight BTW...

Yeah shoot me a pm with that website please
Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by platniumta
The guy just posted that he was looking for a pup not wanting to here your negativity about this breed.

You're right - sorry about the hijack.....

platinumta - you have a pm
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

01ArcticSS:

you are VERY closed-minded and you feed into whatever the media tells you People like you make me absolutely sick.

Platnum is correct - any dog as well as ANIMAL can snap. It's just that pits are the only ones that get covered by the media. In fact - you know what animal "snaps" more often? HUMAN BEINGS

I was attacked by a German Shepard when I was 7 and I have the scars on my arm to prove. I also, recently, had a golden retriever snap at me as well. I also had a cocker spaniel that was attacked AND killed by a siberian husky so don't tell me that pit bulls are the only dogs that "snap" that's just STUPID.

Until you own a pit - you have no room to talk. Everyone that I know that has pits has NEVER had a problem. I would never breed a dog to fight nor would I fight one.

If you pulled out a shotgun on my dog - .... i'm just going to refrain. I would hate to get banned from this board.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Geez, it wasn't personal. Just my opinion based on facts. Read my last post - I was going to drop it.

Since it was made personal, here are the facts: (Oh, I i'm STILL not making it personal, just giving the facts)

Originally Posted by obseSSed
01ArcticSS:

you are VERY closed-minded and you feed into whatever the media tells you
I'm VERY open minded. Here's what the media tells me:

Pit bulls and pit-bull crosses (not always easy to distinguish) have caused more than a third of the nation's dog-bite fatalities since 1979 and a comparable proportion of serious injuries.

New York City, with a million dogs, conforms to these national trends. In 1997, the Department of Health reported 7,075 dog bites in the city and some 1,000 complaints about frightening dogs. Gotham police and other authorities had to round up 892 biting dogs in 1997, 200 more than the year before. Of these, 294—33 percent—were pit bulls or pit-bull mixes, though they make up only an estimated 15 percent of the city's dogs.

In the last 18 months, 12 of the 18 confirmed dog-related fatalities in the U.S. -- or 67% -- have been caused by the pit bull terrier, a breed that accounts for only 1% of the U.S. dog population. (from a 1987 article)

Human fatalities are not unique to 'pit bulls' by any means. Every Group of dog breeds, even several members of the Toy Group, have been attributed with human deaths. Sure, according to American statistics, there are more 'pit bulls' involved in fatal dog bites, but many other breeds have also killed.

All dogs are predators by nature, with teeth that can bite. However, proper rearing teaches dogs (and yes, children) how to get what they want without resorting to violence. All breeds of dog respond well to ethical training methods.

There are two main points that many people fail to recognize:

1. There is no such thing as a breed of dog that won't bite.
2. The breeds at the top of biting statistics are the most popular breeds at the time. Meaning, in Canada, Labradors, Golden Retrievers, and German Shepherds and other popular breeds top the bite statistics. Any dog can bite. Any poorly trained and unsupervised dog may bite unprovoked. Breed is not the deciding factor, training and supervision is.

Pit bull and pit mixes account for 21 percent of all human fatalities, while mixed breed dogs account for 16 percent and other nonspecified breeds, 15 percent.

(This is from Canada) What is the success rate of pit bull bans?

Winnipeg:

* Prior to ban, there were 30 pit bull attacks per year and 30 to 40 reported serious attacks of all dogs per year. In the past four years, there have been no pit bull attacks.

Kitchener-Waterloo:

* Prior to the ban, in 1995 and 1996, there were 17 and 18 pit bull incidents, respectively. After the ban, there has been about one per year.

Google search for "pit bull attack" = over 40,000 hits
Google search for "german shepherd attack" = 281 hits
Google search for "rottweiler attack" = 1,440 hits

People like you make me absolutely sick.
Lots of girls feel that way about me....especially my ex-wife. My daughter and her mom seem to like me though. Usually...

Platnum is correct - any dog as well as ANIMAL can snap.
Yup.

It's just that pits are the only ones that get covered by the media.
Not the only ones, but they get more coverage.....because they're involved in more "incidents". See above.

In fact - you know what animal "snaps" more often? HUMAN BEINGS
Yup.

I was attacked by a German Shepard when I was 7 and I have the scars on my arm to prove.
My cousin was too - only his scars are on his butt.

I delivered newspapers as a kid for like 5 years, and spent 3 years as a cable guy. In all that time I was bit ONCE - my last year as a cable guy. I still don't know what kind of dog it was, but I do know it was a trained guard dog - the owner told me. I knocked on her door and the dog busted through the screen, bit me, then jumped back inside the house. I wasn't very happy. I shut her cable off. (I was there to shut it off anyway - she hadn't paid her bill.)

I also, recently, had a golden retriever snap at me as well. I also had a cocker spaniel that was attacked AND killed by a siberian husky
Golden retreivers seem to get nasty when they get older - I hated those dogs when I delivered newspapers when I was younger.

so don't tell me that pit bulls are the only dogs that "snap" that's just STUPID.
I didn't tell you anything, but this is what I think: ALL DOGS BITE.

Until you own a pit - you have no room to talk.
Uh....I've never owned a Corvette.....but I think by reading I have learned a little about them. I think that by reading about pit bulls I can learn about them too.

Everyone that I know that has pits has NEVER had a problem.
I know people with pit bulls. I do not go to their houses and I would NEVER take my daughter there either. So far none of the people I know have had problems with their pit bulls. But there have been problems. See the media portion above.

I would never breed a dog to fight nor would I fight one.
90% of pit bull owners are just like you, and that's a good thing. It's the 10%.......

If you pulled out a shotgun on my dog
I don't go pit bull hunting......in fact I don't hunt at all. The shotgun is 100% for HOME DEFENSE, which also means FAMILY DEFENSE. I don't have a "Pit Bull Killer" sticker on it anywhere. I'll happily shoot anything that threatens my family's health. We have several neighbors with large dogs. I can think of 2 large dogs that get lose often. One of them runs from people. The other is a pit bull.

For the record, I have another neighbor who has two large dogs (not pit bulls) that I will also happily shoot if they charge me in my own yard again. These two dogs are mean and nasty and they do bite!! My neighbor with the pit bull went after them with a machete once (this was before he got the pit)

It's nothing personal. Really. Like my last post indicated, I was going to stay out of the thread. And now I am.

Forever....forever.....forever.....(semi-humorous reference to another feared dog....)
Old 12-03-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

I dont care to take the time to rebutt to all your nonsense, but here is the jist. You are going off extremist point of views of people that hate any breed considered aggressive. For ever stat you show me, I can show you one different. You know why? They are biased and based on different factors. Did you know that if a stray dog attacks someone and it has a large head and square jaw, its call a "pit bull". There is no way aside from registration paperwork to tell exact bloodlines. APBTs are the most diverse breed in existance, because they cam from so many different original bloodlines. 10% of owners fight there dogs, LMFAO you tool!!!!!! More like 1% or less. Most people that have APBTs are your average family. Did you also know that even when the dogs were bred ONLY for fighting, all those that even snapped at their owners were destroyed? That helped to cull out the human aggression in the breed. Hell, most times you can train a pit for defense as well as the other defender breeds, BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF ABILITY TO ATTACK A HUMAN. You narrow minded ****** ******, its people like you that dont have a clue, how loving and intelligent this breed is. How can you possibly say, "well I havent owned a corvette"? How in the world is that even the same. You are some simple minded person that lives your life based upon the views of the right wing masses. How sad.

Brandon

No need for HUMAN attacks here, take it somewhere else.

Craig
LS1TECH.com Staff

Last edited by CRAGER; 12-03-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

I own 3 pits, 2 red nose 1 brindle. They are aggressive with strangers, but arent most dogs? Anywho, these are the best dogs I have ever owned!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:11 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Guys/gals, please keep this civil and no more lashing out on anyone or the thread gets locked down.

Thanks,
Craig.
LS1TECH.com Staff
Old 12-03-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

My apologies crager - this is just very aggravating to me.

Arctic - your post is contradicting. On one hand you're preaching to me about how horirble APBTs are and how they attack ( ) then you're also posting facts specifically stating that attacks are NOT limited to APBTs. So which is it, pal?

You, also, reiterated my point about you feeding into what the media tells you. It's just like if you went to a restaurant and had horrible service vs if you went somewhere and got amazing service. You would tell everyone and their mom about the orrible service you recieved and how you wouldn't suggest them going there - but would only tell about 2 people about the great service you received.

This is my vicious killer

Old 12-03-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

My last dog was a chow.. what an awesme dog.. he lived to be 9 years old.. great protector & loveable with my wife and children... He was aggresive with strangers but never but anyone.. he died a little over a year ago..

When my wife and i were looking for another dog, she said that she had a couple of friends who had Pit Bulls... I was "totally" closed to the idea...

After researching on the internet regarding this breed, we decided to look @ some.

We went to a professional "reputable" individual.. picked one out and brought him home.. he was 8 weeks old @ the time, he is now almost 1 year old and is an awesome dog. Very playful, loving, protective... & yes, he looks mean.. i am a 225 lb man & i have these wool socks tied together... this dog throws me all over the yard... I also have a rope tied on a tree limb and i drape the sock over it.. it is approx. 5 ft off the ground.. he is fun to watch when he jumps up there & snatches it out of the tree...

Get the Pit dude.. you won't be sorry...
Old 12-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Launching!

I had a nice pit until I told some guy I didn't want to breed him, I knew he used his dogs to fight, and he ended up feeding it antifreeze. Needless to say that guy got the a** beating of his life. I miss that dog, I want a blue one, just don't have the cash for it lol.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Default problem

Hey guys thanks for all your help with finding a dog. Well i have some bad news and hopefully someone can help me out. I just bought a beautiful blue nose with papers this past sunday. Then i get her home and i come to find out on monday that my home owners insurance won't allow me to have a pit bull. Has anyone else had this problem and what should i do. I'm probably going to have to sell her, so if anyone is interested let me know. I heard you can pay extra for insurance on the dog, but i'm not sure.

Chris
Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe you could ask the home owners insurance that if you got the dog obedience trained and showed them that she is a obedient dog, they might let you keep the dog. They are a very easy breed to train so it wouldn't be hard.