Fastech Woes... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Fastech Woes... HELP

(MODS: this thread is asking for advise and help. At no point is there any bashing or anything of the like, simple posting my situation asking for advice. MEMBERS: PLEASE do not accuse, bash etc or ANYTHING remotely similar this is my LAST and only means over ever getting my car running again. So PLEASE keep it clean and civil. This is the end of the road for me )

The situation: had my car at Fastech for two months. (supposed snaped rod, was just spun bearing)The last month to month and a half, Had little to most of the time no communication. Usually two weeks would go by b4 I would get a call back. At the end of the two months I got a call from sean telling me the shop is closeing and he has no means to finish the job and appologises, and to call my credit card company and get my $2500 deposit back. Which I did with out problems. So sean returned every dime back too me. And also arranged for RPM to price match and finish the job. I choose to just get the car back at this point. (I had been threw ENOUGH, and my perents did not even let me THINK about taking the car to RPM) And take it to a local shop where I can keep tabs on things (lesson learned) So in seans defence he did return all of my money and some of my parts (more on that later)
Ok I go to pick up the car, the motor had been pulled and was in 1 bizzilion pieces. We literally FILLED the bed of my dads pick up with bare block and TONS of parts, also some in the cab of the truck and SS. It was the single sadest thing and day I had ever experienced. Any way we get the car loaded up and haul it 3 hours back home. Drop it off at local shop with parts.

Today: went threw the parts with the local shop guy. To get a idea on what were working with.
Here are the parts we discovered missing SO FAR…
Oil pan
Oil pick up tube
Computer and entire wireing harness
Starter
Rear cover
Torque arm mount
Oil press sensor
Map sensor
Intake manifold
heads
Fuel rails
Injectors
Water pump
Trans crossmember/mount
PCV tube
And that’s just what we could think of. Im sure there are TONS of misc brackets, parts, bolts etc that amount to 100s of dollars

Solutions?
the last time sean was online was the 26th of last month, the shop is now closed, his cell phone is now turned off (in seans defence he told me to call him if I found any parts missing and he would get them too me, but obviously that’s impossible now) I have no means of contact for him. Does anyone know a point of contact?
Ok so now what do I do?
I have no money at all.
Do I just take it up the a$$ and buy all the parts i need, and charge them to my credit card and go seriously in debt?
Just wait around car-less hopeing sean will contact me or ever see this thread?
Get law involved? Sue , press charges etc? what would this accomplish? How should I go about it?

ANY ANY ANY advice in this matter would be SO GREATLY appreciated fellas. Im seriously just at the end of my road.

And also if anyone has any of these parts laying around and would like to donate or sell them PLEASE contact me via PM.

Up to this point I had AMAZINGLY great experiences with sean and his work. I ALWAYS recommended him to everyone who asked. He went above and beyond in every aspect in previous experiences with him.

:help:
Old 01-14-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn.............................................. . IF you need the car ASAP, I would charge that bad boy right up! But if I had to wait I would. Who knows, Sean might pop up? Ive had read all these Sean theads and I met him once, Ill think he'll show up cuz someones bound to find him. Sorry again man, that just sucks!
Old 01-14-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

update:
i was just PMed seans new number and left a message, all i can do is cross my fingers now.
(do NOT PM me for his number i will NOT give it out)
Old 01-14-2006, 05:07 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good deal.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

I'd be askin where the **** all my parts were, and I would not be polite about it, that is totall bs. I'll check with a buddy of mine, he always has stock parts layin around. Good luck
Old 01-14-2006, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

I am still upset with the whole situation... I feel that I have been cheated out of the money that I paid for a tune with a "Life gaurentee" for updates. Dont get me wrong... Sean is damn good at what he does... he helped me out allot. But that dosent change that I feel short changed.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BULLET99Z28
I'd be askin where the **** all my parts were, and I would not be polite about it, that is totall bs. I'll check with a buddy of mine, he always has stock parts layin around. Good luck
would be GREATLY appreciated if you would check with your buddy for me
Old 01-14-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an 01 TA 6 spd. I recently (2 weeks ago) put a new bmr tranny brace ta relocation piece. So I have the old tranny crossmember, all the tourqe arm mounting pieces, & I even have a brand new in box hotchkiss ta poly mount. If the guy can't get you back these parts or money for them, hit me up. You can have mine, just cover shipping if you can. Keep this post updated with new found missing parts, I'm sure there are oem parts lying all over this board.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

RPM is offering discounted rates tuning. Just an informational post. Not promoting a non sponsor.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cracker
RPM is offering discounted rates tuning. Just an informational post. Not promoting a non sponsor.
I would take them up on this fellas. And don't worry they will be a sponser on here soon .I will keep bugging them about it.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

They still have a crapload of my parts too and I have a feeling half the stuff is missing.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Badass pool player

PM me your address and the the year of your car. I'm up at the shop today and will see what take off parts I can donate to help you out.

Sorry for your situation.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
Old 01-15-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hope you have your car up and runnin soon
Old 01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

UPDATE:
Sean called me today!
and as usually and as promised he is making everything right.

it sounds like the guy is going threw some very tough times. but hes not throwing in the towel, hes still gonna make everything right. sean has always been great to me and my car, and even in this disaster he is still doing the same. and i just wanted to let him know that even with all these people bashing and speculating about stuff, that i really appreciate what hes done for me over the years and really respect him now for still going above and beyond to make things right, and keep that amazing customer service hes been famous for.
thanks Sean.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

thanks so much everyone for the offered help and parts!
i will keep you in mind for plan B just in case.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so he's going through hard times doesnt mean he can keep parts...

ill just stick with the guys in h-town for work on my car.

oh and thanks for telling your "friends" about whats going on. We really appreciate it..

and thanks for showing up on new years eve too.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, what a stand up move by MTI!!
Old 01-29-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by poolfanatic
PM me your address and the the year of your car. I'm up at the shop today and will see what take off parts I can donate to help you out.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
damn right... that shows class thats why mti has been around for over 10 yrs...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by poolfanatic

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Houston, TX
Respect for that...
Old 01-29-2006, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have some parts lying around you can have. Once you get this figured out shoot me a PM as well as David. I have alot of the parts off my car from when it was stock and do not mind helping you out. I would hope you would do the same if I was in your position. Just PM me with what you need when you need it.

Thanks,
Joe
T56Rebuilds.com