TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brains
Two words.... JURY TRIAL
bad *** avatar... fits well lol
Old 01-10-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Brains!! Whats even shittier is, what if you dont have the money for an attorney? One is appointed to you. They SUCK! A class b isnt a real big deal but its a pain in the *** to explain such a shitty thing to a place when to go to an interview.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
NIce comment! Thanks for the input!
LOL

Your best option is to definitely get an attorney. You can get off with just about anything with a good one. Jury trial sounds like your next best option if you absolutely can't afford one.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

bro get a attorney.. i spent about 1000 on mine but if it wasnt for him id be in jail for 6 months and had ticket fees out the ***! If u need i can get u the name and number to my lawyer. He will cut u the same deal as me if u tell him i sent u. best of luck to u man
Old 01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Fly the country and move to Mexico! j/k
Old 01-10-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that man! hope everything goes well... Good Luck. I hear cops are trying to give traffic tickets away as if they were a gift, because there is not enough money, Thanks to Katrina, 2 bad we have to suffer. Not fair
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by JETG
EXACTLY, this is not a traffic offense people, this is a CRIMINAL offense. Which means that spreacher is not in this league to defend against this kind of trouble. If you PM me I can get an attorney that will work out payments if need be, I can attest that if in fact that you were only doing 28mph and stuff, it will get dismissed. I would pay and attorney and get out of it, and not take a chance. I promise that the guy I use, is the best in houston. But to work something out you need to PM me and I can tell you his number and you can google him, but you will need to tell him I sent you, as to bring the cost down, considering he is a long time friend. I referr everyone to him, and I have not had one person complain at all. His name is Robert Fickman, check his name on Google, he has been in the news lately with a lot of his cases.

JET
Fickman is good. A friend of mine used him a few years back for a criminal charge that was bogus and Fickman got it dismissed. No court appearance or anything. He was really good. You should call him.

-Ben R.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Fickman is good. A friend of mine used him a few years back for a criminal charge that was bogus and Fickman got it dismissed. No court appearance or anything. He was really good. You should call him.

-Ben R.

My step dad was a DA in harris county and knew Robert when I was growing up. He is a great attorney. He has known me since I was 3 years old. He is one of houstons best attorneys, he ranks along with Dick Degurin SP? like I said before do a search on him, there is all kinds of information on him on the web. He is on the news and newspapers all the time

JET
Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

my friend just got out of felony advasion. That he did do. He got probation and while he was on probation he got a dwi. Everything is gone he has probation for 3 months. Get a lawyer
Old 01-10-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just guessing the details, but I would think it would be easy to defend. If you were leaving a light and know where you were "clocked", you could prove easily that if you were racing the speed would have been much higher than 28mph at that point. Just a thought.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28chic
sure thats what i am here for
Katy women! LOL!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

You will surely get off if the other guy was drunk. A street race take two cars. You can prove the alcohol caused aggression from the other guy which looked as if a race was consentual. But his judgement was impaired leaving a completely sober person(you) to take evasive moves to increase your distance from him. Say he was following you or something. It seems like an open and shut case to me. You might not even need a lawyer, talk to the DA.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

...unless the drunk was winning the race.

I agree, lawyer is the only way to go.

I'm not sure showing where you were doing 28mph would drop the ticket. That's kinda like saying how slow your car is. The judge doesn't care how long it took to reach 28, he thinks the race was happening, or attempted. And proving that your car would be at 28mph within the intersection won't get you far either.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dean-o
Katy women! LOL!
YUP WE RULE.....LOL!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SAI
I have to go to court on Friday. I was charged with Racing. Class B Misd.
I was not racing, the cop clocked me at 28mph. But he said that I and the truck next to me were racing. My car is loud, so was the truck, so I guess it looked like we were. But anyway, what do I do now? I called one lawyer and the cost was $1500! There is no way that I can spend that much money. Does anyone have any lawyer that they know does a good job? Thanks

Sai
and you called me to tell me and then proced to tell me not to say anything. Then I find this post...WTF???
Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
I agree with Brains!! Whats even shittier is, what if you dont have the money for an attorney? One is appointed to you. They SUCK! A class b isnt a real big deal but its a pain in the *** to explain such a shitty thing to a place when to go to an interview.
The way this was explained to me was...
If you can bail out of jail, then you can pay for your own laywer. If you stay in jail, they will appoint one to you.
Info came from the court house.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

typical HPD haters
cant see anybody riding clean around H-town without messing with them
every ethnic person riding on dubs or in a clean car in h-town
is profiled as a dope dealer or criminal or something
ask me how i know
ive been searched damn near evrytime i get pulled over in h-town
just riding in my uncles C5 with 20 in. chrome wheels
i have been pulled over 3 times just to "check my information"
or "i look like somebody that did something"
i guess thats the price i pay for looking like a typical young hispanic thug
riding in a clean C5 or a clean WS6
Old 01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shouldaboughttheZ
The way this was explained to me was...
If you can bail out of jail, then you can pay for your own laywer. If you stay in jail, they will appoint one to you.
Info came from the court house.

This is correct information, but if you get a court appointed then get out, you can still use the court appointed just have to pay some of the fees. Either way get an attorney, spend the money and be done with it. It sucks cause it is money down the drain, but better to keep it off your record, or you will be a target for a long time, or every time they run your plates.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by chevy42083
I'm not sure showing where you were doing 28mph would drop the ticket. That's kinda like saying how slow your car is. The judge doesn't care how long it took to reach 28, he thinks the race was happening, or attempted. And proving that your car would be at 28mph within the intersection won't get you far either.
Even though you weren't racing, I would definitely wanna get caught at 28 then 128.

Sure he could say if the "race" wasn't stopped you would have accelerated to a much higher speed, but at least 28mph is a safe speed(Considering school zones around here are 30mph).