***car Stolen***

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

will be on the lookout. dealership guys, be on the lookout for anyone trying to get this car serviced that seems suspicious. that has happened before that a stolen vehicle was recovered after the service writer noticed the customer acting overly suspicous/nervous. oh, and josh mcgrath, i hope that is your idea of sympathy through humor. if not, you are an asshat. i'd go as far as saying i hope you die a slow death from prostate cancer, but that would be a little extreme. i've had a vehicle stolen in harris county. the cops recovered it about 2 weeks later. the thieves ran it till it ran out of gas and then ditched it. i know how you feel.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitchncamaro
Dude, that sucks and iam near you, on hwy3... Man still not knowing where it is would be driven me crazy....I would have to skip work for a week and CRY ....Well if they never find it u can only hope to be like this guy http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1515737 .... I'll keep my II"S and ears open.......

...AND whats up with the 80T/A ? about to get my 81 z back on the road ,need to see more 2nd gens on the road
Thanks, man. It's killing me. I wasn't going to go to work the day it was stolen, but I had several meetings that day that I was leading. Damn responsibility getting in the way again!

I'm going to carpet bomb the neighborhood with flyers and offer a reward for the recovery of the vehicle. SOMEONE on my street knows something. Maybe $500.00 is enough to get them to talk, or at least the little kids.

As for the 1980, it's a factory WS6 car, disc brakes, big sway bars, etc. I've had it for 11 years now (damn - has it been that long?!?). Anyway, the 301 broke it's little tiny crank in two pieces. I had already started building the 455 for it. It has #96 heads, edelbrock intake, dynomax headers, and a wolverine cam. It's a Buffalo car and was my daily ride for a number of years when living up north. Needless to say, the Buffalo winters were not good to it and I need to replace the body. The rear quarters are pretty bad and the floor is mostly gone, too. It still has the factory 2.56:1 rear end. I've run a best of 13.5 @ 102 while going through the traps still in second gear! It needs 3.42's badly. But, I need a rust free body before moving forward. The wife wants me to find a nice 70-73 body, but they are just harder to find and more expensive. Anyway, it's still fun to drive, rust and all!! The other thing, this car sat on the STREET 24/7 for the past 2 years. The doors don't lock (broken) but nothing has ever happened to that car. It just goes to show, most people are looking for the newer ones. But, that being said, I've already moved the 1980 to a different location.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is sad. my ss was stolen abt 2 yrs back. and when HPD found it. it had a brand new key in the ignition. I called GM ....no help and they said any GM dealer can make the key and they dont have records of this. since than i in all my cars the vin # is covered with a peice of paper. HPD wont do j@ck **** and will only call you when they find your car either wrecked or stripped. They never have time to follow up on real crimes.
I'll also keep an eye out for your bird.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiller
this is sad. my ss was stolen abt 2 yrs back. and when HPD found it. it had a brand new key in the ignition. I called GM ....no help and they said any GM dealer can make the key and they dont have records of this. since than i in all my cars the vin # is covered with a peice of paper. HPD wont do j@ck **** and will only call you when they find your car either wrecked or stripped. They never have time to follow up on real crimes.
I'll also keep an eye out for your bird.
real crimes? there are "real" crimes alot more important then a stolen vehicle, HPD doesnt give a **** about grand theft.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Has the PD found your car yet?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Banned

I don't think they used the key to steal your car since you said it would have woken you or your dog up my guess is that they used a flatbed my other guess would be that its a ring of car theif's try looking on ebay for your parts some people are retarded like that I also suggest you start looking for a car exactly like yours so the insurance company doesn't lowball you on the price like they love to do even though they rape you on the rates
Old 03-03-2006, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

No, nothing new on my car. I keep watching the otherside of the road when I'm driving just thinking I'd see it. I know it's likely chopped, but you never know.

As for the insurance, the guy said he gives the police about two weeks, so I still have another week to go.

Also, I've been looking periodically on Ebay and my wife even called some of the pick-n'-part places looking for a Ram Air hood. Most say that it's hard to get parts for those cars.

Brian
Old 03-03-2006, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ricker6869
In Texas is your vehicle is not found within 30 days insurance will have to settle and pay out.

How hard are our cars to steal...I to have a T/A..concerned.

Rick
easy all you need is a 20" bike tube and an air pump. Shove it in the back of the window and inflate it it makes about a 2" gap then take a yard stick or what ever and just hit the unlock button. Thats how I get my keys out when I lock them in it lol.

Thomas

Very sorry to hear that the car was stolen.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

they shouldnt unlock unless the key is in the igniton...or has been within a few mins of trying to unlock them with the electric lock switch... just my .02
Old 03-05-2006, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by A_W_O_L
they shouldnt unlock unless the key is in the igniton...or has been within a few mins of trying to unlock them with the electric lock switch... just my .02
This is true. The one and only time I've ever locked my keys in a car was when I went to the NASCAR race in Fort Worth. Left them half way in the ignition. Some friends helped me and after making a long tool out of a yard stick and coat hangers, we got it open. But, hitting the unlock button doesn't work when the alarm has been armed. The way we got it open was by positioning the "tool" to move the little lock "slider" on the door panel to the unlock position. Did that, opened the door, alarm went off, grabbed the keys and disarmed. Only a 1/2 hour to do!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Teching In

that sux
Old 03-05-2006, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

my dept. is around Paris, i posted a notice on our briefing room BB, we'll be watching...my fave thing about this job...recovering stolen property!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by golddot
my dept. is around Paris, i posted a notice on our briefing room BB, we'll be watching...my fave thing about this job...recovering stolen property!
Thanks! You rock!! I hope you can recover it. Don't worry about the police brutality when you pick the little bastard up, too!!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

about 2 weeks ago a pewter ta was stolen from my apartment complex very close to where you live. its right off of bw8/45s. also another chysrler 4d was left on the axles, right next to where the ta was stolen from. i park mine about 200 yards away every night. after hearing about it from him, and reading about your vehicle...im starting to think its the same person, or group of people in the area. sorry about your loss.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear about your car. I hope you find it soon and they catch the sorry sobs that did it.

Whats sad is I have locked my keys in the car before with my windows cracked maybe a half inch or so. I unscrewed my antenna and carefully stuck it through the slit and unlocked my door. So if I can do it that easily I know someone who rips off cars for a living could do it.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

i'm so sorry about your car. reading all these posts have made me sick to my stomach . i cant believe how people can live with themselves...after taking someone elses hard earned posession. i wish you luck on finiding it!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Stumbled accross this post, sorry to hear about your car... Hopefully they find it without a scratch on it (I know how unlikely that sounds). Keep us updated.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Sorry to hear about your car man, that sux, keep us updated!
Old 03-08-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel for you. I still look for my car, even though it was stolen 4 yrs ago. I've followed several cars that resembled mine just to see if they might be mine.