Are cutouts legal in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Technically it is, but there are no state noise ordinances. Some localities have them though. I've been pulled over by Allen, TX PD for speeding (I wasn't actually) with open headers and I was being a dick to the cop because he pulled me over when I wasn't speeding. I was actually data logging while he claimed I was speeding and I threatened to bring the data logs into court to embarrass him in front of the judge. Even with me being confrontational with the cop, and him ASKING why my car is so loud and me ADMITTING I had open headers, he did not give me ANY ticket. Not for speeding or anything else.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:57 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GunMetal421
Technically it is, but there are no state noise ordinances. Some localities have them though. I've been pulled over by Allen, TX PD for speeding (I wasn't actually) with open headers and I was being a dick to the cop because he pulled me over when I wasn't speeding. I was actually data logging while he claimed I was speeding and I threatened to bring the data logs into court to embarrass him in front of the judge. Even with me being confrontational with the cop, and him ASKING why my car is so loud and me ADMITTING I had open headers, he did not give me ANY ticket. Not for speeding or anything else.
WOW bringing back a 16 year old post good one LOL! It wouldn't matter as theres a lot of stuff technically illegal that we do on our modified cars

Last edited by Inspector12; 04-23-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
WOW bringing back a 16 year old post good one LOL! I wouldn't matter as theres a lot of stuff technically illegal that we do on our modified cars
Why do people complain about thread necro? Literally one of the first results for my Google search which works better than this forums integral search function. Plus the information is still relevant
Old 04-23-2022, 03:47 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GunMetal421
Why do people complain about thread necro? Literally one of the first results for my Google search which works better than this forums integral search function. Plus the information is still relevant
Where in my reply was the complaint? I made a comment about how old it was, but hardly call that complaining. And as a matter of fact I commented on your subject specificly! So If you feel even less of a man becasue of that I think you might take the chip off your shoulder and laugh at something funny!

Quick Reply: Are cutouts legal in Houston?