Not so nice wake-up call from a CS cop this morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true, iw ouldnt mouth off to them
but i would not have went outside and started my vehicle up to let them hear it.
not on a legal street so they can't ticket you **** for it. (had a cop try to pull some slick **** on me once in a parking lot)

and im not for sure, but don't they have to have a decibe meter to determine if its too loud or not? Loud is a relative term...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Its a house on lawyer street right off of southwest pkwy goin toward welborn.I knew i better not **** off the cop because I learned my lesson on how to deal with cops back in December when i went to jail for a freaking mip (college station) for pissing the cop off. I think my best bet is to cap it (electric or not) b/c it is a bright yellow truck that i guess is lound enough to stand out...and i am sure that cop will be keeping an eye and ear out for me
Old 06-06-2006, 06:07 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Brandon Boomhauer
true, iw ouldnt mouth off to them
but i would not have went outside and started my vehicle up to let them hear it.
not on a legal street so they can't ticket you **** for it. (had a cop try to pull some slick **** on me once in a parking lot)

and im not for sure, but don't they have to have a decibe meter to determine if its too loud or not? Loud is a relative term...
I asked about his definition of loud and all he told me was that the caller said his/her windows would shake for the excruciating 10 seconds it takes me to drive off ....which is complete crap because we can hardly hear it in our living room which is right next to our driveway.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats the thing I hate about exhaust laws in TX is that it is up to the discretion of the officer as to what is "too loud". In CA they at least have some guidelines for loudness, And towns have to set sound limits for noise violations I believe.

I would have started up my car, he would have said its too loud. Then I would have said then why didn't you come out here last night when someone called it in? If it was that important you should have come last night, ever heard of statute of limitation?

But thats just me.

Josh
Old 06-06-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brandon Boomhauer
yes for him to tell you it's too loud he has to have a decible meter. which they don't or didn't carry in there car. he can't hit you for a noise violation unless it's between the hours of like 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Banned

**** your neighbors and **** that cop. You didn't have to come outside at all, I wouldn't have even gotten up, **** 'em. File a harassment complaint on the cop, he ***** with you some more, file another and another, then let him explain to his kids why they didn't get Christmas presents this year.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

yellowchev02,
Does your truck have little stripping on the side of the bed? There are quite a few yellow single bed trucks i've seen around here with that stripe. Anyway, sorry about your neighbors, it's always best just to listen to the cops anyway. I would've done the same thing, I don't want any trouble. Good luck with the exhaust.

Jason
Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Mustang Moderator

Should of just said the truck doesn't run right now and then tell him to eat a DICK! LOL!

He really didn't have any right to make you start it but what's done is done...now he will probably be looking for your truck from now on which sucks!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

CSPD is a joke.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 KLR
Should of just said the truck doesn't run right now and then tell him to eat a DICK! LOL!

He really didn't have any right to make you start it but what's done is done...now he will probably be looking for your truck from now on which sucks!
EXACTLY i have done that many times. The lady that lives behind me calls the cops on me for noise disturbance when i am working on my car about once a week when i'm home from college. A lot of times, a cop will come up the driveway and ask me to turn my car on to show him how loud it is. I just tell him it doesn't run and it works every time.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JEspinoza
yellowchev02,
Does your truck have little stripping on the side of the bed? There are quite a few yellow single bed trucks i've seen around here with that stripe. Anyway, sorry about your neighbors, it's always best just to listen to the cops anyway. I would've done the same thing, I don't want any trouble. Good luck with the exhaust.

Jason

Just wonderin about your truck too, I've seen a couple as well. Does it have a new exhaust that exits in front of the rear passenger wheel?

Sucks about the cops, my neighbors at home bitch too and all I have is a catback.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

tex and jes....his a regency package, and they all came with the orange and black decals on the side. I bet his is the only lt'd and cammed regency in cs tho
Old 06-07-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

he has a JBZ racecars sticker on the fron windshield i believe, yellowchev i have a blakc Z on black Zr1's...ive seen your truck at school a couple times
Old 06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
he has a JBZ racecars sticker on the fron windshield i believe, yellowchev i have a blakc Z on black Zr1's...ive seen your truck at school a couple times
Oh yeah man i have seen you a few times out by the CPC...your car sounds mean and looks good man.

Do you work at discount tire on texas?, ive seen the car there a few times also
Old 06-07-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

If the cop comes back. Show him the Goat and shut the door.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
If the cop comes back. Show him the Goat and shut the door.
Not before he gives him 10 kicks in the ***,
Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
Not before he gives him 10 kicks in the ***,
Dont forget to call him a ***, if you dont do that, the game is meaningless.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

hahahahah the goat!

when you started up the truck you should have just evaded! Just hit hwy 6 and take off!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Have been here for 2+ years and have been pulled over once for loud exhaust(no cats and muffler), told him i had an exhaust leak. He said get it fixed and gave me a warning. It kinda depends who you get pulled over by in CS. Told another cspd that my front LP was ripped off and they told me to get another one and wrote a warning.lol
I saw that yellow single cab on Southwest the other day, looks good man.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by yellowchev02
Oh yeah man i have seen you a few times out by the CPC...your car sounds mean and looks good man.

Do you work at discount tire on texas?, ive seen the car there a few times also
yes i do thats pretty much my second home

Quick Reply: Not so nice wake-up call from a CS cop this morning