BP
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Job Jr, what does he know?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Personally I'm going Speed Density with my tune, from SQR. Not real worried about the weather - it may need a slight adjustment in the late spring but I wouldn't think much. I don't push my car enough to have the tune on the edge.

Also, its not really the PCM learning the cam, so much as it is adjusting the tune for the cam, watching how the car reacts, and adjusting appropriately. Yes there are tables that "learn" things, and can be cleared, but for tuning they are referenced for logging purposes, thats not where the tune is at.
Once I have the money for that and some other goodies for the Z I am going to do the same thing. I think there are a few issues with the tune or car that will be fixed with a speed density tune.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brandy
question is, who on here know's what he's done, or better yet what he does.......
Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brandon
question is, who on here know's what he's done, or better yet what he does.......
*acts like he knows* Yeh, that dude is the ****
Old 01-17-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brandy
How to blow **** up..lol jk
Old 01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
How to blow **** up..lol jk
na, mike thats you.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

na, mike thats you.
To be honest, youve never been around Job....If you have no first hand experience, STFU now. Ive been there with him and watched his moves. He's good, but agressive. Boom Bitches dont bother him, just means something was weak in the first place! Just like in my instance. Can you tell me the tensile strength properties of a cast piston ring like stockers vs an after market low tension?
Old 01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Can you tell me the tensile strength properties of a cast piston ring like stockers vs an after market low tension?
What
Old 01-17-2006, 05:19 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

No doubt cars he's worked on have broken, then again I can name about 7 of them off the top of my head that made over 2,000hp.

I still think it's cool that if you call Accel's DFI tech line they tell you to call turbopeople
Old 01-17-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

To be honest, youve never been around Job....If you have no first hand experience, STFU now. Ive been there with him and watched his moves. He's good, but agressive. Boom Bitches dont bother him, just means something was weak in the first place! Just like in my instance. Can you tell me the tensile strength properties of a cast piston ring like stockers vs an after market low tension?
aftermarket ones (gapped right) wont pop the ringland off and blow your motor up. ?????
I can research it just as easy as you can, or make a couple phone calls and find out the same information.

and STFU, i was making a small joke and you get all serious thinkin you're the man b/c you have stood next to him. I never said I hung around him, just made a comment that alot of people wouldn't know who he was....
step down off that saddle Mike-o.
And for that matter, I know a guy that builds top fuelers, so my friend is faster than someone you stood around.
neener neener neener.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:33 AM
12 Second Club

so has anyone heard from Sean lately?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am taking my car for tuning to SQR. I have heard nothing but positive things about them. My car ran some really good times last season with Sean's tune, who has been doing it for umpteenth years, so I do not want anyone going in and changing his parameters, except for the 3 mods I just changed. I might just save up and buy my own HP Tuners and LEARN how to tune, because I really do not trust anyone anymore. Tired of being let down and feeling like no one wants to help my car run good when drag racing. It would be nice to know that all the other shops are on your side and want to make your car a mad machine, but this is simply not the case.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

aftermarket ones (gapped right) wont pop the ringland off and blow your motor up. ?????
I can research it just as easy as you can, or make a couple phone calls and find out the same information.

and STFU, i was making a small joke and you get all serious thinkin you're the man b/c you have stood next to him. I never said I hung around him, just made a comment that alot of people wouldn't know who he was....
step down off that saddle Mike-o.
And for that matter, I know a guy that builds top fuelers, so my friend is faster than someone you stood around.
neener neener neener.
My point is that anything can break with weak parts or flaws..You like to talk **** about people blowing their **** up but have you ever built or rebuilt your own motor. Hell no! I know why my stuff failed, and thats the purpose of my post back to you with the smartass comment. I actually break something and fix it myself and then figure out why it did what it did so i dont make that mistake the next time. it was never a tune issue and thats my point.

Ive been around plenty of high HP engine builders. But i only observe. Who gives 2 ***** if you have a friend of a friend...Can you yourself break something, figure out why, and rebuild it? NO!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
( my favorite smileys)

whatchoo got?? just a buncha laughing gas!!!

Don't hate the hater, hate the game
I've got the dope and other things?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by frisky2101
so has anyone heard from Sean lately?
he called me sunday (the 15th)
Old 01-18-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Can you yourself break something, figure out why, and rebuild it? NO!
and you know this how?
because I had SQR tune and install my motor?
I know why my motor failed, pretty damn simple to figure out. and I fixed it with a phone call for a new one, I don't have time to have my car down for extended periods of time, or time to do alot of work on it myself. I don't have hte luxury of having 2 or 3 vehicles to drive.
And fwiw, I'd assembled a couple blown sbc's and a few nitrous'd sbc's, and worked on a damn quick FE too. I'm no engine God or master of anything, but I know alot more than you'd think, and can figure my ways around things.
Just like yourself, I know alot of smart people that have done alot in the game, and have learned alot from them.
and, fwiw, you brought on the whole "my friend does this" bullshit.

back to fastech though...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
well maybe Sean didnt think CFN was a crappy system afterall and just stole yours!!! He tried telling me my mainline was to small, its the same freakin size as all the other companies N20 kits.

sean might not be the best bizz man but he knows what the hell he's talking about.If he said your line was to small then it was..Going to a -6 will help in most case's.Talk all the **** you want.He's been building ls1's longer than most the shops in the the nation.**** his car went 8.7s in the 1/4 with a 358ci motor.Whats your car run???
Old 01-18-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
sean might not be the best bizz man but he knows what the hell he's talking about.If he said your line was to small then it was..Going to a -6 will help in most case's.Talk all the **** you want.He's been building ls1's longer than most the shops in the the nation.**** his car went 8.7s in the 1/4 with a 358ci motor.Whats your car run???
Tsk,Tsk, try not to get to upset...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
Damn that does suck. Since fastech is no longer a sponsor here is what they did to us. Some guy named Bob (must be that silent partner) from fastech called and wanted an edelbrock carb manifold for ls-1 in september. He ordered it and I had edelbrock dropship it to them. Turns out a month later one of their customers calls asking about a 400.00 charge on their card, Bob had told us to use their card we had on file it wasn't even theirs it was one their customers. Obviously the card got charged back and they got a free manifold. I called them for 6 weeks oct-december trying to get ahold of somebody and hoping they would make it right. I finally got Shawn (sp) on the phone he said he would get his credit card out of the safe and call me right back to square up with us. Never heard from him again. I got a collections agency involved and they were told "do whatever you need to do to try to get us to pay". If any body sees an edelbrock #29086 laying around there it belongs to TEA. Of course a 400.00 manifold is nothing compared to these guys who have cars disassembled it's just the principal of it all.
I know where that intake is.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
I know where that intake is.
lol, i bet you do fastech got the money for it. I got a receipt. there was another one up there though.

Quick Reply: Fastech closed???